NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

I love how them being a couple appears to be what rattles his Victorian sensitivities the most. :heh:

And modern sensitivities if you check the comments on the video :p

I don't like reading comments on YouTube, they really make it hard to maintain the illusion that mankind isn't a festering pile of horribleness.

Is that

One of the classic ones?

No, it's the new one. They're going all out in making sure everything seems new. In the Doctor's view, he's had the TARDIS layout for like 300 years so time for a change.

The intro and theme change with the episode on Tuesday too

Edited by Serebii

It isn't one of the old ones but it IS meant to hint back to the old ones. The new titles and new theme will also hint back to the old ones. This is all part of Doctor Who's rebrand for the 50th Anniversary which will culminate in the specials in November. Also that is a terrible photograph, the new interior looks much better in motion and in the background you can see a handrail leading down some stairs... its a lot bigger than it looks in that photo.

I've just seen one of the titles for the new half-season

"Journey to the centre of the TARDIS" sounds great. I've always wanted to see more of it. I always imagine that the inside is at least the size of a skyscraper.

i'm not much of a Matt Smith fan but that was awesome!

the title sequence was odd, no time vortex for 99% of it but i wasn't averse to it either, it was an interesting change

and Clara Oswin Oswald, love the character and well intreaging or what!

cant wait to see the story unfold

Yeah, this was a great episode. Much better than last year's Christmas special, and it being in the mdidle of a season with the transition just made it work even better

I actually like the new TARDIS interior. It seems a bit small compared to the last one, similar in size to the one of the Eccleston/Tennant eras, but I'm definitely liking it.

The new title sequence is just awesome and a brilliant callback to the originals, perfect as we go into the 50th anniversary

The stuff with Clara is interesting, very interesting.

Roll on the second half of the season

The title sequence was beautiful. Reminded me of the 80s era ones but done with modern CGI. Yes. Good.

Doctor Who Magazine has confirmed that the second half of the season will air in April 2013

I thought that was easily Steven Moffat's best Christmas Special yet. Very entertaining, with loads of funny bits! I have to say, I've enjoyed this years mini-series and the Christmas Special more than the past two years'. I really think they've improved it a lot.

Clara is darn sexy too!

Brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT! LOVE the new intro, LOVE the new TARDIS interior, LOVE the new outfit, LOVE the new story arc, LOVE Clara, LOVED the episode! The references to Sherlock Holmes especially were brilliant, clearly a nod to Sherlock. :heh:

Brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT! LOVE the new intro, LOVE the new TARDIS interior, LOVE the new outfit, LOVE the new story arc, LOVE Clara, LOVED the episode! The references to Sherlock Holmes especially were brilliant, clearly a nod to Sherlock. :heh:

Loved that it had an adaptation to the Sherlock music when the Doctor was masquerading as him

Such a great episode yesterday! As others have said they got so much of it right. Good humour, love the intro (I haven't even watched the old who's) but I recognised its retro connections visually and through audio through watching old title runs on YouTube in the past. I like the new interior to the TARDIS. Would have loved watching that ep as a kid as it seemed like it would have been really scary, oh and I'm very interested in this mystery story arc regarding the companion and GI.

Loved that it had an adaptation to the Sherlock music when the Doctor was masquerading as him

OH GOD I DID NOT EVEN NOTICE

I'm very interested in this mystery story arc regarding the companion and GI.

What if.....they're the same thing.

What if.....they're the same thing.

Indeed!

Although I did a google search the other day and it said that GI has appeared twice before in the old series and timeline wise this happened before them as one of the episodes GI attacks the London Underground and in this ep the doctor showed it a map...

Ordered tickets today to go to the 'doctor who experience' in Cardiff on Thursday for my birthday on friday.

I'm quite looking forward 2 it! :smile:

Ordered tickets today to go to the 'doctor who experience' in Cardiff on Thursday for my birthday on friday.

I'm quite looking forward 2 it! :smile:

You should love it. Went to it when it was in London in 2011. It was AWESOME

Had a great time!

Got some 'good' photos, like me pretending to put a key in the TARDIS door & putting my head in the sucker on a dalek! :p

The interactive bit was quite good, would have absolutely loved doing something like that as a kid!

They had props there from season 7 (so far) and even had the snowmen and the big snow globe (with the snow moving around inside) there from the xmas special! As well as loads of other stuff from previous series and some old pre 'new' Who stuff as well.

Had a great time!

Got some 'good' photos, like me pretending to put a key in the TARDIS door & putting my head in the sucker on a dalek! :p

The interactive bit was quite good, would have absolutely loved doing something like that as a kid!

They had props there from season 7 (so far) and even had the snowmen and the big snow globe (with the snow moving around inside) there from the xmas special! As well as loads of other stuff from previous series and some old pre 'new' Who stuff as well.

Nice. I intend to go there again soon. Last time I went, they had just added the Silence into it :D