NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Daxter PSP has been confirmed for a march release in the USA! Hopefully all games will still be region-free then and i'll get that! I loved the first Jak and Daxter, so lets hope it's more like that!

I'm kinda enjoying Prince Of Persia: Revelations at the mo, however horrible the sound may be and however glitchy the graphics are, it's still some achievement to get a full 3D adventure like that on the PSP!

I'm actually a little worried about the future software line-up, to be fair on the PSP i haven't really looked into this years releases that much, but my god i'm hoping E3 2006 brings some interesting games, the times between releases isn't very good either. I'm not into RPG's, sadly.

:smile:

Daxter PSP has been confirmed for a march release in the USA! Hopefully all games will still be region-free then and i'll get that! I loved the first Jak and Daxter, so lets hope it's more like that!

I'm kinda enjoying Prince Of Persia: Revelations at the mo, however horrible the sound may be and however glitchy the graphics are, it's still some achievement to get a full 3D adventure like that on the PSP!

Prince of Persia 2 (Revelations, on PSP) is known to run even on Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900, while most PC games in 2004 didn't run to the amount of 30 frames per second on it, that game runs flawessly with better than average graphics, the game has incredible graphics for what it needs to run, very clever utilization of the available polygons and resources.

So what does Revelation offer as "extras" compared to Prince of Persia 2 on home consoles?

the sound problem is strange though, didn't they assign it to be processed by the sound processor?

Grand Theft Auto Falls Short for Take-Two

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories was supposed to be the knockout title for the PSP, the one that everyone was supposed to go crazy for. It has been without doubt the most successful PSP game to date, but has it been successful enough for Take-Two Interactive, who published Rockstar's acclaimed series for the PSP? According to industry analyst Michael Pachter in a report by GameSpot, it hasn't and it may be tough to bounce back from.

Source:

http://www.gametab.com/news/454586/

Crap! I accidentaly posted my original post in the wrong topic! I really should read the topic title next time...

Being as I'm here I might as well ask - does anyone know of any cheap PSP's going on sale? Also, what's the compatability like with 360's? I might get one in the future...

Grand Theft Auto Falls Short for Take-Two

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories was supposed to be the knockout title for the PSP, the one that everyone was supposed to go crazy for. It has been without doubt the most successful PSP game to date, but has it been successful enough for Take-Two Interactive, who published Rockstar's acclaimed series for the PSP? According to industry analyst Michael Pachter in a report by GameSpot, it hasn't and it may be tough to bounce back from.

Source:

http://www.gametab.com/news/454586/

Where is your own quote from? I didnt get that impression at all from the article. In fact, it says in there - "Pachter offered some consolation to Take-Two, adding that whatever downturn the company is experiencing, it is being similarly felt by other publishers. "Given weak November NPD sales and Electronic Arts' and Activision's recent earnings warnings, we believe that Take-Two [also] experienced weak sales during the holiday period." " Im not convinced this has anything to do with LCS, which isnt even mentioned in there :/

Where is your own quote from? I didnt get that impression at all from the article. In fact, it says in there - "Pachter offered some consolation to Take-Two, adding that whatever downturn the company is experiencing, it is being similarly felt by other publishers. "Given weak November NPD sales and Electronic Arts' and Activision's recent earnings warnings, we believe that Take-Two [also] experienced weak sales during the holiday period." " Im not convinced this has anything to do with LCS, which isnt even mentioned in there :/
yeah, the title and the article concerning it in the page is LCS, I can't figure out what they're saying, it doesn't really have anything to do with GTA for PSP.

I'm positive i read on IGN that they stated GTA:LCS sales are way lower then expected...at least i think it was IGN.

Where-ever it was i read it, it certainly said GTA: LCS for the PSP and no other game! So DiemetriX is correct, but is the actual article?

:)

ive seen a psp in cash generator, i think i mentioned above, but it was a 1 gig pack i think with ridge racer, it was a £50 odd downpayment with £18 a month or something, should i get this?

just got my psp throught the post.

A value pack with spiderman 2 on UMD; £130. Not bad tbh. Not to buy some games!!

Not bad, but I couldn't live without a gig memory stick.....really couldn't.

Just to let anyone looking at the PSP theread know my PSP (with no dead pixels!) and various games and memory sticks are on sale in the trade board at the mo if anyone was intrested.

Sell Ittttttttt, I did.

i would, but what will i do when final fantasy seven part twenty three comes out for it. i will just want another! and i wont get much, its american imported ::shrug:

I couldn't sell mine, I'd miss Lumines way too much. Plus I'm enjoying Kingdom of Paradise.

*Waits till March for his next PSP game, Generation Of Chaos*

I couldn't sell mine, I'd miss Lumines way too much. Plus I'm enjoying Kingdom of Paradise.

*Waits till March for his next PSP game, Generation Of Chaos*

Tell me what its like, damn you! And play Popolocrois!

well; I finall bought one. Got Lumines(total class), Pursuit Force(i like this game, bit too repetitive though), Darkstalkers....(m'eh) and World Tour Soccer(can you say refund?).

Anyway, I'm glad I got one!! Now to wait for Tales of Eternia, Breath of Fire III and 2.5 to be hacked properly.

I'm playing Wipeout Pure, my first Wipeout game. It's really awesome and FAST, i reccomend you all buy/download it! I have 105 gold medals so far and i find Rapier class to be VERY difficoult to control, i can't emagine Phantom ^_^

Can't wait for 2.01 to be hacked/downgradeable, my 1GB SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo isn't used for anything :(

Next game i'm probably getting: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Strories. Either that or Pro Evolution Soccer 5 or Ridge Racer or Star Wars BattleFront 2.

I'm playing Wipeout Pure, my first Wipeout game. It's really awesome and FAST, i reccomend you all buy it! I have 105 gold medals so far and i find Rapier class to be VERY difficoult to control, i can't emagine Phantom ^_^

Can't wait for 2.01 to be hacked/downgradeable, my 1GB SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo isn't used for anything

Next game i'm probably getting: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Strories. Either that or Pro Evolution Soccer 5 or Ridge Racer or Star Wars BattleFront 2.

*cough* Download it? *cough*

I know you're quite new on these forums but piracy talk is not allowed, specially saying you won't buy any of the games... It's not a incentive to the other PSP owners to buy games, when others are claiming to get them for free...

anyway... there's other forums to talk about that...

Said that... welcome to our forums

oops, sorry i didn't know that, thanks for the welcome i edited my post; can you remove the quote please?Thanks.

if anyone wants to make a video compatible with the psp, if its not been mentioned then surely use this

This one

I had FF:advent Children as an avi file. i used this and it recorded the movie into a mpeg4 file. then there was an option in the program that you can just connect up the psp and click the one you want then click transfer acoss and it does it easy, now half of my memory stick is gone because of that great film

that one is highly recommended by me :bowdown::bouncy:

ok so my psp has version 2.5 software. and im wondering how do i download the version 2.6 to my psp? do i need to do this? i dont have wifi at home so is tehre another way?

You upgrade by downloading 2.6 version of firmware, than transfer it to your PSP via USB Cable. And than you start the upgrade process on the PSP (don't remember where, look for it a bit :P)

Ok, quick question:

PSP from Spain, £100. Where can I buy a UK adapter which will allow me to recharge the PSP?