NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

It really depends on if you must play the PS2 games. If you arent bothered or already have a PS2 then just get the 40 GB. Saying that though if you check gameplay.com out you get 2 games if you get the 60GB for 350 extra and both of them ( Heavenly Sword+Resistance ) and supposed to be great. Well I know Resistance is as I have played that :)

So is Heavenly Sword once you get into it! : peace:

Sold Out on Gameplay i believe....

Folklore this friday! Loved the demo so i cannot wait for this one!

decided on the 60gig version with resistance and heavely sword from amazon for 350 quid, makes sense as I'd want those games anyway so this way I get a bigger hard drive and backwards compat for free. I'm still in Canada on holiday though so I won't be able to pick it up until a week on Sunday!

I've stickied this, deserves the same treatment as the other console general discussion threads before it gets shipped off to retro

Just Cause is an alright game but there are far better games out there on the PS2.

Like?

Thanks for stickying this, McPhee

Since Mario Galaxy and PGR4 are the only games I'll be buying this year now I think I'll be playing through Shadow of the Colossus and Okami at last some time towards the end of the year.

decided on the 60gig version with resistance and heavely sword from amazon for 350 quid, makes sense as I'd want those games anyway so this way I get a bigger hard drive and backwards compat for free. I'm still in Canada on holiday though so I won't be able to pick it up until a week on Sunday!
Just so you know you can get the same deal from hmv.co.uk atm, with a blueray aswell!

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=529347

There are also a few 40gb deals aswell,

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=12;6;82;-1&sku=722250

Ratchet and Clank is by far the best PS3 game, hands-down. The demo is excellent!

One thing it missed? Rumble...but as thats coming soon, it's ok for now!

Ratchet and Clank is by far the best PS3 game, hands-down. The demo is excellent!

One thing it missed? Rumble...but as thats coming soon, it's ok for now!

I knew it would be, you cant go wrong with R&C.

PS2 rawks. My top console. Got about 60 or so games for it. Best series on it are the Tony Hawks, Dynasty Warriors, Kingdom Hearts, Kessen, .Hack, GTA series, imo.

Also has some gems like Broken Sword Sleeping Dragon, Whiplash, Star Ocean, DQ8, Kessen 2, and so on.

The Eye Of Judgment gets a very good 8.0 from IGN.

I've never got into card games, but i'm going for this...looks very interesting.

I played the Ratchet demo again yesterday, and it still rocked!

EDIT: Also forgot to say that Folklore is amazing so far, extremely under-rated and some of the reviews have been WAY to harsh on it. It's like Zelda, but an extremely deep and twisting story-line.

Got a PS3? I suggest you give this one a try!

Urgh no more PS3 versions gorram it. Whats with Sony bringing out seven hundred versions of their consoles?

Im looking at you PSP.

Was just in game and all the games were fairly reasonably priced, saw four games I may want:

Sega Mega Drive Collection

Destroy All Humans 2

Resident Evil 4

GTA Vice City Stories

What do y'all think?

Defo get SMD collection...although I think they upped the price since I bought it from there for £12.99. And Destroy All Humans 2 is cool, too.

I hear Resi Evil is better on the cube though.

Not play GTA Vice City Stories, so can't comment.

Was just in game and all the games were fairly reasonably priced, saw four games I may want:

Sega Mega Drive Collection

Destroy All Humans 2

Resident Evil 4

GTA Vice City Stories

What do y'all think?

Stick with Resident Evil 4.

I loved the PS2 to bits as it had some amazing games on it but it also had a massive amount of tripe. I can see this happening with the Wii aswell.

Can the PS3 play PS1 Games?

[/End A Question which is obvious to your eyes but not mine]

Some, not all.

There's a list, i couldn't find it..

I have a GameCube should I buy Resi for it then? (GC version is around 15 quid, are the 3 quidsicles worth it?)

I also want to experience some sega lurve, and SMD is only 12.99.

Thanks

So, does anyone want to take a guess on what the Capcom annoucement will be for the PS3 this week?

If you head over to here

http://www.capcom-unity.com/

and look at the Prepare Yourself feature they have a countdown to the annoucement.

Is it definately PS3 related? Im guessing Street Fighter 4

It's meant to have slightly better graphics and control on the Gamecube, so I'd get that one. Although you may miss the added content the PS2 got.

Global Defence Force is pretty damn good, gamecentral bigged it up a couple of months back :)

Is it definately PS3 related? Im guessing Street Fighter 4

Well they said that PS fans will be very happy so everyone is assuming its PS3 related. Less than 24 hours to go now then.....

Also Capcom announced a new Bionic Commando game for the PS3 and 360 today. I was a MASSIVE fan of the NES version so im well happy with this annoucement.