NEurope
KKOB

Doctor Who

God id hate it if James Cordon joined full time, its annoying enough having him appear as a guest star.

People said that about Catherine Tate but ended up likeing here.

Could be, but seems very unlikely, I thought I heard contract news a while back but maybe not.

Also you'd think there'd have been casting rumours, unless they don't intend to show us the new Doctor at the very end of this series... Well that's what they'd have to do I guess.

He'll be saved by love or something! :p (like when Tennants was restored to the right age by people saying his name or whatever)

Or River will have one left or something equally as convienient.

Hate it when they pull crap like that...or at the end of last series where Amy remembered the doctor.

Doctor Who Confidential has been Axed, the final one is this Saturday.

It's to do with BBC trying to save money or something. I never really watched it anyway tbh!

Doctor Who Confidential has been Axed, the final one is this Saturday.

It's to do with BBC trying to save money or something. I never really watched it anyway tbh!

Nor I, but I know a fair few liked it. Apparently though, it stopped being about the episode completely and they started filling it with pointless things to fill out the 45 minutes, such as Arthur Darvill swimming with sharks.

And loads of pointless montages with random songs.

In better news, Bill Bailey tweeted about filming for the Christmas special.

Oh yeah, there are going to be five special small episodes on the DVD/BluRay in addition to the Space/Time Comic Relief episodes, plus it also has the prequels.

These episodes are to be called "Night And The Doctor" with each individual episode called;

Bad Night

Good Night

First Night

Last Night

Up All Night

The DVD and BluRay for the complete series 6 is out on November 21st

So you may or may not know Flameboy and I do a weekly gaming podcast.

This week we were talking before recording an ep and in the end flameboy decided to just make our normal chat into a off topic podcast and talked about Doctor Who for a bit, mainly thoughts on tomorrows episode but covering some other points as well. (I didn't even know he was recording! lol).

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/entry/2011-09-29T13_22_15-07_00

A small thing people missed in "The Impossible Astronaut". As the Doctor gets shot, River starts shooting at the astronaut but then stops and says "Of course not".

Just figured I'd share it as we approach the season finale ;)

A small thing people missed in "The Impossible Astronaut". As the Doctor gets shot, River starts shooting at the astronaut but then stops and says "Of course not".

I did notice that, i just still don't understand it

You do a weekly podcast?!

Yep... ;)

I did pick up on that, I may have even mentioned it in this thread before (can't remember and I am not going to spend the time checking!)

I did notice that, i just still don't understand it

I just assumed she says that because she knows the astronaut doesn't die because she is still alive. If the astronaut was shot dead, then she wouldn't be there in the future to shoot at it.

In better news, Bill Bailey tweeted about filming for the Christmas special.

So like... what did he tweet? Or is just the fact that he tweeted newsworthy in itself? ::shrug:

So you may or may not know Flameboy and I do a weekly gaming podcast.

This week we were talking before recording an ep and in the end flameboy decided to just make our normal chat into a off topic podcast and talked about Doctor Who for a bit, mainly thoughts on tomorrows episode but covering some other points as well. (I didn't even know he was recording! lol).

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/entry/2011-09-29T13_22_15-07_00'>http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com/entry/2011-09-29T13_22_15-07_00

Give it a listen guys really worth it I promise! Mikes Doctor Who ramblings were very indepth.

You do a weekly podcast?!

Yup there have been numerous threads on here promoting it and we are currently at Episode 16....here is our page:

http://30minutegamers.podomatic.com

Also check out our facebook group and twitter @30minutegamers

So like... what did he tweet? Or is just the fact that he tweeted newsworthy in itself? ::shrug:

He just said he was filming for it.

Well that was slightly unsatisfactory.

Either the question is asking his name, or "Doctor, who?" so they want to the name of someone who did something but they shouldn't ask the question but they're going to anyway.

I do hope not all series' are going to end along the lines of "riddles in episodes + explained at the end = Doctor must die"

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Yeah it was a bit underwhelming in the end... seemed too much like an easy way out! (how convientient he'd met a spaceship that could take on the look of someone and could carry you around inside of it). ;)

However saying that, I did enjoy the episode!

For a moment there, I was seriously worried The Doctor was going to be saved by love! :p ... when River was saying you got messages of love back from all people across the universe (or whatever). The true ending was almost just as meh... but in a better way.

Moffat setting up the questions/riddles for next season already!... it's becoming a tad tiresome style, but anyhow.

Seems we could well be seeing more of River in future episodes too.

Roll on the next series!!

