NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Eh? I found the Ninja Gaiden Sigma Demo to be beautifull and very fun, as did many other people. I've yet to finish Resistance and MotorStorm, so no, it's not shit for me at the moment.

Also, Lair, Heavenly Sword and Uncharted all look fantastic.

Eh? I found the Ninja Gaiden Sigma Demo to be beautifull and very fun, as did many other people. I've yet to finish Resistance and MotorStorm, so no, it's not shit for me at the moment.

Also, Lair, Heavenly Sword and Uncharted all look fantastic.

Ninja G just seems far to repetitive for me :( dont like it at all

Graphics are amazing but gameplay is wank

Ninja G just seems far to repetitive for me :( dont like it at all

Graphics are amazing but gameplay is wank

I remember when they first showed Heavenly Sword everyone said it about that too. Hopefully they've changed it.

Yeah, its like the DS. I dont think that UMDs are though, I could be mistaken.

Games are region-free, movies aren't. So your correct. :)

I just bought Elder Scrolls.

Awesomeness Personified.

I just bought Elder Scrolls.

Awesomeness Personified.

OBLIVION RULES!!!!

Will the PS3 be getting shivering isles?

Atari Australia have updated their release list and one very big PS3 title has been added and that title is.. { Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots }

Look out for MGS4 in March 2008 for $109.95.

Has MGS4 been delayed from its US release in November? Im sick and tired of arguing it with my 360 fanboy mate, and if Im wrong life wont be worth living.

I think November is a go-go until Konami say otherwise, whats more likely to happen?

Has MGS4 been delayed from its US release in November? Im sick and tired of arguing it with my 360 fanboy mate, and if Im wrong life wont be worth living.

I think November is a go-go until Konami say otherwise, whats more likely to happen?

Konami say "By March 08" for MGS4

Anyone interested in Folkslore? Comes out June 7th 2007 in Japan and will have English voice-overs (supposadely).

Looks wonderful.

^

I am, but I try not to get my hopes too high. (Hopefully the game will be great, but the same developers made Genji 2.)

Latest PLAYSTATION 3 Firmware Update Provides PlayStation, PlayStation 2 and DVD Upscaling Remote Play on PSP (PlayStation Portable) via the Internet and DLNA transfer of media content also enabled

London, 24 May 2007 – Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) announced today availability of the latest version of the PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) firmware. Version 1.80 features upscaling of PlayStation® and PlayStation 2 games, and DVD movies up to full 1080p HD resolution when viewed on a compatible HD TV set.

The capability to upscale DVDs to HD quality is a feature normally only associated with top range DVD players, and its inclusion in the latest firmware upgrade now allows PS3 owners with an existing DVD collection to dramatically enhance the viewing pleasure of their DVD collection when viewed through a compatible HD TV set1. Not only can DVD movies be enhanced to full 1080p HD quality but so too will PlayStation 2 and PlayStation games be upscaled to provide much improved gaming pleasure.

In a comprehensive update to PS3’s already impressive capabilities, Version 1.80 also allows users to enjoy Remote Play on their PSP across the internet, allowing them to access their PS3 anywhere in the world where a broadband internet connection is available2.

Version 1.80 also allows users on a home network to seamlessly view and play rich media content such as images, music and video on their PS3, that is stored on their DLNA3 enabled devices such as PCs and laptops elsewhere in the house, reinforcing PS3’s credentials as a home entertainment hub that truly deserves pride of place in the Living Room.

A host of other enhancements include the ability to print photo images stored on PS3’s hard disk or inserted storage media to a selection of Epson printers.

PS3 owners will be able to upgrade their PS3 with the latest Version 1.80 firmware from 24th May 2007.

- ends -

Notes

1. DVD-ROM (including DVD Video content) can only be upscaled with HDMI compatible TV sets.

2. Use of Remote Play requires a powered up PS3 with Version 1.80 as well as PSP firmware version 3.50 which will be available at the end of May.

3. DLNA – Digital Living Network Alliance. For more info on DLNA, please see http://www.dlna.org/en/consumer/home

Upscaled PS2 games - Killer app. Seriously! The likes of Okami in 720p? Jesus I need a PS3 right now!

I wonder if that'll work on the UK machines as well since euro machines are software based for the BC and the US/Jap ones are hardware based

Upscaled PS2 games - Killer app. Seriously! The likes of Okami in 720p? Jesus I need a PS3 right now!

I'm wondering the same, but the news didn't say anything about 720p - just 1080p.

I'm wondering the same, but the news didn't say anything about 720p - just 1080p.

It says "up to full 1080p", so that would encompass 720p.

The thought of upscaled PS2 games is tempting me to buy a PS3 sooner rather than later. I'm going to see how it plays out first, though, as if the machine has issues emulating games at their original resolutions I can only imagine HD complicates things even more.

The thought of upscaled PS2 games is tempting me to buy a PS3 sooner rather than later. I'm going to see how it plays out first, though, as if the machine has issues emulating games at their original resolutions I can only imagine HD complicates things even more.

It'll generate the image in SD, then upscale it seperately (stretching, guessing the "blanks"). So it won't effect emulation - except perhaps cause lag.

It's basically the same as opening an image in Photoshop and making it bigger.

I was debating about putting this in the tech thread, but I thought I'd put it here, as PS3 owners might have had the same problem I do, and rom what I've read, it seems you guys in here know a lot about the tech side.

OK, I need help as I'm in a bit of a muddle about the whole HDMI stuff, and I just want some clarity before I order a PS3 as I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I'd really appreciate some help :)

OK, first of all to clarify, HDMI is the best right? I'm lead to believe it looks a shade nicer than DVI, and Component

However, the problem is that I have a HDTV that doesn't have a HDMI plug. Now if I was to buy a PS3 with a HDMI cable, and use a lil DVI to HDMI adapter thing like this:

n24cj.jpg

Would that be the right thing to do? Would the image still be better than a one through a standard component cable? Thanks!

DVI is HDMI without the audio, if your TV doesnt have either a DVI port or a HDMI you will need componant.

DVI is HDMI without the audio, if your TV doesnt have either a DVI port or a HDMI you will need componant.

But I have a DVI port, so it's all aces right?

EDIT: Wait what? So is the only difference between HDMI and DVI the quality of sound?

Just got my japanese PSP. Can I replace the japanese cable (the end that plugs in to the socket) with for instance my euro PS2 cable?

Yes you can. My PSP was one of the first Japanese models and you could just put any 8 diagram socket into the PSP block to charge it up.