NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

The Eye Of Judgment is REALLY good!

The booster packs are selling out everywhere as well, and GAME are having trouble with their delivery of them which isn't helping matters!

Like I said I didn't play enough. The voice acting is bloody amazing though.

EDIT:mmm... Disgaea 3 :) I was hoping they'd have HD sprites looking like drawing but whatever. They could port it to Wii too, it would be great.

Disgaea never came out in EU did it?

Both Disgaea 1 and 2 came to Europe, Koei was very nice to bring it over here for us. I do have the USA versions myself though, can't wait for 3!!

Don't forget Valkyrie Profile as well, that's a good RPG on PSP!

Disgaea PSP is out soon too, awesome Strategy RPG!!

Just wanna ask a few things about PS3 is the online experience anywhere near Xbox Live? Obviously that is far more centralized but then the added cost of a subscription and wireless bridge make that more expensive and the ever increasing PS3 library and new cheaper prize point are tempting me.

EDIT:

Also any VGA cables?

The actually online gaming on the PS3 is fine, just don't expect all the fancy 360 stuff, like personalize chat through games and so on, although they might do that, i mean you can chat with mates on the Playstation XMB area, so they might eventually do that in a firmware update, who knows eh?

The actually online gaming on the PS3 is fine, just don't expect all the fancy 360 stuff, like personalize chat through games and so on, although they might do that, i mean you can chat with mates on the Playstation XMB area, so they might eventually do that in a firmware update, who knows eh?

Agreed. There's no doubt Xbox Live is better! BUT PSN is free, which is a major bonus!

Gonna play trough Silent Hill 1-4, wish me luck :Þ

Good grief i yelled at Silent Hill 1 that thing that falls out of the locker in the school.

What type of video file does the PS3 need? As avis don't seem to work.

Since Mario Galaxy and PGR4 are the only games I'll be buying this year now I think I'll be playing through Shadow of the Colossus and Okami at last some time towards the end of the year.

I know! I delved into Okami alot more yesterday, clocked up 15 hours. Played it for a couple of hours. I adore it!

Shadow Of The Colossus is another game i've kinda abandoned but i'm going to go back too! It depresses me though....:D

Shit and GOWII! Jeez....me bad.

hey, im getting a ps2 soon (hopefully) and would like peoples suggestions on what games to get

the sort of games i like: pokemon (obviously cant get that for ps2 so no jokes), sims, theme park, rpg's kinda, so anything along those lines, oo and i love snowboard kids and 1080 and stuff along those lines

gimme ideas people

hey, im getting a ps2 soon (hopefully) and would like peoples suggestions on what games to get

This isn't software related, but if you're thinking of getting a PS2 you might want to wait a bit as it seems likely that Sony will be unveiling a cheaper version soon-ish. Not a big deal if you're getting one second-hand, but rumour is the newer version could be around £75/€100 new.

I'm not much help on the game's front, I'm afraid. Could you qualify "kinda" a bit in regards to RPGs? They're certainly the PS2's forte, but there's all sorts out there — and a lot of generic tosh.

This isn't software related, but if you're thinking of getting a PS2 you might want to wait a bit as it seems likely that Sony will be unveiling a cheaper version soon-ish. Not a big deal if you're getting one second-hand, but rumour is the newer version could be around £75/€100 new.

I'm not much help on the game's front, I'm afraid. Could you qualify "kinda" a bit in regards to RPGs? They're certainly the PS2's forte, but there's all sorts out there — and a lot of generic tosh.

im getting one for 30 pound off one of gregs friends!

i dont like fighting / shooter ones - unless theres an easy mode, and love james bond type of games

anything easy really :blank:

It's ridiculous, my mind's blank. There are so many games on the PS2!

Erm, if you haven't played it then you might like Beyond Good & Evil. It's a lovely Zelda-esque game which should be suitably accessible, and the PS2 version is the only one you can really get a hold of these days.

The Kingdom Hearts games might be a good choice. They're action RPGs that mix Final Fantasy and Disney characters, and the main game is pretty easy.

Psychonauts is a really funny platform/adventure game, although it does have the odd difficulty spike. One of those might be tracking the damn game down to buy.

If you're at all into traditional Japanese RPGs then I'd definitely recommend Final Fantasy X. It can have some nastily hard parts, but generally you can overcome anything by either levelling up a bit or asking for some good tactics. On a similar note you might like Final Fantasy X-2 which is a very saccharine spin-off: so long as you can stomach the "Girl Power!" vibe of it I've been told it's really good.

I'm sure there's lots of other titles too, I'm just having a hard time thinking at the moment.

Did anyone ever play Dark Chronicle? PLAY magazine said that it was a 'Zelda beater'.

Now, I don't mean to sound like a common Zelda fanboy, but Dark Chronicle was shite, full stop. You didn't need to compare it to Zelda to say it was awful. The voice acting was rubbish, the dungeons were crap, and the battle system was naff... :shakehead

I did. I owned it for a while, and after a couple of dungeons it bored the hell out of me. Zelda beater my arse.

I believe i purchased the first one, expecting a PS2 Zelda (the main character was like a pixie, dressed in green right?) and that was shite as well.

Your sword broke like every 5 minutes and building your town was rubbish as well....

I believe i purchased the first one, expecting a PS2 Zelda (the main character was like a pixie, dressed in green right?) and that was shite as well.

Your sword broke like every 5 minutes and building your town was rubbish as well....

Yeah Dark Cloud was terrible. I hated how your weapons broke and then you ha dto use fairy dust or something to fix it. The dungeons were so blad aswell, the only decent thing was the create a village thingy that you had to do. I think I spent about 2 hours on that game, maybe less...

I'd buy a tiny PS2. I hate having this massive one around, and this'd be ideal.

Gonna play trough Silent Hill 1-4, wish me luck :Þ

Good grief i yelled at Silent Hill 1 that thing that falls out of the locker in the school.

I've seen that bit 3 times.

There's not a single time it didn't shit me up.

It's ridiculous, my mind's blank. There are so many games on the PS2!

Erm, if you haven't played it then you might like Beyond Good & Evil. It's a lovely Zelda-esque game which should be suitably accessible, and the PS2 version is the only one you can really get a hold of these days.

The Kingdom Hearts games might be a good choice. They're action RPGs that mix Final Fantasy and Disney characters, and the main game is pretty easy.

Psychonauts is a really funny platform/adventure game, although it does have the odd difficulty spike. One of those might be tracking the damn game down to buy.

If you're at all into traditional Japanese RPGs then I'd definitely recommend Final Fantasy X. It can have some nastily hard parts, but generally you can overcome anything by either levelling up a bit or asking for some good tactics. On a similar note you might like Final Fantasy X-2 which is a very saccharine spin-off: so long as you can stomach the "Girl Power!" vibe of it I've been told it's really good.

I'm sure there's lots of other titles too, I'm just having a hard time thinking at the moment.

ive already got kingdom hearts :D so your along the right lines with that sort of games

final fantasy never appealed to me much, but i may try it out!

thanks for the help!

Is there an official PSN ID list anywhere of you guys? I want to add some of you (as no one has added me yet! :heh:) but not sure of the IDs

Okami is meant to be quite an easy game, it's meant to be a similar game to Zelda. Do you like platformers like Jak and Daxter?

Is there an official PSN ID list anywhere of you guys? I want to add some of you (as no one has added me yet! :heh:) but not sure of the IDs

There was on somewhere in this thread but both me and Caris have sold our PS3s so if you find our names then just scratch them off the list. I know both Owen and Dom still have theirs though.