NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

We've all played these games before!

There great and everything but I wish nintendo would make some you know different games.

Warhawk, Resistance: Fall of Man, Naughty Dog game, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Little big planet, Motorstorm are all games that are new ip, I don't see that on a nintendo platform.

And so sony lost dmc (never sold that well, i love it though) and gta (yeah thats big). But they still the better third party support, unlike nintedo they arn't getting the crap version of resident evil 5 and ff.

yeah but i would easily buy a £180 console to play those games, and all the new franchises we're going to get.

Spending £425 on a console for only a few games (to most of the public, there are only a few games atm that they would buy atm and in the near future) is just too much.

"Naughty Dog Game" sounds hugely amazing. Nevermind the fact that it doesn't even have a title yet. Resistance is a bit crappy. I like some of the weapons, but other than that, it's bland as fuck.

Alright then I googled it and it's current name is Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, happy?

And just in case you don't believe me here are some screens

01.jpg

04.jpg

im posting this from my ps3 and was wondering how come 360 cant do what the wii and ps3 can do are MS just not fussed in varying their services?

anyways make mine a PSWii60!!!!

I'll give it a try soon then :). The thing that most captivates me about RPG's are the story and music though.

The music is good, but it obvious that Umaetsu didn't touch the soundtrack, nothing that memorable.

And the story is a bit Star Wars Episode One with all the politics in it, but it's solid and most of the main characters are pretty likeable, definately better than 10's lineup but the character development does feel weaker than in other Final Fantasies.

Seriously the gameplay makes up for all of it though, well in my opinion of course a few other hardcore fans hate the game for some reason.

yeah but i would easily buy a £180 console to play those games, and all the new franchises we're going to get.

Spending £425 on a console for only a few games (to most of the public, there are only a few games atm that they would buy atm and in the near future) is just too much.

Yeah fair play the price is ridiclous, i completely agree with you there.

However I do have a problem when you say you are going to get lots of "new franchises" because right now all i'm seeing that is new is a shitty mario olympics game

im posting this from my ps3 and was wondering how come 360 cant do what the wii and ps3 can do are MS just not fussed in varying their services?

They don't want to compete with windows

Alright then I googled it and it's current name is Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, happy?

And just in case you don't believe me here are some screens

Oh joy, more guns.

It looks pretty shit tbh :heh:. But then, I've never been a fan of Naughty Dog.

Oh joy, more guns.

O joy, more mini games!

It looks pretty shit tbh :heh:. But then, I've never been a fan of Naughty Dog.

When you say "shit" are you talking about the graphics or the actual game. If it's graphics then you need to get your eyes checked. It is superior to anything on wii even the lovely mario galaxy.

When you say "shit" are you talking about the graphics or the actual game. If it's graphics then you need to get your eyes checked. It is superior to anything on wii even the lovely mario galaxy.

Well, when I think "Wii" I don't exactly think graphical powerhouse. There's totally different expectations from a PS3 game. The graphic's/ style looks so damn mundane. Considering it's a naughty dog game, I don't have high hopes for the gameplay either. Mario Galaxy looks infinitely better to me, not because of the polygons it pushes, but because of the way it looks. Hell, I can think of a fuckload of SNES games that I prefer the look of.

Whats the point in having a web browser on your console ?

Its pointless IMO

Well, when I think "Wii" I don't exactly think graphical powerhouse. There's totally different expectations from a PS3 game. The graphic's/ style looks so damn mundane. Considering it's a naughty dog game, I don't have high hopes for the gameplay either. Mario Galaxy looks infinitely better to me, not because of the polygons it pushes, but because of the way it looks. Hell, I can think of a fuckload of SNES games that I prefer the look of.

snes games that look better??????

Now i love my 2d as much as the next man but I think your going overboard there. Give some examples and then we can consider this further.

I'm not saying for one minute that uncharted is the best looking ps3 game but I am confident that it will be a very good game. I would say that only mario, smash and metroid will be better, with maybe paper mario and nights in that list also.

snes games that look better??????

Now i love my 2d as much as the next man but I think your going overboard there. Give some examples and then we can consider this further.

