NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

Matt Smith only seems to have one mode: eccentric. Like Retro said, there was no sense of danger. It wasn't a bad episode, just torturously shallow.

I don't understand why they aren't leaving little clues or doing a running theme, like with the 'cracks in the walls' or other such running threads throughout a series.

Probably because people were accusing the show of being too complicated. I can't remember where I read it, but particularly with series 5 finale I remember reading.

They have made quite big point with Series 7 as a whole to be single episodic stores (hence why we have had no 2 parters etc).

I agree with you in the sense that I do miss that kind of stuff, however this finale has the potential to be super awesome with it's promise and may link to a lot of things.

I'm hoping they will actually address how the TARDIS blew up at the end of series 5 with the message 'silence will fall'.

EDIT: Just a thought, the only other 'hint' we have had (potentially) is Clara getting the impression the TARDIS doesn't like her, might be nothing but they have brought it up more than once.

Edited by Mike1988uk

Probably because people were accusing the show of being too complicated. I can't remember where I read it, but particularly with series 5 finale I remember reading.

This is it exactly. Ever since Moffat took over, there have been constant complaints that the story arcs are getting too "complicated"

Putting a crack in a wall of each episode isn't confusing.

It was all the river song timeline bollocks that got confusing!

Without a small thread running through the series, at the moment it feels like it's going absolutely no-where!

Putting a crack in a wall of each episode isn't confusing.

It was all the river song timeline bollocks that got confusing!

Without a small thread running through the series, at the moment it feels like it's going absolutely no-where!

People were saying it before the River stuff, and I don't see how that is confusing either. But, that said, I've been dealing with temporal conundrums since I was a kid...

...not personally, but yeah. When I was 8, I wrote a story about a time traveller who ended up creating the universe by trying to go back to see once and for all how it was done, only for his entry into the existence that predated the universe to be the catalyst that caused the big bang.

(Just seen the advert) Whaaat! It's the series finale next week!... Talk about a complete lack of hype/build-up in terms of story!!

And OMG get lost River!

Talk about a complete lack of hype/build-up in terms of story!!

- Doctor Who? - The Doctor's name (and how it isn't known) has been mentioned constantly this season.

- Repeated references to previous incarnations of The Doctor since Clara joined (more than normal)

- Clara's impossibility, identity, mystery - everything about her.

- How the TARDIS doesn't like Clara.

- "On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the eleventh, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a Question will be asked, a question that must never, ever be answered."

- "Silence will fall."

- River knowing The Doctor's name way back in season 4.

- Why the TARDIS exploded in season 5.

I think I'm the only person to ever like River.

I keep forgetting this is on, every bloody week. And then I forget to watch it on iplayer. I still haven't watched last weeks. I'll probably see the finale before last weeks and todays.

I think I'm the only person to ever like River.

I also think that she's a great character.

I also think that she's a great character.

As do I. It seems the hate for her is because the plotline in Season 6 about the Doctor's death was more focused on River

Just a warning, some Americans somehow received their BluRay copies early (like a week early, what's with that) and it contains the last episode, including the final five minutes which were not revealed to anyone. As such, the internet is likely to fill with spoilers

Just a warning, some Americans somehow received their BluRay copies early (like a week early, what's with that) and it contains the last episode, including the final five minutes which were not revealed to anyone. As such, the internet is likely to fill with spoilers

Thanks for the warning! :)

Going to have to not google anything Dr Who related!!

I hope Matt SMith is leaving and he regenerates and that's the spoiler

so theories on Clara? anyone? I

Clara is Rose and TennantHuman's Child, or at the very least related to the other universe and the tardis seed

I suppose she could be a time lord, it would be a really cool twist for her to be The Master

Chances are what she turns out to be won't be terribly interesting and she'll be a regenerated River, His daughter, his Grand daughter or just something boring

I hope Matt SMith is leaving and he regenerates and that's the spoiler

so theories on Clara? anyone? I

Clara is Rose and TennantHuman's Child, or at the very least related to the other universe and the tardis seed

I suppose she could be a time lord, it would be a really cool twist for her to be The Master

Chances are what she turns out to be won't be terribly interesting and she'll be a regenerated River, His daughter, his Grand daughter or just something boring

Sex Toy Doctor should never, ever be mentioned or seen in the show again.

I think they got the Doctor Internal battle wrong

It should have been the Doctor saying he loves Clara to break the cyber control, as Cybermen are normally void of emotion

I think they got the Doctor Internal battle wrong
It should have been the Doctor saying he loves Clara to break the cyber control, as Cybermen are normally void of emotion

Really?

So many complaints last year about "Love" saving the day...that would cause so much uproar

The Doctor doesn't love Clara though. That'd be really out of place. Clara knew it wasn't really The Doctor because she knows he's not in love with her. He's never once said anything like that to her, it was just the cyberman trying to use emotions to trick her but he read it wrong.

That was enjoyable. Not sure I really got it, though. The whole Impossible Girl thing turned out to be a bit silly, just a means to an end.

tumblr_lng4aqCT1T1qepqf7o1_400.gif

It was really good I thought, though I won't go into any more detail in case folks haven't seen it yet.

lol I'm not even gonna pretend I know what fuck is going on with this story but I still enjoyed it. Bring on November, gonna be interesting.

That episode was awesome. I loved the bits with the old Doctors in. I loved the resolution to the Clara stuff.

I also love John Hurt's introduction. I've always liked him, and not just because he has played my namesake

From the way The Doctor was talking, John Hurt is not the 12th Doctor...he's the 9th Doctor (making Eccleston the 10th, Tennant the 11th and Smith the 12th) and is responsible for the terrible stuff he had to do in the Time War.

From the way The Doctor was talking, John Hurt is not the 12th Doctor...he's the 9th Doctor (making Eccleston the 10th, Tennant the 11th and Smith the 12th) and is responsible for the terrible stuff he had to do in the Time War.

That's certainly an interesting possibility. I'd enjoy that