NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

It's really bugging me when Doctor said something about a deja vu or a premonition is just remembering in the wrong direction after saw Ashildr for the first time in the Girl who died. I'm stuck between three theories. #1 The Immortal Ashildr was always in the background when Past Doctor(s) went on his adventure before officially meet the mortal Ashidlr. #2 He was talking about why he got those angry eyebrows haha. #3 The spoiler in my previous post.

Edited by DriftKaiser

Doesn't ashilder have another one of those 50 pence immortal life things ? Could she have not simply used it on Clara after the doctor was sent to the place in the last episode

Doesn't ashilder have another one of those 50 pence immortal life things ? Could she have not simply used it on Clara after the doctor was sent to the place in the last episode

Didn't she use it on that guy that was getting hanged a couple of episodes ago?

Masterfully crafted episode, this series is really, really delivering. The plot reminded me of Moon and Groundhog Day, except infinitely (almost literally) more heartbreaking. The look on the Doctor's face when the penny dropped and he realised what 'BIRD' meant for him and what he had been doing/had to keep on doing was so sad. But he never gave up, the magnificent bastard.

Two billion years of punching diamond? That is most certainly one hell of a bird.

Boring as fuck.

How did The Doctor get into that borefest of last week?

Repeating for emphasis?

Masterfully crafted episode, this series is really, really delivering. The plot reminded me of Moon and Groundhog Day, except infinitely (almost literally) more heartbreaking. The look on the Doctor's face when the penny dropped and he realised what 'BIRD' meant for him and what he had been doing/had to keep on doing was so sad. But he never gave up, the magnificent bastard.

Two billion years of punching diamond? That is most certainly one hell of a bird.

Repeating for emphasis?

The first time wasn't a question, so no.

But you're a big fan of repetition at the moment, so you should lapping up these posts for a couple of trillion years with no complaints.

Maybe because I was post-seizure mode that I couldn't enjoy it properly, and since I know the "twist" I don't think I could be bothered.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-11-30/did-you-spot-this-hidden-message-in-doctor-who-heaven-sent

Hidden message for you all. Sure it'll give you all a bigger appreciation or something.

EDIT: Decided to give it another watch, and although not as boring as originally thought, but I still just don't get the point of it all.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

What, Moffit, bring someone back through complete BS? Nah... Never...

Overall a great episode! Really epic! A thrilling conclusion! : peace:

Spin-off with Clara and Ashildr would be nice :p

I can already see the merchandising machine whirring away...

You know you'd buy the hell out of all the Tardis Diner toys they're gonna make ;)

Well that explained a few things.

which implied it would hold information and not a convoluted way for Time Lords to get things off their chest before dying*. But instead contained Hogwarts and a Dementor and self-repairing-room-service. Yet seemed to be a bit picky on what it would reset for plot purposes (namely the wet clothes, harder than diamond things [and technically the skulls])

*Avoiding the fact that it wasn't used properly on The Doctor, how would it know how much information is enough?

I can already see the merchandising machine whirring away...

Thought that the moment a new Sonic Screwdriver fired out.

Did this ever get explained?

... how the Chronothingy couldn't have been removed. It seemed perfectly able to take it off and be done with when it was on Rigsy, but when it went on Clara suddenly "THE CONTRACT HAS CHANGED. I PROMISED THE CROW A SOUL"

Clara's dead is a fixed point. The raven eventually get the soul when "Clara Who" is done with her adventures and go back to the time between her heartbeats via Gallifrey. The reason they did it so they bring Jenna Coleman back as a guest for an espiode like Rose, Donna, Martha, River and maybe Amy and Rory.

Clara's dead is a fixed point. The raven eventually get the soul when "Clara Who" is done with her adventures and go back to the time between her heartbeats via Gallifrey.

Yes, but that wasn't known at the time and that's not how it was originally dealt with the first time it happened. Prior to knowing the tattoo was moved it was all:

"Ah well, I guess you're innocent, let us take off that death countdown"

Therefore implying that the process can be nulified. However fast forward five seconds...