I'm not saying for one minute that uncharted is the best looking ps3 game but I am confident that it will be a very good game. I would say that only mario, smash and metroid will be better, with maybe paper mario and nights in that list also.

Seriously, though, those graphics just look boring beyond belief. Play Chrono Trigger, the epitome of beautiful art style, it's a game with heart, rather than trying to see how many polygons can be pushed. There's only one truly beautiful PS3 game that I can think of, Heavenly Sword, and that's only because of the stunning animation.

Seriously, though, those graphics just look boring beyond belief. Play Chrono Trigger, the epitome of beautiful art style, it's a game with heart, rather than trying to see how many polygons can be pushed. There's only one truly beautiful PS3 game that I can think of, Heavenly Sword, and that's only because of the stunning animation.

You might like little big planet then a game that is packed full of charm

10.jpg

9.jpg

The screens are of pretty bad quality so you really should find a vid so as to see it's ace animation.

There's a hell of a lot of beautiful games coming out on the PS3. Not just because of the polygon count and all that, but the art direction is genuinley superior than most Wii/360 games.

Little Big Planet is the most awe-inspiring, out-right jaw droppingly beautiful game i've ever seen except maybe Shadow of the Colossus.

There's a hell of a lot of beautiful games coming out on the PS3. Not just because of the polygon count and all that, but the art direction is genuinley superior than most Wii/360 games.

Little Big Planet is the most awe-inspiring, out-right jaw droppingly beautiful game i've ever seen except maybe Shadow of the Colossus.

Hurray a friend, high fives!

LBP looks ace but certainly not because of its art direction, had it not that graphics or physics no one would look at it.

OK I just watched the demo of Little Big Planet... it looks incredible!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17724&type=wmv&pl=game

Really I am impressed, let me get that across!

However... does the game quite work? There seems to be a few times in the demo when you can ignore the puzzle and also (I know they don't in the demo because that would ruin the look of it), couldn't you just step forward on the stage and walk infront of the puzzle if it was really annoying? I don't really get where the boundaries are!

Also, I agree that the Naughty Dog Game looks incredibly bland!

Really I am impressed, let me get that across!

However... does the game quite work? There seems to be a few times in the demo when you can ignore the puzzle and also (I know they don't in the demo because that would ruin the look of it), couldn't you just step forward on the stage and walk infront of the puzzle if it was really annoying? I don't really get where the boundaries are!

Also, I agree that the Naughty Dog Game looks incredibly bland!

It's far off it's release date so I wouldn't worry about those problems. It's going to have a beta some time this year so that users can create content and then be relaesed on a disc sometime in 2008. All the issues should be fixed by then :bouncy:

Tekken 6 info:

o Evolved Fighting System

o New Characters

o New Visual Customizations

o Improved Graphics

o Largest Cast of Characters Ever

o Coming in 2007

o Tekken 6(Tentative Title)

o There are more new characters on the way!

Storyline:

Kazama Jin won the Iron Fist 5 but at the monent he became the head of the Mishima Zaibatsu he instantly started to intrigue & to manipulate (for his own benefit) the info-flow. People then, started doubting and raising suspicions on him & a conflict/insurrection was not far away....

Then the Mishima Zaibatsu declared its independence against the whole world & demonstrated its war potential.

In the midst of all that the G company stood against the Mishima Zaibatsu as a saviour/Massiah. G company sent out troops to supress the Mishima Zaibatsu and people supported them. The G company announced that those who would capture alive Kazama Jin would earn an enormous reward. At that point the Iron Fist 6 tournament was announced.

Leo is actually a female character. The developers did not specify her gender however when asked about Zafina they had no problem confirming that she was a new female fighter. This would likely explain the VERY feminine look and voice coming from Leo. Also we’re sure you saw Bryan Fury showing off his new artillery towards the end of the Tekken 6 trailer… sources say that the shotgun is actually part of a customization item. By having certain items it will expand your move list and give you exclusive moves based on that item. By no means are these items meant to be powerful but more of a stylistic change.

Tekken 6 AOU 2007 Trailer

Well then Hideo Kojima must be lying when he says 360 aint got the power.

