NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

it could have been better but It was good in fairness. Sony were very lazy with their first party last gena dn it's hurting them now.

I'm looking for a "proper (not guitar hero) game", which out the Kingdom Hearts games are best?

Any other games to be recommended? Any genre. I already have:

Guitar Hero 2

GTA Vice City

GTA San Andreas

GTA Liberty City Stories

Canis Canem Edit

24: Game (it's a pile of... crumbs)

Star Wars Battlefront (is 2 any good? And when are they releasing a new home console one?)

Super Monkey Ball

I'm looking for a "proper (not guitar hero) game", which out the Kingdom Hearts games are best?Any other games to be recommended? Any genre. I already have:

Guitar Hero 2

GTA Vice City

GTA San Andreas

GTA Liberty City Stories

Canis Canem Edit

24: Game (it's a pile of... crumbs)

Star Wars Battlefront (is 2 any good? And when are they releasing a new home console one?)

Super Monkey Ball

Basically you have to play KH and KH2 in that order to get the most.

I already have:

GTA Vice City

GTA San Andreas

GTA Liberty City Stories

Canis Canem Edit

Insert a couple more GTA games, a few movie games and every Fifa released and thats basically most PS2 owners collections right there ;)

Im on my third ps2.. gave the others away.. but then I noticed these 4 games i had for it... REZ, ICO, Shadow of The Colossus and Katamari Damacy

and I bought my third ps2.. just when the urge gets me

I've had a PS2 for about 5 or 6 years. The only games I've only ever bothered with are PES, GTA, and Gran Turismo. These days I hate PES, so basically it's just a GTA and Gran Turismo machine.

I'm sure there are other great games for it out there, but it's never been a console I've loved.

Well I still need to finish FF12 so I still fire it up occasionally.

Theres rumours going around that a much cheaper 40GB PS3 is coming next week! Theres so much evidence backing it, it'll be a huge surprise if it wasn't actually true...i wonder if this will increase sales quite a bit?!

Also, a skiing game is soon to be released on the PSN, it's only $2.99 in US, so hopefully it'll be something like £1.99 here! It uses the six-axis motion controls.

I've heard it only has 2 USB, no memory card readers and no back compat support.

Insert a couple more GTA games, a few movie games and every Fifa released and thats basically most PS2 owners collections right there ;)

I guess. Although, where are the terrible movie tie-ins? (24 is no movie, atleastnot now)

EDIT: Darn, I misread your post... Well, spot on, then.

(yay for excessive use of comma)

I do like my GTA...

This post has so much... purpose.

(yay for excessive use of suspense points)

(yay for excessive use of excessive)

Immersion CEO Vic Viegas says in an interview with GameDaily that he doesn't understand why Sony decided to put the DualShock 2's rumble technology into the DualShock 3, considering he believes the new next-gen rumble technology is cheaper. Viegas says, "The old technology utilizes two motors to create the complex set of sensations, whereas Immersion's new TouchSense technology utilizes a single motor, but we drive the motor in unique ways so that you can get stronger yet crisper effects." He says the one motor uses less power, "the cost to implement is less expensive than the old tech" and he says they won't charge Sony extra.

New Burnout Paradise screens:

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17125

Immersion CEO Vic Viegas says in an interview with GameDaily that he doesn't understand why Sony decided to put the DualShock 2's rumble technology into the DualShock 3, considering he believes the new next-gen rumble technology is cheaper. Viegas says, "The old technology utilizes two motors to create the complex set of sensations, whereas Immersion's new TouchSense technology utilizes a single motor, but we drive the motor in unique ways so that you can get stronger yet crisper effects." He says the one motor uses less power, "the cost to implement is less expensive than the old tech" and he says they won't charge Sony extra.

Weird way of saying the cheaper inferior version was better choice because of business ;)

Good to see make the right choice for us.

PS2 is a awesome classic system. I've got so many games for that console, must atleast be hitting 100 or more now.

So it has now been confirmed that the PS3 is getting a new bundle and price drop but it aint all sunshine and roses...

Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe just confirmed what we seemingly all already knew: The Playstation 3 is getting a price drop. Only they don't call it a price drop, they call it a new model. Why does this sound familiar?

The "new" 40GBHDD PS3 will hit SCEE territories on Oct. 10 for €399 and comes with a SIXAXIS wireless controller, WiFi, HDMI two USB ports, rather than four, and no multi memory card port. The new model will also not be backwards compatible with the PS2.

SCEE also announced that the 60GB PS3 will not sell for €499 until they run out of supplies.

From Nick Sharples, Sony's Director of Corporate Communications in Europe:

The 60GB Starter pack will remain on sale until stocks run out (a number of months, depending on territory.) Thereafter, the 40GB model will be the only SKU in the SCEE region

From Kotaku.

So just how many versions of the PS3 are they gonna release before they get it right? Its so stupid what Sony have and are doing with the amounts of different machines and budles. What happened to the days of just being able to walk into a shop and get the console and not have to worry what version you are getting?

Also the dropping of the backwards compatability units is a joke! I know that a few games dont run smoothly depending on what versions you have etc but at least you have the option. Saying that we shouldnt have been shafted in the first place and got the same machine innards as the yanks.

are they not gonna introduce an 80gig model at the original price like they did in america, if not it's surprising they will be effectively doing away with backwards compatibility in Europe.... surely they don't really mean to do that

As soon as the most expensive model hits the £250 mark, I'm gonna buy one. :) :)

As soon as the most expensive model hits the £250 mark, I'm gonna buy one. :) :)

The 60Gb will never hit that mark because as soon as they run out of stock thats it for that model, the 4oGb will be the standard model over here.

I'm going to pick up the 60gig version when i goes down to 350 quid next week. Hopefully they won't all sell out by then.

The 40GB version is just utterly rubbish, especially as it will superscede (urr dunno how to spell that) the 60GB version. Thats just moronic.

Plus the PS3 is better value at present. £425 gets you three games and an extra pad.

£350 = one pad and two games (probably Motorstorm and Resistance)

+ 35 for pad

+ 50 for third game

= £435.

The 40GB version is just utterly rubbish, especially as it will superscede (urr dunno how to spell that) the 60GB version. Thats just moronic.

Plus the PS3 is better value at present. £425 gets you three games and an extra pad.

£350 = one pad and two games (probably Motorstorm and Resistance)

+ 35 for pad

+ 50 for third game

= £435.

You can get the games for 10/20£ less than that though. In fact, it could equal out to the same price. But now, you have the option to not ahve to pay so much.