NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Got Virtua Tennis, played a little so far and it seems pretty decent. Is it just me though or does anyone else find it incredibly easy?

Got Virtua Tennis, played a little so far and it seems pretty decent. Is it just me though or does anyone else find it incredibly easy?

Not when you play it on very hard. Other difficulties aren't too bad though.

What do you lot think to the Six axis? Is it any better than the dual shock 2? Or the same? Do the analogue sticks feel better?

Just felt the same apart from the shoulder buttons and lighter feel obviously, no problems what so ever. Just picked it up and instantly felt right at home with it.

Just felt the same apart from the shoulder buttons and lighter feel obviously, no problems what so ever. Just picked it up and instantly felt right at home with it.

When i played yours, it didn't feel like it was missing the rumble. Its like on Virtua tennis 3 on the 360. It defaults to off, but it becomes so much better (in my opinion) with the rumble. Your shots, in particular your charge ones feel far better.

Yeah, you don't really notice that the rumble is missing when you play it. While rumble is cool, if you don't notice it I don't see a problem with not having it for the time being.

In an interview with Gamepro, Yosuke Hayashi director of Ninja Gaiden Sigma stated that those developers who perpetuate the PS3 is too hard to develop for are just using it as a poor quality excuse. Hayashi also states that if one team can do a good job, then others can follow suit too. "

For us it's not a question of being easily to develop for, that's a relative term. When we first got our hands on the hardware it took us a while to get back into the flow of working with Sony, because they way they do things is a little different. The developers that say it's too hard to develop for and complain about it are missing the point. It sounds like an excuse to the consumer to us.

There are a lot of people out there that bought the PS3, and it's not a question of whether it's easy or hard. If your going to do a project you have to do the best you can. It's like if you bought a CD and it sounded bad and the singer said it was because the studio and the engineer were no good. Ultimately it's up to that person to make sure they have the quality that's needed. Look at what were able to do and the quality we are able to achieve and that speaks for it self. I think people will be satisfied with what we were able to do. If we can do it then other people will be able to do it as well.

To be honest, Sigma is a little bit of a cop out. They have the entire game there all they're doing is adding a few bits and bobs and changing the old engine...

I've had my PS3 for 6 days and still lack a friends list... if only my "friends" could be bothered to set up their network ID's! :nono:

I've had my PS3 for 6 days and still lack a friends list... if only my "friends" could be bothered to set up their network ID's! :nono:

Add me.

*looks at sig*

i'm Addable.

Gonna pick up Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter 5 this weekend.

NO Playstation 3 titles from Eidos until 2008

Gamesindustry.biz : Eidos has confirmed that it won't be releasing most of its major PS3 titles until next year, stating that the console's installed base will not be high enough before then.

As part of a statement released alongside the company's interim results for the six months ended December 31 2006, CEO Jane Cavanagh said, "We believe that PlayStation 3 will be a successful platform, and are developing technology and products for this console.

"However, as we do not believe that the installed base will be high enough until the second half of our 2008 financial year, most of our major product releases on the PlayStation 3 platform are not scheduled before that date."

The six month results reveal a rise in revenues for Eidos from GBP 50.1 million to during the same period last year to GBP 74.5 million. Losses stand at GBP 17.9 million - down by GBP 2 million year-on-year.

Cavanagh said that the board of directors also believes the Xbox 360 and Wii will be successful, with Eidos's first titles for Nintendo's machine due out this spring.

"The board believes that the introduction of new consoles will drive strong demand and pricing over the next five years," Cavanagh continued.

"In addition, the increasing opportunities for digital sales to consumers, through PC downloads as well as the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms, provide the basis for improved margins."

The statement observed that Eidos enjoyed two UK number one hits in the second half of last year with Just Cause and Battlestations Midway, and highlighted the GBP 44 million deal with Warner Bros. that was signed in December.

It also confirmed that the first products from Eidos's new casual games division will be launched in the first six months of 2008, following the acquisition of developer Rockpool Games.

We should set up a PSN Tag thread...

I'm ShavenWolf if anybody wants to add me. Feel free! :D Should be getting Motorstorm on Saturday or Monday at the latest.

Domstercool has too many friends for me to add him on XBOX LIVE. Take some of his!

Shit really? I'll delete some that never come on then. Sorry didn't know :)

Shit really? I'll delete some that never come on then. Sorry didn't know :)

Lol....I tried to add and it came up "Domstercool has too many friends" ...I was like....YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY FRIENDS!!!!

*Runs off crying*

Oh..how many have you got? You must be popular.

I'm not sure. lol, but I got rid of the xbox only people who haven't been online for like months.