NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

All you need to buy is a replacement power cord - the type with the figure-8 end to it that fits most general appliances like electric kettles, hi-fis etc. You can get them cheaply at GAME; I got mine from there and I think it was around 6.99. You could probably find them cheaper someplace else, but I really couldnt be bothered to look just to save a couple of quid. You literally just need to use that in place of the power cord that comes with it, as the power converter is external on the lead like the PStwo. Thats what I have done with my Canadian PSP :)

I was just looking into Generation of Chaos and watched the trailer for it and it looks pretty sweet. Will anyone else be getting this?

I've got it on preorder from VGP. I've spoken about the game before in this thread somewhere. The game reminds me of Dragon Force for the Sega Saturn in someways.

It's published by Nippon Ichi so that's enough to make me want it, I believe in the stuff they publish.

I'm trying my hardest to win a psp, i've decided i like them now, tstill not as much as ds, but like them. Dont have that sort of money and I dont wanna spend that much when i do hav the money so fingers cross.

"2 competitions entered so far

You've got a rival (me).

I've been trying to win a PSP & 360 for a while now, just google "free uk competitions" or similar.

About 8 compos for PSP's/360's now.

Got a psp in september :) haha... and just sold wipout (just want going anywhere!) and lord of the rings ( a bit boring) for DOA4 (360), still got gta though :yay:

does anyone know if all (any) the premership teams are in fifa 06? is it any good? what about championship manager? :confused:

cheers

I've played both Fifa and Pro Evo 5 and Pro Evo is far and away the better game. Shocking loading times though...

I've played both Fifa and Pro Evo 5 and Pro Evo is far and away the better game. Shocking loading times though...

totally agree pro evo is a good game, but the loading times are really slow. its quite annoying aswell, its loaded up then it asks what language, 2 mins later it loads up the screen with Terry and Henry which says press start, then anoter couple of minutes its gone to the title screen. just a tad too long.

i also wanted a psp a while ago so i entered quite a lot of competitions. also i wanted money so i entered loads of ds competitions so i could then sell them off and get money, not won a single one.

Just got GTA Liberty City Stories. AWESOME :D Although, looks like my analog ctick is f***ed up, it's to hard to move it :(

^^Totally agree; had GTA since the 2.01+ eboot loader came out about a fortnight ago, and I love the game. On staunton island at the mo.

Will be buying tales of eternia and breath of fire III today!!

Just got GTA Liberty City Stories. AWESOME :D Although, looks like my analog ctick is f***ed up, it's to hard to move it :(

Nope. That's just how it is.

@The3rdChildren

lol not really, i played my friend's, his is waaaaay easier to move. Also, compered to my friend's, the O, [], X and /\ feel diferent when you press them and so do L and R. My PSP is completely f***ed up. And the best thing is, i overpaid it. Do you think i can ask for a replacemant? (and maybe the new one they give me will be 1.52 or 2.00!!!!!)

I got myself a white Japanese PSP with Monster Hunter Portable on Friday. Stupid PSP has a dead/stuck pixel....

i got a white psp, metal gear acid and tenchu shinobi taizen for my birhtday on wednesday the 15th (my dad let me order it) its here, but im not allowed it untill wednesday!! how sucky is that??

Wow the more i play LCS, the more i'm loving it :) I'm playing it slowly, though (because of lack of time... damn school :() only finished 5% of the game. My friend bought LCS also, so we'll be trying multiplayer in a few days and i'll tell you about the impressions here.

On another note, i got Logitech Visor for my PSP, my screen will never get scratched again! All PSP owner's should get this, as it isn't very expensive.

Also, i tried my friends analog stick yesterday, wow it isn't that easier to move :) i overreacted, while it does take some getting used to, i can play on the analog stick just fine now.

Next games on my list (i'm not getting them soon though, gotta finish GTA LCS and some other ps2 games first!): Ridge Racer and Lumines.

Who here's also excited about Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai? I'm probably getting it because i loved Budokai 1-3 on ps2 (gonna get Tenkaichi in a few days).

I got myself a white Japanese PSP with Monster Hunter Portable on Friday. Stupid PSP has a dead/stuck pixel....

Is that a good game Hero-Of-Time because i've been keeping my eye on it and it looks pretty interesting.

Is it a normal RPG though? because i'm not too keen on them.

My Jpnese PSP has loads :-p

Still, you can only see em on black screens, and I prefer light games anyway. Tales of Eternia is beautiful. The towns are just gorgeous.

i only have one dead pixel but im not bothered as its a colour i like, gree and you can only see it on all colours apart from white. its brighter than the grass on pro evo.

Yeah my old JAP psp which i haven't got anymore because i sold it (i bought a UK one using the money) had 3 dead pixels (white) and a small circle of dead pixles on it too! That looked pretty horrible actually....

I hope my Nintendo DS Lite doesn't have any on. Horrible little things which can really bug ya sometimes. :grin:

i got a white psp, metal gear acid and tenchu shinobi taizen for my birhtday on wednesday the 15th (my dad let me order it) its here, but im not allowed it untill wednesday!! how sucky is that??

Let me know how you get on with Tenchu; Im still eyeing that up. Hero-of-Time, let me know how you get on with MHP as well as I have that on order. The multiplayer quests sound cool.

I think I have about 3 dead pixels on my PSP, although I lose track of two of them all the time. Come to think of it, they may just be specks trapped under the protector. The other Im certain is dead or stuck or something, but I can only see it on the PSP logo screen usually.

Tales of Eternia is beautiful. The towns are just gorgeous.

Indubitably :D They are spanking. There have been a few probs with the graphics in certain dungeons I have noticed though, but the towns are definitely superb. Better looking than I remember the original being.

^Oh how i wished i was more interested in the 'Tales' series, they sound so good, i tried with Tales of Symphonia for GC but just couldn't get into it.

I am right in saying the GC game is part of the series?

Is that a good game Hero-Of-Time because i've been keeping my eye on it and it looks pretty interesting.

Is it a normal RPG though? because i'm not too keen on them.

Its hard to explain what kind of game it is. I imported it because im a HUGE fan of the ps2 version and I couldnt wait for this.

Basically you are a hunter and you get quests from the guild. These involve stealing dragon eggs, killing small creatures and taking on Dragons. After you kill a Dragon, or Wyvern as they are known in the game, you get to carve bits off the corpse with your knife and this is where the fun begins. With all the items you carve and pick up on quests you can go and get new armour and weapons made which include Great Swords, Lances, Hammers and Bowguns. If you want to check the game out I suggest you get the PS2 version ( 17.99 play.com )as it has online play and its a great game then if you like that pick up the PSP version.