NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

The thing thats weird, is that at £425 it's really expensive, but you're getting a lot, yet I spent probably more than that to get wireless internet, Live, and a HD DVD player...

Personally I don't think it's THAT expensive as everyone makes out.

Is that a 26" btw Jon? If so, same as me :kiss:

Yeah, but there's still part of me thats just not willing to pay that much no matter how much you get with it.

Sure is, Great minds think alike.

My set up is a mess at the moment! (Messy me!) :D

GameAreaMess.JPG

my god how many xbox games do you have?!?!?!

lmao there's not even that many xbox games worth playing is there? :S

Screw this, someone make a psot your setup thread in General.

:D

You know you want to Caris. Do it. Doooooo iiiiiiiit.

You sure? :P

erm, k, MGS, jade empire, KOTOR 1+2, fable, halo + 2, PGR + 2, forza, psychonauts, erm, grabbed by the ghoulies, gta double + SA, conker, timesplitters, burnout 3, erm, i'm stuck now lol

DSC00032.JPG

In the midst of decoration.

how come everyone seems to have that Samsung TV or at least looks the same as that one?

erm, k, MGS, jade empire, KOTOR 1+2, fable, halo + 2, PGR + 2, forza, psychonauts, erm, grabbed by the ghoulies, gta double + SA, conker, timesplitters, burnout 3, erm, i'm stuck now lol

how come everyone seems to have that Samsung TV or at least looks the same as that one?

Because it does everything people need, for a very reasonable price.

Hmm well the ones I've finished are :

Beyond Good & Evil Xbox

Brute Force

Burnout 2: Point of Impact - Developer's Cut

Burnout 3: Takedown

Burnout Revenge

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

Colin McRae Rally 04

Colin McRae Rally 3

Conker: Live & Reloaded

Crimson Sea

Dead or Alive 3

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball

Dead to Rights

Deathrow: Underground Team Combat

Fable

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly - Director's Cut

Genma Onimusha Xbox

Halo 2: Limited Collector's Edition

Halo: Combat Evolved

Jade Empire: Limited Edition

MechAssault

Medal of Honor: Frontline

Medal of Honor: Rising Sun

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition

Midnight Club II

Midtown Madness 3

Need for Speed Underground

Need for Speed Underground 2

Obscure

Otogi: Myth of Demons

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Project Gotham Racing

Project Gotham Racing

RalliSport Challenge

Sega GT 2002

Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams

Silent Hill 4: The Room

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

Stubbs the Zombie in "Rebel without a Pulse"

The Suffering

TOCA Race Driver 2

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4

Tony Hawk's Underground

True Crime: Streets of L.A.

XIII

The ones I haven't... Well there's just too many to say and I can't be bothered looking at them! :D

okay theres some good games there i forgot, but also some pretty mediocre/bad ones but respect on clocking up that many!

I have a real dilema on my hands I can get a ps3 off amazon for £400, but I'm not really playing my 360. This is so difficult

Why does thoust God tempt me so?

lmao @ anyone who bought PS3s to try and make an ebay profit lol

anywho - ZeldaFreak, if you were thinking about selling your 360 . . . Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Forza 2, PGR4, VF 5 hopefully with online leader boards and a load more i can't remember . . .

do you think its worth missing out on these games for resistance, motorstorm, killzone 2, and maybe some other exclusives?

just keep the 360, save a bit, get the PS3 and feel satisfied you get to play all the best games this gen.

PS3 has LittleBigPlanet, WarHawk, Tekken 6, Final Fantasy XIII (and Versus), MGS4, White Knight Story, Heavenly Sword and Heavy Rain.

And maybe even the next Kingdom Hearts.

The 360 has good exclusives, but so does the PS3 and both consoles share many good titles aswell; DMC4 and GTA4.

The two are very even, so when decisions boil down to tastes there isn't really much people can say to change other's minds, so even though you think 360 would be the better way to go Takeo, it really is up to what ZeldaFreak likes or whatever he's more familiar with.

I have this same problem at the moment too; do I get a 360 or save up for a bit longer and get a PS3?

PS3 has LittleBigPlanet, WarHawk, Tekken 6, Final Fantasy XIII (and Versus), MGS4, White Knight Story, Heavenly Sword and Heavy Rain.

The 360 has good exclusives, but so does the PS3 and both consoles share many good titles aswell; DMC4 and GTA4.

The two are very even, so when decisions boil down to tastes there isn't really much people can say to change other's minds, so even though you think 360 would be the better way to go Takeo, it really is up to what ZeldaFreak likes or whatever he's more familiar with.

I have this same problem at the moment too; do I get a 360 or save up for a bit longer and get a PS3?

I'm actually split right down the middle, but i'm leaning towards the 360 because they both have similar games, but 360 will be getting Halo 3.

Also, you can't really appreciate the ps3's quality unless you have like a 50inch HDTV, something i don't have.

i wasn't dismissing either console. i have some level of notoriety now for being anti sony it seems :S

anywho, logically, i really don't see the point of if someone owns a console, which has some absolutely GARGANTUAN games coming it out for it starting in about a months time, it would be foolish to get rid of it for the sake of 'launch fever' and will probably end in the repurchasing of the console.

in your case, oh dear sir, yes you need to make up your mind about what features you want, which company you trust more and which exclusive games you prefer.

right now the 360 has more exclusives on their way prob due to launching just under a year earlier. and if i was in the position of not owning a 360, i probably would buy a 360 at this pointm but it would be a hard decision.

Also, has anyone heard a damn thing about heavy rain since e3 last year and white knight story since TGS?

Also, you can't really appreciate the ps3's quality unless you have like a 50inch HDTV, something i don't have.

I'm going to argue with that a teeny bit; the graphics will be improved with the 360 or ps3 BUT i don't think there won't be any noticeable difference between 360 and ps3 graphics on a SD or smaller HD TV. Either way you will see a marked improvement in graphics.

The PS3 is definately the way to go. Why would you get a X360 with all there reliability problems? So far there have been no reports that I've seen to indicate PS3 is unreliable.

And if you add in blueray DVD then the PS3 is better value than X360.