"Actually Little Stark, she's got it now."

"OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE."

Which gives the impression that the whole concept of it being able to be taken away is bullshit.

Pretty decent way to round things out, last two episodes have been fairly good actually focusing on telling an interesting story, sure its bubblegum in its way but its good bubblegum. Clara is going to become the writers single use get out of jail free card in a season or 2, they will put the doctor in a situation he cant possibly escape from and she will randomly appear to save the day likely sustaining a life ending injury that she has to go back into her death sequence for.

Either way despite a few weird deus ex machina moments and some silly writing this was for me a much better season and im looking forward to whatever they have next.

Well that explained a few things.

which implied it would hold information and not a convoluted way for Time Lords to get things off their chest before dying*. But instead contained Hogwarts and a Dementor and self-repairing-room-service. Yet seemed to be a bit picky on what it would reset for plot purposes (namely the wet clothes, harder than diamond things [and technically the skulls])

The diamond tunnel and skulls were outside of the castle, so they didn't reset as they weren't rooms in the castle.

The room with the clothes reset like the other rooms.

The diamond tunnel and skulls were outside of the castle, so they didn't reset as they weren't rooms in the castle.

The room with the clothes reset like the other rooms.

Wasn't the diamond tunnel in room 12? Or because it connects to Gallifrey are they saying it's 50/50? Same with the room "outside" with the burial mound.

I don't get how the room with the clothes does reset, because if it did it properly the first set of clothes wouldn't have been there for the loop to begin with. Same with the first skull in the teleporter room.

Wasn't the diamond tunnel in room 12? Or because it connects to Gallifrey are they saying it's 50/50? Same with the room "outside" with the burial mound.

I don't get how the room with the clothes does reset, because if it did it properly the first set of clothes wouldn't have been there for the loop to begin with. Same with the first skull in the teleporter room.

The room with the clothes in always had a set of dry clothes in it. The rooms weren't empty.

As for the skull in the first room, the room was reset when the previous Doctor entered it. He died, left the skull and the new Doctor appeared before the room reset.

As for the first time, we don't see that, so he presumably thought up the idea the first time he was killed (he had plenty of time to think about it). The cycle we see at the start is around the 12,000th one.

The room with the clothes in always had a set of dry clothes in it. The rooms weren't empty.

the previous Doctor left a set of wet ones. Unless you're saying that the garments the Doctor we see leave reset to an originally left pair, it seems a bit of a plot hole.

Unless you're right and there actually was a set of clothes left to warm by the fire prior to the Doctors original arrival, which makes the dynamic moment of "I bet they won't see this coming" *dives into water* lose all its impact.

As for the skull in the first room, the room was reset when the previous Doctor entered it. He died, left the skull and the new Doctor appeared before the room reset.

but are you saying the room reset itself twice in the space of ten-ish seconds?

Dying Doctor enters and room resets > Brings next Doctor > Room resets again > Skull somehow stays

Also, what was in that lil hole in one of the rooms? Hexagonal(?) thing with loads of arrows pointing to it.

Watched the promo video thing. Think it's safe to say I'm never going to like this show!

Wow, this show has gone down hill...

Look, entertainment is subjective and all, BUT, David Tennant, Matt Smith and and Ecclestone were all better than Peter Capaldi is it? Don't quote me on that, not touched the series since the first episode with the newest incarnation of the Doctor.

The 12th but really 13th Doctor. It's hard to wonder how they're going to retcon his whole "12 regenerations, 13 lives" thing.

Unless that's already been sorted?

I personally don't mind Capaldi at all as the Doctor - though I still keep expecting him to have an outburst of expletives - :heh: he fits the role rather well, this new companion though... doesn't really appeal to me. :blank:

But then arguably, she perhaps maybe isn't meant to appeal to me but more people of a younger age-group? ::shrug:

I'll still watch it, just for the pure entertainment value though, nothing more. :smile:

Edited by S.C.G

I'm still waiting for Capaldi to leave before I start watching again. This new companion isn't doing anything to draw me back though.