NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Yeah I was very impressed by the beta video.

I love it how you can go play bowling, pool or chess and the amount of customization in the "game" is huge.

Told ya, Disgaea just bloody rocks.

Final Fantasy Tactics is £14.99 right now on gamestation.co.uk !!! *orders*

Told ya, Disgaea just bloody rocks.

Final Fantasy Tactics is £14.99 right now on gamestation.co.uk !!! *orders*

£12.99 on play.com

£12.99 on play.com

Thanks for the tip.

I hate European FF covers but the price is just too good. Can't wait to play it :)

Just FINALLY purchased 'Crush' of Ebay, meant to be great when i read about a few months back!

Just seen that the US store has got Wild Arms!! Wild FREAKING Arms! I love that RPG ( was my first RPG on PSONE ) hopefully the Euro shop will get this at some point aswell!

SINGSTAR is out today! Sadly the Singstore songs are a little dissapointing for the minute and supposadely not in HD, but you do have 41 songs on the actual disc i believe which aren't too bad...

On the Singstore now:

Alison Moyet: All Cried Out [sD] 99p

Augie March: One Crowded Hour [sD] 99p

Bloc Party: Banquet [sD] 99p

Blur: Parklife [sD] 99p

Bonnie Tyler: Total Eclipse of the Heart [sD] 99p

Cartel: Honestly [sD] 99p

Culture Club: Do You Really Want to Hurt Me? [sD] 99p

Cyndi Lauper: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun [sD] 99p

Dandy Warhols: Bohemian Like you [sD] 99p

Delta Goodrum: Born to Try [sD] 99p

Depeche Mode: Enjoy the Silence [sD] 99p

Depeche Mode: Shake the Disease [sD] 99p

Duran Duran: Rio [sD] 99p

Duran Duran: Hungry Like the Wolf [sD] 99p

Erasure: A Little Respect [sD] 99p

Europe: The Final Countdown [sD] 99p

The Fray: Over My Head [sD] 99p

James Dean Bradfield: That's No Way to Tell a Lie [sD] 99p

Jamiroquai: Deeper Underground [sD] 99p

Jamiroquai: Cosmic Girl [sD] 99p

Kasabian: Club Foot [sD] 99p

KT Tunstall: Black Horse And The Cherry Tree [sD] 99p

Len: Steal My Sunshine [sD] 99p

Lightning Seeds: Three Lions [sD] 99p

Manic Street Preachers: Design for Life [sD] 99p

Manic Street Preachers: Everything Must Go [sD] 99p

Maria Mena: You're the Only One [sD] 99p

Marillion: Kayleigh [sD] 99p

Men at Work: Down Under [sD] 99p

Mercury Rev: Goddess on a Highway [sD] 99p

Nena: 99 Red Balloons [sD] 99p

Pet Shop Boys: Always on my Mind [sD] 99p

Pink: Just like a Pill [sD] 99p

Sade: Smooth Operator [sD] 99p

Spin Doctors: Two Princes [sD] 99p

Silverchair: Tomorrow [sD] 99p

Travis: Sing [sD] 99p

Weather Girls: It's Raining Men [sD] 99p

Wizzard: I Wish It Could be Christmas Everyday [sD] 99p

Zutons: Oh Stacey [sD] 99p

Zutons: Why Don't You Give Me Your Love [sD] 99p

Next update is 17th December! I was hoping for more modern American tracks like Blue October and All American Rejects! The 17th December one is meant to have 300 songs but i think thats not going to happen!

Uncharted is brilliant :o Bloody loving it so far, the game is gorgeous, the main character is amusing and extremely likeable. Naughty Dog sure have a new franchise here that has to get a sequel!

Uncharted is brilliant :o Bloody loving it so far, the game is gorgeous, the main character is amusing and extremely likeable. Naughty Dog sure have a new franchise here that has to get a sequel!