Did he say that? That kind of goes against what he's saying here:

1UP: With your debut of the Tokyo Game Show Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer, which has seen wide distribution in both Japanese magazines, online, and in the U.S. Official PlayStation Magazine recently, it really heralded the dawn of the next-generation. Everything else has been polished and nice, but this was so powerful, so compelling you even had to do a real-time demonstration at TGS to prove it was running on PS3 hardware. That said, it makes you wonder how much of a gap there is between the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. Do you think you could create MGS4, technically, on 360 if you wanted to?

HK: Yes, that's technically possible. I want to express, first of all, it's not that I don't like Xbox or 360. It's just that last year, our hands were really tied to MGS3, so the other Konami developers were able to get their hands on the 360 tools and hardware earlier. But we simply didn't have time to do that last year. So, meaning that we were behind the other developers in terms of 360 development. Kojima Productions has this philosophy that we want to be the first in everything regarding new technology. So after we finished MGS3, the option was to work on the PS3 to try all the new things for Metal Gear Solid 4. The only reason for this is I'm the kind of person who wants to be the first person on the moon, and don't want to be asking "what the moon was like?" from other people. So that's the real story behind selecting PS3.

1UP: It's interesting that you think you could do this on 360, though.

HK: Maybe some nuance or a small details here and there might be different, but I feel that hardware is no longer a matter. I'm just talking about PS3, 360 and PC. Revolution is totally different, but there are really no differences among the other three.

I'm not saying that MGS4 is coming out on 360, but people seem to assume the PS3 is substantially more powerful than Microsoft's machine. Sure, both machines have advantages over one another in certain areas, but I doubt we'll see anything on either machine which is impossible for the other to ape.

Also, unless the PS3 install base suddenly roars ahead of the 360's, you're going to see games that are made to run on 360 and are also available on the PS3 to tap that market. Much like multiformat games had the PlayStation 2 as their lead platform last generation, at least for the time being the 360 is the foundation platform for development.

This time it's all about exclusives — it doesn't matter if the PS3 could run a prettier version of Halo 3, as it simply isn't going to happen. So, if you have to make a choice between the 360 and PS3, I think it's important to look to their respective exclusives and decide which suits your gaming preferences the best. Unfortunately for me I like both suites, so I'm stuck with forking out lots of money. Bugger.

Did he say that? That kind of goes against what he's saying here:

I'm not saying that MGS4 is coming out on 360, but people seem to assume the PS3 is substantially more powerful than Microsoft's machine. Sure, both machines have advantages over one another in certain areas, but I doubt we'll see anything on either machine which is impossible for the other to ape.

Also, unless the PS3 install base suddenly roars ahead of the 360's, you're going to see games that are made to run on 360 and are also available on the PS3 to tap that market. Much like multiformat games had the PlayStation 2 as their lead platform last generation, at least for the time being the 360 is the foundation platform for development.

This time it's all about exclusives — it doesn't matter if the PS3 could run a prettier version of Halo 3, as it simply isn't going to happen. So, if you have to make a choice between the 360 and PS3, I think it's important to look to their respective exclusives and decide which suits your gaming preferences the best. Unfortunately for me I like both suites, so I'm stuck with forking out lots of money. Bugger.

Good point, The PS3 may be slightly more powerful, but then the 360 is so much better at scaling - Each console has it's own advantages and own set of killer titles like Aimless has stated. As much as i'm really enjoying my PS3 now, I'm still a 360 fan and there's still plenty of games I would like for it. I just wish people would provide a little better arguments for not getting a PS3 than, "OMG it's such a rip off, STFU Sony"

Fair crack what Hideo said there, but i know for a fact he said the 360 couldnt run it properly, cuase when i had my 360 i was gutted to hear him say that.

tbh, I'm quite disappointed by tekken 6. It doesn't look much different from5 in terms of animation. Especially after the trailer with Lili and Jin earlier back. Surely they could have done better. This game was one of the reasons for me to get a PS3 (along with FFXIII) but now, Im not too sure, especially with FFXIII's exclusivity under questioning.