NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Oh good lord.

Possibly the most annoying guy ever.

Surely thats a joke? Surely? If not I hope he gets ran over, and then has PS3s rain down on him.

Oh good lord.

What a complete ar5e! lol!

Can anyone with a PS3 who's recently changed their gamertag due to the UK servers getting switched on post their new ones?

And feel free to add me - HazyUK

Thanks for adding me Owen, I was going to add you earlier but did not know what your new tag was.

Oh good lord.

I will actually kill him for crimes of stupidity.

"The Wii should copy how good games off the the PS3. On the Wii you got Wii sports and Legend of Zelda. Who wants to play them.?"

And he's ugly as fuck.

And he says "nigga" every 5 seconds to try and make himself sound cool...

He's probably been paid by Sony to make it. Anyone remember the "I heard the graphics on it was crazieeee!" guy?

"Xbox 360? Xbox circle!" Who do they think they are, some kinda smart shits"

Smarter than you by half mate, definitely smarter than you...

"That's one thing the Xbox don't got, Xbox don't got g-hames!"

It's got considerably more than the PS3, anyway...

And he likes 50 Cent over whoever sang the song in the GoW trailer.

He likes a guy with less sense than him over a musician.

Nice.

And he calls it the "PS Triple". So he can't read, and he's an absolute moron. Poor, poor guy...

Anyone know a mirror/copy of the PS3 list because it seems the site is having a lot of traffic.

Its probably because sony says you have to make your games like this and games developers fuck off and do their own thing, thats why xboxs bc list was so shit as well

No MGS series on that backward compatibility list :sad:

yes there is

SLES-82032 METAL GEAR SOLID 3 - SNAKE EATER no faults noticed

SLES-11734 Metal Gear Solid - no faults either.

Its one game and subsistence works fine as well on the machine

Well I played the PS3 at EB and it's at least 1,000,000,000,000.11% better than the Wii.

Now to wait till I get a 1080p LCD screen.

No MGS series on that backward compatibility list :sad:

You are bum f*****g me right?

I was waiting for MGS4, to buy a PS3, the fact my PS2 is dying on me, and I still have PS2 games I want to complete, MGS3 and FFXII being just two of those titles. I think I may just have to get an American one.

MGS 3 is on the list but dependant on which version you have it will either be fine or have some bugs

Well I played the PS3 at EB and it's at least 1,000,000,000,000.11% better than the Wii.

:blank:

I was waiting for MGS4, to buy a PS3, the fact my PS2 is dying on me, and I still have PS2 games I want to complete, MGS3 and FFXII being just two of those titles. I think I may just have to get an American one.

MGS3: Subsistence apparently doesn't have any problems, and the SLES-82032 release of MGS3 should also work fine. As for FFXII, I'd imagine that would be an early focus given its recent release, especially as it only has "some minor issues".

I still need to give Subsistence a try, come to think of it. Is it a great improvement over the original?

Sony Won't Focus on Updating 'Old' PS2 Games

'Our focus is on innovative new applications and services for PS3.'

When Sony revealed they were shifting to software emulation for backward compatibility, gamers were wary how many games they'd truly have up and running in time for the European launch, based on past experience with Microsoft and Xbox 360. When they launched their database website this morning declaring which games were and weren't compatible and many favorites were, most were relieved.

But, as 1UP pointed out, a number of high-profile games aren't compatible. Metal Gear Solid 3, for example, will run on software emulation, but Metal Gear Solid 2 won't. Will that change? Probably not, says Sony. "We are pleased with the number we have been able to make playable for the European launch, but as we have made clear before, our focus going forward will be on innovative new applications and services for PS3 rather than on backwards compatibility," said Nick Sharples, director of corporate communications at SCEE.

"We will test all forthcoming PS2 titles, but it would be unrealistic to expect significant increases [our emphasis] in the number of playable PS2 titles in future firmware upgrades given the above. Whilst J&D and MGS are not listed as playable, their successors MGS3 and Jak and Daxter 2 are playable," Sharples continued.

Sharples wouldn't provide a firm answer on whether games like MGS2 would be emulated in the future, but his answer doesn't provide much promise. Instead, he suggests looking at the sequels as replacements of sorts. "We will certainly be testing our own future PS2 releases and will offer the facility to our publishing partners," he said, but once again reiterated the focus going forward was on PS3, not the past.

As with Xbox 360 backward compatibility, however, gamers may be able to make a difference -- we saw this with Psychonauts (though, sadly, not with Panzer Dragoon Orta -- tear). If you want MGS2 or other currently incompatible games to start functioning on a shiny new PS3, start shouting.

1UP

I was just about to post that. And I was just starting to warm slightly towards Sony as a games company. Shame.

Heh seems arrogant, ignorant and disrespectful

HAS to be Sony!!!

Unfortunately Im Sony's bitch Ill always come running back to them no matter what they do, me getting a PS3 on launch is proof of that fact.

Something my friend made me aware of but Im not quite sure I believe is that Sony will be dropping the price of a premium console in the USA at least to $500 much earlier than they originally intended by summer or even before hand.

I dont have a source but apparently it was on NEOGAF and thats pretty relable apparently??

I purchased 'Blast-Factor'. Really good game, actually.

I was surprised how easy it was to add funds to my wallet. I thought i was going to have problems, but it worked first time.

I may purchase Lemmings, but i'm waiting for 'Flow' and Super Rub 'A' Dub which comes out very very soon, both in the next couple of weeks, i believe.

The stores look is pretty much identical to the USA one, but i like it. Its simple to navigate round and looks pretty cool.

I hate myself for wanting a PS3 . . . *beats self in the corner* . . . . . . *cries*

Why do we have this thing about buying new shiny things that are of practically no use to us, well me. I don't have a fuck tonne huge HD TV, i do have a lil 720p portable LCD thing which is perfect for my 360. Yesterday i had a compulsion to buy apple TV before realising i wouldn't be able to because a) no films or tv shows are on iTunes for us and b) my TV doesnt have HDMI or component. I give up!! *dies*

Instead, he suggests looking at the sequels as replacements of sorts.

Doesn't this make backwards compatibility pointless? Surely we've already got PS3 as a replacement for PS2? Anyway, screw Sony.

I purchased 'Blast-Factor'. Really good game, actually.

I was surprised how easy it was to add funds to my wallet. I thought i was going to have problems, but it worked first time.

I may purchase Lemmings, but i'm waiting for 'Flow' and Super Rub 'A' Dub which comes out very very soon, both in the next couple of weeks, i believe.

The stores look is pretty much identical to the USA one, but i like it. Its simple to navigate round and looks pretty cool.

Duck got a very bad review

Doesnt seem like a good buy Link

Duck got a very bad review

Doesnt seem like a good buy Link

Is that the "You flick the controller up..and, wow..the duck jumps" game?