Looking forward to this one christmas day! :yay:

I might go out and get a 40gb PS3 today, i played Uncharted at my mates yesterday and it was actually amazing. Least if i bought another PS3 i wouldnt actually of lost any money due to the massive price cut.

I might go out and get a 40gb PS3 today, i played Uncharted at my mates yesterday and it was actually amazing. Least if i bought another PS3 i wouldnt actually of lost any money due to the massive price cut.

Yeah im toying with the same idea. Gamestation have a PS3 with 2 Blu-Ray movies and any 3 games for £400, that may be the way to go for me if I decided to go through with it.

Uncharted is my GOTY. No question's asked.

SRSLY? Theres so many good games this year, whats so good about it?

Wow bold statement! Heh. The character Nate is certainly one of the best characters of the year. He's just so amusing and likeable. Something about him just makes you love him.

Wow bold statement! Heh. The character Nate is certainly one of the best characters of the year. He's just so amusing and likeable. Something about him just makes you love him.

I agree, i played the demo and he seems like a real bloke who has just been thrown in at the deep end! His slightly a little too movie-starish, but hey! He's like a hero!

Singstar is officially THE best PS3 game i've played to date, watching others sing is hilarious! Espicially these four blokes (who i presumed where gay, sorry if i'm wrong) who danced about as though they were in a boyband! Excellent! Extremely camp but it's 07 and it worked, i gave em four or five out of five i think!

: peace:

From Kotaku

Konami may be looking to bring the Climax-developed prequel Silent Hill Origins to a wider audience next year with a PlayStation 2 port of the game. Released for the PSP worldwide this quarter, it now appears that Konami will have a PS2 version of the game ready for March of 2008. A fact sheet for the port was passed on to us this morning, courtesy of one of our tipsters, indicating that Climax would be responsible for the second release of the handheld horror title.

The official Climax site does mention that the group is working on a second unannounced project for Konami, but reps for the publisher have not yet responded to our request for confirmation that Silent Hill Origins for the PlayStation 2 is the unnamed title. If true, I certainly hope that Climax is giving the game a bit of a visual upgrade for those who passed on the on-the-go frightfest.

Yet another PSP game goes to the PS2.

From GT

So, Naughty Dog's Evan Wells has been answering questions over at ThreeSpeech. We're jealous, since you all should know how much we love Uncharted. Some of these questions are good, some are left for the more techno-savvy or tech-fetish folk. Check out the full Q&A session for the complete story.

- Wells indirectly says "no" to both multiplayer and DLC -- with all the medals and unlockables, no downloadable content is planned right now. No multiplayer either, since the team wanted to create the best single-player experience possible.

- Uncharted is using approximately 33% of the PS3's available power. We're about 76% sure that he's making up about 28% of that statistic, but we wouldn't be surprised if much better stuff gets squeezed from the PS3 in the future.

- The medals will likely turn into Home trophies when the time comes

http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=767

I cant wait for the Trophy feature to arrive. Wonder if games like Resistance will give you trophies depending on how many Skill Points you got in the game.

Uncharted is using approximately 33% of the PS3's available power

Oh dear lord. That has to be utter bull shit.

The fact is, the cells are great at number crunching good for AI. Graphically the nVidia GPU in the PS3 isn't much more powerful than a 7800GTX.

Oh dear lord. That has to be utter bull shit.

It depends how you look at it as 'power' is something of a vacuous term. Graphically — as in texture and polygon wise — later PS3 games probably won't look that much better than Uncharted, but future titles might pack in a lot more advanced AI, interactive physics, and improved animation systems.

33% clearly isn't a scientific estimate, but I wouldn't say it's entirely inaccurate. The full potential of consoles is very rarely tapped, so theoretically Evan Wells might be bang on. Practically, though, you'll see a handful of developers — such as Naughty Dog and Insomniac — really outdoing themselves, and even then it's unlikely they'll wring every drop from the hardware.