NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

Fans of the show will hate me for saying this but:

I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF THE DALEKS! PLEASE KILL THEM! At first it was cool but now I just think they're the worst episodes. Also, I used to like them as an enemy but Doctor Who has MUCH better enemies now. The Silence and The Angels to name a couple! Can they just fuck the Daleks off now for a series?

Other than that, yeah, looking forward to the new series.

I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF THE DALEKS! PLEASE KILL THEM! At first it was cool but now I just think they're the worst episodes. Also, I used to like them as an enemy but Doctor Who has MUCH better enemies now. The Silence and The Angels to name a couple! Can they just fuck the Daleks off now for a series?

To be fair though the daleks only appeared for one episode in series 5 properly and a small part in the end episodes. And in series 6 they only appeared as a cameo in the last ep.

Even the tennent special eps didn't use them at all So there usage has been toned down a lot in the last few years compared to the eariler tennent/eccleston eps.

They did used to feature them a lot though.

They did just have one 5 second cameo last season and this episode is supposedly the only episode with them in.

Problem is, according to the contract with Terry Nation, they have to show the Daleks at least once a year. If they don't, they can never use them again.

While they aren't exactly scary, they are as iconic to the series as The Doctor and the TARDIS, plus Daleks in merchandise to kids helps get a tonne of the revenue that keeps Doctor Who afloat.

I'm fine with the once a year appearances

I just find their episodes to be so....UGH! The last episode I genuinely liked that had the Daleks in was the Eccleston episodes at the end of season one.

Just noting that I love what my mate says about them. She called the Daleks in the WWII episode "The Power Ranger Daleks" hahaha.

I just find their episodes to be so....UGH! The last episode I genuinely liked that had the Daleks in was the Eccleston episodes at the end of season one.

Just noting that I love what my mate says about them. She called the Daleks in the WWII episode "The Power Ranger Daleks" hahaha.

I call them the iDaleks.

Seems they have taken to heart the dislike for them in the communities, hence why the majority of the ones seen in the trailer are the gold ones from Eccleston/Tennant's era

So, Mark Gatiss is doing a biopic drama for the 50th anniversary dealing with the original creation of Doctor Who. Could be interesting

It would appear that many trustworthy twitter people are stating it will be on September 1st at 7:20pm

It would appear that many trustworthy twitter people are stating it will be on September 1st at 7:20pm

That's great if confirmed true!

Looking forward to some doctor who in my life again. :)

That's great if confirmed true!

Looking forward to some doctor who in my life again. :)

It is. Their FB page confirmed it earlier

Seems the BBC are doing a 5 part miniseries on their youtube channel in the week running up to it called "Pond Life". Presumably it'll also be on the BluRay

First part of the five part mini-series airing this week in the run up to the new series on Saturday

I'll post each part since I have nothing better to do

Anyone see any news on when it's screening in North America?

Edited by flameboy

Anyone see any news on when it's screening in North America?

This Saturday at 9pm on Space, seeing as you're in Canada

Thought the first two were really funny!

Sontarans, Dizzee Rascal... love it!

This Saturday at 9pm on Space, seeing as you're in Canada

Cheers mate! Much appreciated. Appears I have that Channel :bouncy:

The first was a bit underwhelming I thought, but the rest have been absolutely lovely. :D

Thanks for posting them, Serebii. :)

They have made movie style posters for eahch of the 5 episodes airing They also include all the episode titles and I am assuming the order they will air in.

185445_512312492116116_2133006419_n.jpg

424204_519376814743017_1314782376_n.jpg

298848_519376788076353_887203878_n.jpg

557467_519376851409680_38615358_n.jpg

296608_519376801409685_513872203_n.jpg

lol Snakes on a Plane Dinosaurs on a Spaceship! Simple. :p

Hmm... so Amy's fate is decided in an Episode with The Angels 'ey!

(Does it have to be Manhatten again!?... wish I wasn't reminded me of the awful Daleks in Mahatten!)

lol Snakes on a Plane Dinosaurs on a Spaceship! Simple. :p

Hmm... so Amy's fate is decided in an Episode with The Angels 'ey!

(Does it have to be Manhatten again!?... wish I wasn't reminded me of the awful Daleks in Mahatten!)

Could be fairly obvious why they're doing it in Manhattan though.

StatueLiberty.jpg