NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

882312_613564011990963_1162558962_o.jpg

Promo photo for this half of the season

It's as if he was trying to rip off Willy Wonka or something...

I glance over an order I got from one of the websites I work for. Then I see who has bought it - BBC Wales Doctor Who.

I glance over an order I got from one of the websites I work for. Then I see who has bought it - BBC Wales Doctor Who.
Spoilers!!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/30/david-tennant-and-billie-piper-to-return-for-doctor-who-special

Update: It's now 100% official, as BBC and BBC America have confirmed that David Tennant, Billie Piper and John Hurt will appear alongside Matt Smith and Jenna-Louise Coleman in the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special. The 50th anniversary will be written by Steven Moffat and directed by Nick Hurran. The press release notes this is "some of the all-star cast" for the special, which certainly implies more announcements are to come...

Wonder how Billie will factor back into things... unless it's just the Doctor remembering/revisiting past companions without them seeing him [again].

Wonder how Billie will factor back into things... unless it's just the Doctor remembering/revisiting past companions without them seeing him [again].

Oh my Arceus...

As season openers go that was one of the better ones. They're always quite safe, but yeah I enjoyed it. :)

And was pretty funny. :D

The intro doesn't seem right now without a flying/time-travelling Tardis bouncing around. :(

Well that was rather fun! I missed most of the last season, so it's nice to pick it all up again! :)

I think I'm in love with Clara already.

Always liked Amy, but to be honest, Rory was the better half of that couple.

If only I had a snog box.

Opening episode was a lot of fun. I also like how they had Amy's book. I also noticed that Craig (James Cordon) was one of the people captured.

Rose and Human 10 are perfectly alive. So it will probably involve that alternate universe in some way.

Edited by Cube

tumblr_mkhv42gQyV1qa3hzuo1_500.png

DoctorxClara OTP.

I really enjoyed that. :grin: The real star of the episode was the Shard, I have a weird love for that building. :heart:

I really liked the ep. It was a bit nice to go back to modern day shenanigans, a bit like the Tennant years. Though the last few seasons have been great, they've gone away from modern day episodes, presumably because they were over done but this and The Power of Three so far this season were great

I enjoyed the episode, not much more to say really... a good start to what will hopefully be a decent second-half of the season. :)

Great episode! Clara is fabulous, and I love the Doctor's new outfit. I suspect we'll see more of the mysterious client and UNIT's involvement, possibly also the CEO of the company.

Did anyone else catch the references with the book? Summer Falls by Amelia Williams, chapter 11's the best, makes her bawl her eyes out. :D Also, the boys on the cover look a lot like John and Sherlock.

I can't really remember Richard E Grants character from the Christmas Special... but seeing as he showed up again yesterday, is he going to be connected to Clara across all timelines/reincarnations?

Also I take it it's this Clara that potentially gets Dalek'd... because of the Oswin name.

Ooh, I didn't notice that was the same actor! I don't think this is the same Clara, though; the Oswin name has followed all the incarnations, and the Dalek Clara was on a space cruise, implying she was from the future, and didn't know who the Doctor was. She was a computer genius, though, but her genius status seems to be a trait of the character in all incarnations.

Oh, and apropos, another reference: The girl's name was Nina - the nickname Dalek Clara gave Rory.

Ooh, I didn't notice that was the same actor! I don't think this is the same Clara, though; the Oswin name has followed all the incarnations, and the Dalek Clara was on a space cruise, implying she was from the future, and didn't know who the Doctor was. She was a computer genius, though, but her genius status seems to be a trait of the character in all incarnations.

Oh, and apropos, another reference: The girl's name was Nina - the nickname Dalek Clara gave Rory.

Near the end the CEO referred to the screen as 'The Great Intelligence' as well. So yeah it looks like that could be a re-occurring theme, GT knew UNIT were really old friends with the Doctor as well, suggesting it is building up a lot of knowledge....

Puzzles though, who was the woman in the shop that gave clara the Doctors phone number? Saying 'best helpline in the universe'. I'm guessing it could be River?

And in Clara's book where she has been crossing out each year with the leaf... it is missing 16 and 23 birthday (I only noticed 23 missing, when I had a look a again to check I wasn't seeing things I noticed so was 16. What could that mean though... if anything!?

Fun fact, UNIT's existence is pretty much because of The Great Intelligence taking over with a Yeti in the underground, something that The Doctor may have put in place in the Christmas episode, despite it happening to the second Doctor

That was a good start to the season but I'm rather wary of Clara's character (or relative lack thereof, so far). That's not to say she isn't an enjoyable presence but I am hoping we'll get a more fleshed out female screen presence rather then another female enigma-character. If Doctor Who has one flaw it doesn't always fill out it's female characters very well. I'd like at least one regular with her own agency who isn't a fortuitous tag-along, mysterious anomaly or his backwards-time wife.

Who is Clara theory:

Clara's a metaphor for the series as a whole.

• She was born on 23rd November.
  • She's been through 3 incarnations (Classic, TV Movie, New)
  • She lived for 26 years, and then died.
  • She came back in the modern day.
  • She can't write 16- the amount of years between the end of the classic series and the start of the new.
  • She can't write 23- the amount of years between the end of the classic series and her first appearance.

So, in essence, when the question is asked... Clara is Doctor Who.

No way are these all coincidences.

Quite insane theory but would even Moffat do that?

Who is Clara theory:

Clara's a metaphor for the series as a whole.

• She was born on 23rd November.
  • She's been through 3 incarnations (Classic, TV Movie, New)
  • She lived for 26 years, and then died.
  • She came back in the modern day.
  • She can't write 16- the amount of years between the end of the classic series and the start of the new.
  • She can't write 23- the amount of years between the end of the classic series and her first appearance.

So, in essence, when the question is asked... Clara is Doctor Who.

No way are these all coincidences.

Quite insane theory but would even Moffat do that?

Not sure if I'm missing something here... How has she been through 3 incarnations? Is the TV Movie the Christmas Special? I wouldn't call that a movie myself :p new is obviously the new series so is classic simply referring to the one episode she was in last series? Not exactly the same.

Still besides that it's quite brilliant that people have put all that together. The fandom really does pick up on any and all clues!

Not sure if I'm missing something here... How has she been through 3 incarnations? Is the TV Movie the Christmas Special? I wouldn't call that a movie myself :p new is obviously the new series so is classic simply referring to the one episode she was in last series? Not exactly the same.

Still besides that it's quite brilliant that people have put all that together. The fandom really does pick up on any and all clues!

You have

- Future Clara from Asylum of the Daleks, I'm not entirely sure how this links with the TV movie

- Classic Clara from the Christmas special.

- Modern Clara from the current series.

Still, this would mean that The Doctor has been snogging him/herself. And wouldn't it mean that Clara will play a future Doctor (I suppose they could get to her, then skip forward or something - or when they break the number of regenerations, he could become Clara at any time and never get round to showing it)?