NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Thought I should re-make this thread on this (beautiful) new message boards.

Can you believe GTA is out next month? Its crazy!! Cant wait. I've been having alot of problems with my umd slot, it doesnt really 'pop' anymore :aww: anyone else having the same problem?

I am un sure on what region and when to get one! I am off the USA in march next year so was thinking about hanging on till then. Also I was thinking about getting a Jap PSP as then I can still play movies on there and more of chance of getting one with a low firmware! on ebay jap psp's are still selling for £180

Ive still only got Ape Escape and Wipeout Pure for my psp, really should get some new games as ive had the psp since round the time of the US launch.

Got burnout legends today traded spiderman 2 got 20 quid from gamestation.

Overall pretty good a few graphic glitches but fun.

I also have toca which is very good

ridge racer which is excellent

lumines which is fun but not as good as tetris

darkstalkers which has good graphics but poor controls

Hopefully soon I shall be joining the ranks of PSP Owners. Apparently its been dispatched...now we play the waiting game *twiddles thumbs*

hey! While every one is sitting their thumbs going to get a PSP going du du du du du du du, duh duh duh duh duh, why don't you go run out and get one! ON topic- yeah, my PSP UMD slot doesn't "pop" anymore either

Really want GTA and Burnout...

Only got a US WipEout so far.

Anyone else connected their's to the internet yet?

I would have got my PSP today if DHL didn't stand for Dick Heads Limited.

You know what sucks? It went from Hong Kong to the UK in around 36 hours. Its been sat in the East Midlands/Manchester since Saturday. Grragh!

I'm going to the USA in late October and am planning on getting a PSP while there. Would anyone advise against it? If so, why?

Because sony sucks muhhahah. Turns off fanboy mode switches on PSP.

The only reason not to get one in the US is because of UMD movies. However make sure you don't get one on the last day as if your screen is horribly riddled with dead pixels you will have no time to complain/seek a replacement.

Mine is from the US and I have had no problems at all.

The only reason not to get one in the US is because of UMD movies. However make sure you don't get one on the last day as if your screen is horribly riddled with dead pixels you will have no time to complain/seek a replacement.

Mine is from the US and I have had no problems at all.

The UMD movies is one of my reasons for picking a US one, in that I can get films/TV shows before they come out here or just cheaper than they are here.

Good call on the pixels, if I do get one I'll get one early on in the trip, and give it a good testing.

On the subject of charging it up, how do you go about that if you get a US version?

I'm going to the USA in late October and am planning on getting a PSP while there. Would anyone advise against it? If so, why?

Other than the region-encoding on UMD movies, there is no reason why you shouldn't buy one in the US.

You may even luck out and be able to find an original 1.50 PSP, or you can ask about such a thing in the store. I know that you know why version 1.50 is awesome.

Anyway, this link shows you how to find out what version you're buying before you actually purchase it.

Edit: You can charge US PSPs up over here using any standard PS2 power adapter.

• Like 1

Other than the region-encoding on UMD movies, there is no reason why you shouldn't buy one in the US.

You may even luck out and be able to find an original 1.50 PSP, or you can ask about such a thing in the store. I know that you know why version 1.50 is awesome.

Anyway, this link shows you how to find out what version you're buying before you actually purchase it.

Edit: You can charge US PSPs up over here using any standard PS2 power adapter.

Nice, thanks for all the info Mike.

i have a US PSP but i want to be able to play UK UMD's on it (mainly a bear's tail) but what i was thinking of doing is buying a PSP from morrisons, and swapping my US one for the UK one and then returning the US one for some stupid reason, has to work as morrisons is populated with 40 year old women who are probably participating in community service for minor drug offences and hence will have no idea about anything technical.

Got my Japanese one this morning, hell yes its awesome. Lumines rocks, hopefully it will rock even more when I get good at it!

anybody else get there Spiderman 2 UMD movie

spiderman21.JPG ebay selling :D

QUOTE=Bowser57]I'm going to the USA in late October and am planning on getting a PSP while there. Would anyone advise against it? If so, why?

wha, shopping in america is one of the perks of going there, i went last year and i get 10% at walmart and i ended up cleaning them dry of gba games

There are NO games that interest me announced for the PSP other than Rockman: Rockman.

And I still don't get the point of UMDs!!