NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

Why are you guys reading it/want to potentially spoil it for yourself?

Because it's just speculation and could easily be completely and utterly wrong.

It would suck if it turns out to be correct, though, in which case you've spoiled the surprise and/or the joy of figuring it out yourselves.

As fun as Doctor Who is, I'm not too fussed about things like that getting spoilt. Likelihood is I wouldn't get it when it 'came out' in the show anyway :p

You have

- Future Clara from Asylum of the Daleks, I'm not entirely sure how this links with the TV movie

- Classic Clara from the Christmas special.

- Modern Clara from the current series.

Still, this would mean that The Doctor has been snogging him/herself. And wouldn't it mean that Clara will play a future Doctor (I suppose they could get to her, then skip forward or something - or when they break the number of regenerations, he could become Clara at any time and never get round to showing it)?

I don't think the point is that Clara is "The Doctor", she is literally "Doctor Who", the show. She is sort of the answer to the question "Doctor Who?", albeit a very meta answer. That's how I understood it, anyway.

It would suck if it turns out to be correct, though, in which case you've spoiled the surprise and/or the joy of figuring it out yourselves.

I never would've figured that out by myself, anyway. :p I'll still be as excited as a kid getting an N64 for Christmas if it turns out to be true. :)

Turns out Christopher Eccleston declined being in the special. Pity

The BBC has denied tabloid reports that Christopher Eccleston has 'pulled out' of the Doctor Who 50th anniversary episode.

The Daily Star claimed that Eccleston - who played the Ninth Doctor in 2005 - had agreed to star in the special but pulled out as filming was about to start.

However, the BBC has now told Digital Spy that Eccleston was never attached to the 50th and that his decision has had no impact on production.

"Chris met with Steven Moffat a couple of times to talk about Steven's plans for the Doctor Who 50th anniversary episode," an official source said.

"After careful thought, Chris decided not to be in the episode. He wishes the team all the best."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a470766/doctor-who-50th-bbc-denies-christopher-eccleston-quitting-rumours.html

Pity

Looks like I'm the only one who did not like the first ep of the season. I personally could find very little to enjoy about it at all, the whole thing was thoroughly stupid, even by Doctor Who's standards. Pretty much nothing made sense, and not just from a technical standpoint. It felt more like a children's show.

Although he refused early on, not after the script was written.

Still, I'm surprised he didn't do it. It would have been a good way for him to show that he has done something good in the past.

Edited by Cube

Steven Moffat’s Unused Doctor Who Story Arc – What If David Tennant Had Stayed For One More Year?

As it happens, the introduction of Amelia Pond was not contingent on the arrival of the Eleventh Doctor. Speaking to Doctor Who Magazine, Steven Moffat has explained what his basic story arc for series five would have been if David Tennant stayed on and Matt Smith not been recruited.

Here’s his explanation:

I only had the roughest idea. Had David stayed for one final year, it would certainly have been his last, so my pitch was that it would start with the Tardis crashing in Amelia’s back garden – as now – and a terribly battered and bruised Tenth Doctor staggering out.

Amelia finds him, feeds him fish custard (no that was for Matt, it would have been something more Davidy) and generally helps him. But we, the audience, can see he’s in a truly bad way. Dying maybe. Eventually he heads back to his TARDIS, and flies off.

But when he returns – many years later for Amy – he seems perfectly fine, and indeed doesn’t remember any of those events…And of course over time, we realise what we saw was the Tenth Doctor at the end of his life, about to regenerate. Events that we return to in Episode 13…

One of the most interesting things about this are the implications for the relationship between Eleven and Amy, even Rory and River.

Either Eleven would never get to meet Amy and Rory, which would most likely have changed the River Song storyline profoundly, or he’d meet them after they already knew Ten.

Anyway, that didn’t happen, and Tennant moved on, leaving us all to wonder what he’d have liked to eat instead of Fish Fingers and Custard.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/05/steven-moffats-unused-doctor-who-story-arc-what-if-david-tennant-had-stayed-for-one-more-year

Yawn wtf is this lol

An episode of Doctor Who!

