NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Look it did match kind of closely if youtake away from the fact you'd never play a game like you did in that renderered version.

Viewpoints aside, the finished game doesn't come anywhere near close to the E3 video.

The problem was it was just bogged down with graphical glitches because the hardware just couldn't cope with it. The PS3 should easily be able to allow them to pull it off now.

It all depends on how ambitious they are, if they sacrifice performance to get the graphics to the standard of the E3 video then it'll be the same story again.

Anyone got a headset for there PS3 yet?

If not anyone getting one? Well worth it.

Actually went into GAME today and although the stores had stock in. They didn't have alot of stock left. Which means Sony got the numbers of PS3's shipped to this country about damn right.

And Rokhed of course the game came close to the renders. Most 360 teaser game trailers always look better than the finished game. Oh but I guess your forgetting about that of course because this is Sony we are talking about,

:indeed:

Got to agree with that, FMV's are shown before gameplay most of the time.

I'm hoping to get one tomorrow from the Tesco near me. PS3 + Staff discount = £380. Winner!

Anyone got a headset for there PS3 yet?

If not anyone getting one? Well worth it.

cant get it going though the ps3 and headset are "talking" to each other, I think its because my NAT is on strict so Ill get onto my isp tommorow

btw anyone know a good place to download videos off the net for the ps3 to play? (legal or otherwise! ;))

Thanks guys!!

So how good is the PS3 then? Many good titles due out?

Im somewhat tempted, more down to situation than anything else. Work have some good deals in, I get paid on Friday, Staff Discount goes up to 15% soon as a little easter present.

Resistance

MotorStorm

Ridge Racer

Virtua Fighter

Virtua Tennis

Those are the games i have, theres Tony Hawks, COD3 and all the decent Xmas 3rd party titles to.

I say theres enough games for now :smile:

Look it did match kind of closely if youtake away from the fact you'd never play a game like you did in that renderered version.

This post makes no sense.

Resistance

MotorStorm

Ridge Racer

Virtua Fighter

Virtua Tennis

Those are the games i have, theres Tony Hawks, COD3 and all the decent Xmas 3rd party titles to.

But Virtua Tennis is online on the 360 and it isn't on PS3 is it? So I'd recommend getting on 360. But Virtua Fighter will be better on PS3 due to the pad being more suited.

None of his posts make any sense.

Yes it does watch the E3 2005 pre rendered trailer, what I'm saying is you wouldn't be able to play a game like it showed in that trailer and that FMV sequences always come before games.

SSBM anyone?? That game never matched the graphics in that trailer but thats ok it wasn't sony.

P.S. Hellfire, Rokhed and Caris understood the post

Resistance

MotorStorm

Ridge Racer

Virtua Fighter

Virtua Tennis

hmm, looking on Gamestation's website i do fancy the sound of all these:

Resistance

Motorstorm

Genji

Mobile Suit Gundam

Virtua Fighter

Untold Legends

Dilema time, i havent caught up on 360 releases yet lol

SSBM anyone?? That game never matched the graphics in that trailer but thats ok it wasn't sony.
What SSBM trailer was better than the game turned out? All the trailers used in-game footage and the Intro FMV!

hmm, looking on Gamestation's website i do fancy the sound of all these:

Resistance

Motorstorm

Genji

Mobile Suit Gundam

Virtua Fighter

Untold Legends

Dilema time, i havent caught up on 360 releases yet lol

DO NOT get Mobile Suit Gundam. It's been getting utterly wank reviews, and it was on On the Spot a few months ago and it looked utterly terrible.

DO NOT get Mobile Suit Gundam. It's been getting utterly wank reviews, and it was on On the Spot a few months ago and it looked utterly terrible.

I think it got like 3.8 on Gamespot. Its that bad.

What SSBM trailer was better than the game turned out? All the trailers used in-game footage and the Intro FMV!

I was talking about the FMV

My new setup! :grin:

My PS3 cost me £382 with my discount. Not got any games yet though so I'll have to live off the demos on the store til I get paid next week.

photo113jv3.jpg

Apologies for quality, it was taken using my MacBook's camera. :heh:

Only good Gundam game on the PS3 at the moment is Gundam Musou. That game looks mighty fun. Full co-op too. :D

PS3 still hadn't sold out here in Sheffield, Virgin still has some apparently.

On friday they had a big poster an with a post it note on it, and it went down everytime they saw one, when I was going into uni saw somebody taking it off from 71 to 70, when I passed 3 hours later it gone to just 64, I reckon Wii's would have sold out in that time!

Ok so the Wii is cheap, more of an impulse buy blah blah blah...

Now don't get me wrong..I havn't just come into here to bash PS3.

I have to say having never owned a Sony console, I didn't expect to get caught up in the hype, much like I havn't for the 360. But now with PS3 I am totally up for getting one, GDC started my curiosity with Home and Little Big Planet and now I feel caught up in the launch hype.

If I wasn't a student and could afford it I would have picked up a PS3 with Resistance and Motorstorm and not as I previously would have said feel like I've wasted my money. Ok so it's £425, but for that you are getting wireless out of the box, free online gameplay.

I still feel the six axis isn't a great controller, the dual shock was never designed with motion sensing in mind, I still get the feeling they have bundled everything into an existing controller, if they had kept the original boomerang PS3 controller and put motion sensing wouldn't have even felt that way because atleast it would have been a new console.

The thing thats weird, is that at £425 it's really expensive, but you're getting a lot, yet I spent probably more than that to get wireless internet, Live, and a HD DVD player...

Anyway, anyone wanna show some more PS3 set ups? We had some for Wii and 360, might as well for PS3 as well.