I thought it was a fairly good episode. Not the best but good. I guessed he would be the tesselector and that he'd fake his death so he's not as noticed a while back.

This "Doctor Who?" stuff though, while making me facepalm and not as awesome as "What do you get when you multiply six by nine?" leads me to believe that this will lead up to the 50th anniversary on Saturday November 23rd 2013 when the Doctor regenerates again; "the fall of the eleventh"

I thought it was a fairly good episode. Not the best but good. I guessed he would be the tesselector and that he'd fake his death so he's not as noticed a while back.

This "Doctor Who?" stuff though, while making me facepalm and not as awesome as "What do you get when you multiply six by nine?" leads me to believe that this will lead up to the 50th anniversary on Saturday November 23rd 2013 when the Doctor regenerates again; "the fall of the eleventh"

I thought you were questioning whether we'd have a new Doctor or not by the end of this episode?

Also... yes they said 'the fall of the eleventh'... but I'd be incredibly shocked if Matt Smith was replaced just to co-inside with the 50th anniversary!!

I thought you were questioning whether we'd have a new Doctor or not by the end of this episode?

Also... yes they said 'the fall of the eleventh'... but I'd be incredibly shocked if Matt Smith was replaced just to co-inside with the 50th anniversary!!

I was postulating the theory yes, but as I have been saying to my mates for months, he probably was faking his death because he's too well known, especially after what River said in A Good Man Goes To War. Can provide logs if you don't believe me :P

I don't think he'd be replaced just to coincide with it, but they'd make his natural end coincide with it.

This "Doctor Who?" stuff though, while making me facepalm and not as awesome as "What do you get when you multiply six by nine?"

:bowdown: There's a man that knows where his towel is.

I guessed the tesselector too, though I didn't think that the Doctor would be the one inside it. Overall I did like the episode though.

I have no problem with cliffhangers like the "Doctor Who?" question. I guess I'm used to seeing that in other shows.

I know it's all opinions at the moment, but I really hope they don't regenerate this Doctor too soon, I'm enjoying Matt Smith in the role.

As long as we get to see him giving his sonic screwdriver to River, as referenced in her first episode, I'll be happy.

I thought it was an 'good but not amazing' episode tonight. I guess I just didn't really like the fact that most of the time, we were watching 'alternate' versions of the characters. I wanted to know more about what happened with our Amy and Rory. Still, it was good to see the Silence again, even if we didn't learn that much more about them or Mme Kovarian, and I was pleasantly surprised with the return of Charles Dickens, the Brigadier (in name only, of course) and the Dalek. I wonder whether Sarah Jane will get a similar tribute in Doctor Who after the final episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures have been shown..

As long as we get to see him giving his sonic screwdriver to River, as referenced in her first episode, I'll be happy.

I thought it was an 'good but not amazing' episode tonight. I guess I just didn't really like the fact that most of the time, we were watching 'alternate' versions of the characters. I wanted to know more about what happened with our Amy and Rory. Still, it was good to see the Silence again, even if we didn't learn that much more about them or Mme Kovarian, and I was pleasantly surprised with the return of Charles Dickens, the Brigadier (in name only, of course) and the Dalek. I wonder whether Sarah Jane will get a similar tribute in Doctor Who after the final episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures have been shown..

From what we can surmise, he was going to invite the Brigadier to Utah too.

Loved the references to Jack's stag nights and the silence mocking Rory's repeated deaths.

In 2013, Doctor Who will have been on for 50 years. 50 years. Is it now time to find out who the Doctor is?

As the 7th Doctor said "I am so much more than just a Time Lord".

I am a bit annoyed though that they're referencing the fall of the Eleventh. I hated how much Tennant's last series was drenched in "omg i'm gunna die :( :(" ness. If that is a "ness". I want more happy, bouncy Matt Smith Doctor before any of that.

This episode kind of grated me a bit. It wasn't bad, but it kind of felt like the whole thing had been constructed starting with a lot of really cool sounding ideas that the story struggled to develop or sew together in any convincing manner. The twist was sort of clever but that didn't really make sense even within the mythology established by the episode.

Really by constantly trying to threaten the Doctor I think they're grabbing the wrong end of the stick. The Doctor's immortal, either because he's too clever or he can keep on regenerating. There' no point in threatening him, there's no real peril there. Instead they need to start threatening everyone and everything else a lot more. That doesn't mean the whole world or the whole universe has to be at stake, we've had quite enough of that recently. But the bad guys should be allowed to win from time to time - the Doctor wins, the Doctor loses, the Doctor may muck things up from time to time, but the show still goes on. Let the bad guys win just once and suddenly anything is possible.