This is what I like about the show, it can be epic adventure one week, then an nice emotional piece the next.

Was a decent enough episode, and it was gorgeous

Bleh, was that really 45 minutes. Nothing happened and it had all the trite sentimentality of a late Tennant episode.

Why were they so fussed about the "sacrifice" of the little girl when absolutely nothing happened to the doctor.

Arbitrarily upping the stakes from a monster to a sun was weak - at least the monsters costume was good.

---

Wasn't the "death of the doctor" supposed to be the doctor going under cover to stop the world ending - yet last week he was dancing in the street introducing himself to anyone who looked at him?

I really liked the closing episodes of last series where he was pulling away from Amy - with the hope hotel thing being the pinnacle - and questioning what he did to his assistants. Now they completely reverse this in a single episode at christmas.

I really am losing interest. Why try to write anything good when you get more than enough buzz behind the show by chucking in some nerd-bait assistant and changing the doctors wardrobe.

Looks like I'm the only one who did not like the first ep of the season. I personally could find very little to enjoy about it at all, the whole thing was thoroughly stupid, even by Doctor Who's standards. Pretty much nothing made sense, and not just from a technical standpoint. It felt more like a children's show.

Nah, it was terrible. Really naff SciFi floating in a bog of weak dialogue and poor narrative structure.

It's a shame. Who use to be awesome.

Today's episode was only slightly better. Ever since the Sarah Jane Adventure stopped they've massive dubbed down Who. Why it's on at the time it is is beyond me. It's a children's show now, it should be on at 4.

Nah, it was terrible. Really naff SciFi floating in a bog of weak dialogue and poor narrative structure.

It's a shame. Who use to be awesome.

Today's episode was only slightly better. Ever since the Sarah Jane Adventure stopped they've massive dubbed down Who. Why it's on at the time it is is beyond me. It's a children's show now, it should be on at 4.

Doctor Who has always been a family show. I have seen people saying "oh it's for kids now" since 2005 and I don't see it. Not everything has to be sex, violence, gore and genocide

Yeah...no one said anything about sex, violence, gore and genocide. Way to jump the gun.

That was awful episode with all the singing and sudden rushing ending to it but did enjoy the docotor speech.

I don't think the point is that Clara is "The Doctor", she is literally "Doctor Who", the show. She is sort of the answer to the question "Doctor Who?", albeit a very meta answer. That's how I understood it, anyway.

Yeah that what is means.

Clara's mum died on March 5th 2005.

The date that Rose was set on and the same day that episode was leaked online.

I thought it was a decent episode, although in the end it didn't really get across what the danger of the planet parasite thing actually was. Some good character moments with brilliant acting, and I thought the make-up and effects were brilliant.

I wonder how long The Doctor will use Amy's glasses for.

Looking forward to the cybermen one with Warwick Davis as a fighter ,

It would have been better if it was a Dalek episode he would be the ultimate dalek killer resistance fighter as they could not aim low enough ,

I thought it was a decent episode, although in the end it didn't really get across what the danger of the planet parasite thing actually was. Some good character moments with brilliant acting, and I thought the make-up and effects were brilliant.

I wonder how long The Doctor will use Amy's glasses for.

Pretty much my thoughts on this weeks ep.

Id say the weakest of 'series 7' as a whole so far.

I always find the first few episodes of each new series are like this - pretty boring, contained episodes that don't have a lot to do with the main storyline.

I think the issue most people have with this issue, as I've seen on GB, is the singing...and the sentimentality. I actually saw some people complain that Doctor Who has caved and done a musical.

It was a nice little episode. Not epic, not action, but having every episode like that would be so dull

My biggest problem was that it was a mess of under developed concepts.

The alien in the box looked amazing, the special effects were impressive and the general setting was nice.

While I originally liked Matt Smith I've really gone off him now. All the other Doctors developed over time, the grew the character. Every episode might as well be Matt Smith filming his first episode, because nothing has changed.

I've searched this thread and don't think it's been mentioned, but did you know Jenna-Louise Coleman played Princess Melia Antiqua in Xenoblade Chronicles?