NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

Wow, this show has gone down hill...

Look, entertainment is subjective and all, BUT, David Tennant, Matt Smith and and Ecclestone were all better than Peter Capaldi is it? Don't quote me on that, not touched the series since the first episode with the newest incarnation of the Doctor.

The 12th but really 13th Doctor. It's hard to wonder how they're going to retcon his whole "12 regenerations, 13 lives" thing.

Unless that's already been sorted?

Jumping to conclusions a little, judging Capaldi on just one episode? How can you say the rest are better just on that?

I think he's a bloody brilliant Doctor.

And they addressed the regenerations thing in the episode where Matt Smith regenerated into him.

(Haven't had the chance to watch the new companion clip yet)

Jumping to conclusions a little, judging Capaldi on just one episode? How can you say the rest are better just on that?

I think he's a bloody brilliant Doctor.

And they addressed the regenerations thing in the episode where Matt Smith regenerated into him.

(Haven't had the chance to watch the new companion clip yet)

Well, slight understatement.

I watched about seven episodes I think, and have watch bits here and there, he just really hasn't sold me on it.

I felt Capaldi was much better in Series 9 than Series 8. In Series 8 he was way too gruff and serious, but in Series 9 the whimsical elements were back.

Matt Smith is still my favourite, though. He nailed it all.

Matt Smith > David Tennant > Tom Baker > Paul McGann > Peter Capaldi > John Hurt > Peter Davison > Sylvestor McCoy > Christopher Eccleston > John Pertwee > Patrick Troughton > William Hartnell > Colin Baker (poor chap)

Just my humble opinion.

Edited by Serebii

I don't think the "whimsical" elements suit Capaldi's doctor. I was looking forward to seeing him as the doctor, but 2 seasons have disappointed me so far.

As for the new companion, I don't want to judge based on short teaser, but she seems nice. I still want more Clara though.

(that said, that new companion seems to be great at pissing him off, maybe that's exactly what I need)

For me, the Capaldi era is terrible. Like the man as an actor but he's a terrible doctor in my opinion

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I just don't know what to think abut this show anymore, its always been light entertainment that even children could enjoy, but and crucially but somehting with adult themes and be entertaining for adults too - this is something i feel has been lost, it was watered down in the Matt Smith era, but the Capaldi era is even worse, its like the writers are righting a 90s CITV show to be on about 4:30.

The new companion is like a child, she isn't taking things seriously, the polar opposite to Clara who took things seriously (whilst having fun at times), and i can't see it working. Capaldi's doctor is all over the place, like an aged person who's gruff and a little uncaring, but also childish, Clara grounded him. Bill's character seems like the child and that would require the doctor to play the fatherly role, which would be a flip of the way he was the child in the relationship with Clara.

The other option is they are both idiots and the show devolves even further into a childish realm.

The last bit of Series 9 was good, so maybe this might stay good, but my hopes are dashed from that clip

Christmas special first look

Spin-off show Class Teaser

And a full trailer for Class

Christmas special first look

Spin-off show Class Teaser

And a full trailer for Class

Is the 11th's song making a comeback? I would approve that. Also Doctor Mysterio? I've googled it, and apparently it's the mexican translation of the Doctor. Is there some joke related that I'm missing?

Who is Class aimed at? I'll watch the pilot, but I don't have high hopes for that one. It's on 22 October.

Is the 11th's song making a comeback? I would approve that. Also Doctor Mysterio? I've googled it, and apparently it's the mexican translation of the Doctor. Is there some joke related that I'm missing?

Who is Class aimed at? I'll watch the pilot, but I don't have high hopes for that one. It's on 22 October.

Class is aimed at the same audience Torchwood was. Young adult/adult. DVDs will likely be rated 15 or 18.

Many assumed because it was set at a school, it'd be aimed at kids. There was one report of one of the actors feeling sick due to the amount of fake blood that was used during filming of one of the scenes.

Edited by Serebii

Has anyone been watching Class? So far I'm not enjoying it much to be honest. Maybe the first few episodes are just to present the characters, but I wasn't particularly thrilled with any of them. Also I can't get over how terrible the opening music is.

That's a shame. He really deserved a season with a new person in charge.

• Like 1

Its a shame because he looked the part and for a few episodes was very very good, unfortunately the writing sucks so its been a generally poor run with him as Doctor, so its a good thing Moffat is finally leaving too

Yeah, the writing is such dreck now. He deserved better episodes.

