NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

They've already done that a couple of times in the show's past. Nicholas Courtney played Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, but he first appeared in the show as Bret Vyon in "The Daleks' Master Plan". I'm sure other actors have played multiple roles in the show before.

Colin Baker had a bit part as a security guard before he was the Doctor.

Did you not see the preview clips they've showed where the daleks are moving through crowds of cybermen with impunity behind their shields, with cybermen being destroyed around them?

Anyway, the Radio Times covers are pretty conclusive, there will be no alliance.

Yes, but I still think they are under threat with so few of them. A Temporary alliance is what will probably happen.

Love the Radio Times covers - expecially as the "main" thing happening on TV is Doctor Who.

Love the Radio Times covers - expecially as the "main" thing happening on TV is Doctor Who.

I doubt they'd have gone with those covers if England had made the World Cup final.

Gotta say, i'm not all that impressed with who they chose. She seemed a little annoying tbh. *sigh*

I think we should give her a chance. She is playing a different character and in her role in Army of Ghosts all the script asked her to do was be a little bit cheeky, and then just a robot...then die. So I don't think that we can really judge her on 10 minutes of acting.

I saw it earlier, it's such a cool sig, can you make me one please? :) With a Dalek saying "Protect the Genesis Ark!"

Does anyone else think the Genesis Ark contains Davros?

Unlikely, anyway these are alternate reality Daleks, whose to say there even was a Davros in that reality.

Unlikely, anyway these are alternate reality Daleks, whose to say there even was a Davros in that reality.

We don't know that (unless you believe the Star, who were making assumptions as noone as seen this episode yet), it's my belief that these Daleks were a backup plan during the Time War, that the Daleks realised there was a possiblity they could lose, and so sent some Daleks into an alternate dimension, so whatever the Time Lords did, the Daleks wouldn't be completely wiped out. The sphere weakened the barriers when it initially left this dimension and went to the other, and it was this weakness that allowed the TARDIS to cross over at the beginning of "Rise Of The Cybermen" and repaired at the end of "The Age of Steel", and the Daleks again weakened the barriers when they returned and the Cybermen exploited this weakness to come to an unprepared world.

We'll find out for sure tomorrow.

The Daleks haen't even been said to be alternate! My guess is that because only like 4 came out of the sphere, they are the Daleks that were developing TARDIS like technology while the war raged on, and in the sphere they were able to avoid the fate of the Time Lords and Daleks.

The Daleks haen't even been said to be alternate!

I think they are from the "normal" universe.

Judging from one of the teasers

The Black Dalek gets angry when Rose tells him that it was her who killed the Dalek Emperor, The Dalek gets VERY angry. Suggesting that he knows that the emperor is/will be dead

Also, from some others

Rose says "You didn't have to kill him" to the Daleks (probably that scitentist with her), Dalek responds "Neither did we need him alive". I rekon that the Daleks plan to use Rose and Mickey to get to the Doctor, so they probably know about him

Yeah, they'd have no knowledge of the Dalek Emperor if they were alternate. Strangely, the Daleks have names in Doomsday according to Totally Doctor Who.

Yeah, they'd have no knowledge of the Dalek Emperor if they were alternate.

Why not? Whatever reality they are from surely they would have had some sort of leader.

Strangely, the Daleks have names in Doomsday according to Totally Doctor Who.

Maybe they are alternate then, no Daleks ever had a name in this reality.

I wish they'd bring back some other coloured Daleks, they're all black or gold now, whatever happened to the grey, white and groovy red Daleks.

Why not? Whatever reality they are from surely they would have had some sort of leader.

Maybe they are alternate then, no Daleks ever had a name in this reality.

I wish they'd bring back some other coloured Daleks, they're all black or gold now, whatever happened to the grey, white and groovy red Daleks.

I have an idea for you, send your ideas to RTD and what you think would improve the series, I'm sure he'd listen unless he has a load of other letters. :)

I have an idea for you, send your ideas to RTD and what you think would improve the series, I'm sure he'd listen unless he has a load of other letters. :)

I wouldn't waste my time, the bastard would probably just steal my ideas and pass them off as his own.

And the fact that these Daleks are getting upset about the Emporers death rules out Davros as the contents of the Genesis ark.

Copyright your ideas by sending them in a letter to yourself first and leaving unopened.

I saw it earlier, it's such a cool sig, can you make me one please? :) With a Dalek saying "Protect the Genesis Ark!"

Yes I can make you a sig like that I'll P.m. it to you when I'm finished.

Yeah, they'd have no knowledge of the Dalek Emperor if they were alternate. Strangely, the Daleks have names in Doomsday according to Totally Doctor Who.

The question was "What is the name of the Black Dalek?"

We are taking this far to literally. I bet that the awnser is the Dalek Supreme.

All the Daleks were wiped out in the Time War (so we thought). One Dalek fell through time to Utah in 2012 and then that was destroyed. However, in the Time War, the Emporer's Ship drifted off into space and avoided the fate of the other Daleks (I still think it is far more likely that the Dalek in the episode "Dalek" didn't kill itself but instead teleported and became the emporer. That's just speculation though) Rose then wiped all these Daleks out of time.

However, a Void Ship takes you to the Void, where there is no time and no space. 4 Daleks entered into the Void ship with the Genisis Arc. I bet that the Genisis Arc is something that repulates the Dalek race. So what did the Daleks do for all that time in the Void Ship:

http://www.insertcredit.net/doctorwho/orion/10yearsinthesphere.mp3