Stephen Moffat can't write more than two seasons of something before it becomes cack. See: Coupling, Sherlock, Dr Who.

Wish Capaldi was staying for at least one more season

Edited by Helmsly

I've really enjoyed series 10 so far and tonight's episode seems to have been very well received. I'll say again, I'm really going to miss Peter capaldi when he leaves, he's my favorite Doctor.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 3

On 6/24/2017 at 3:47 PM, Helmsly said:

I've really enjoyed series 10 so far and tonight's episode seems to have been very well received. I'll say again, I'm really going to miss Peter capaldi when he leaves, he's my favorite Doctor.

Calpaldi has been brilliant for me as well. As far as new Who goes I'd say Matt Smith > Peter Capaldi > Christopher Eccleston > David Tennant, totally understand that my order is completely not the popular choice!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flameboy said:

Calpaldi has been brilliant for me as well. As far as new Who goes I'd say Matt Smith > Peter Capaldi > Christopher Eccleston > David Tennant, totally understand that my order is completely not the popular choice!

Na, mine is pretty much the same but swap Tennant and Eccleston.

This season has been on point for the most part. It has had me gripped. I just wish that the big buildup reveal in this episode hadn't been spoiled by themselves. They only revealed it because it was in the "Coming Soon" trailer in the first episode and the media jumped on it.

• Like 1

I've found this season very good as well, and this last episode was excellent. I really loved the

Spoiler

Scooby-Doo moment of The Master, as it genuinely shocked me as well :laughing:  I was wondering throughout the episode: ok, Bill is in an age where she can age a few years and not change much, but the other guy should be getting visibly older...?

My order for the doctors is the same as Serebii's. The first episode ever that I watched of this show was the first of season 5. It will be really difficult to have a Doctor that tops that for me.

12 hours ago, Serebii said:

Na, mine is pretty much the same but swap Tennant and Eccleston.

This season has been on point for the most part. It has had me gripped. I just wish that the big buildup reveal in this episode hadn't been spoiled by themselves. They only revealed it because it was in the "Coming Soon" trailer in the first episode and the media jumped on it.

Yeah they've completely destroyed any suspense. whilst there were enough hints about one reveal in the last episode the final twist could have been an absolute killer if the BBC did not respond to rumours and speculation. Whilst it may not have been as much of a surprise as it would still be getting reported on but instead the BBC went as far to heavily sign post when he would be appearing killing off any notion of it being a twist by first confirming certain castings along with the coming soon trailers.

(ooh, my first post on the new forum)

@Helmsly, we were playing a game who would hold out the longest before replying after the latest season had started.. You lost.

Seriously though.. The fact it took so long is probably an indication of overall hype levels for Doctor Who nowadays.

I accidentally watched the first episode of the season, and to my surprise I thought it was ok.. It's good to hear the rest seems to be ok as well. I didn't watch the rest because I either forgot or had something else planned. There was a time I would plan to stay home and watch Doctor Who, but that time has gone. The end of an era, because Doctor Who was pretty much the last show I actually still watched on traditional television, My.. I believe 20+ year-old TV was basically only used for Doctor Who in the end. So it only saw a few uses each year, before Capaldi's second season. After that I barely bothered.

It's a shame, as I like Capaldi as an actor, and was actually excited by his casting announcement. With better writing (and/or perhaps directing?) I'm sure he could've been a great doctor. It would have been nice to see him in at least one other season, assuming quality would go up, but it's at least good to hear he leaves on a relative high note. I will have to see for myself some time, on Netflix.

I seriously thing though, that after the next doctor, they should seriously consider another 10 year hiatus.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1

I've genuinely loved this series, and after the last ones i'm shocked, prior seasons of been a couple of good episodes sandwiched between shit

The first part of the finale was very good, but christ alive that was the worst make up ever on Simms, you could see it from the moment he turned up! that said if the Beeb hadn't shown him in any material then we might have been shocked, like i was with Dr Yana

Really looking forward to the final part, i can't see how Bill will be saved and hope she isn't78, I am certain Simms will regenerate into Missy, but its odd she didn't remember so i wonder what could occur? (partial conversion process mess with his/her mind on regeneration?)

I also suspect the Doctor could die and regenerate too, with the Christmas special him being in being a two doctor special to introduce the new doctor and give a nice send of for Capaldi