NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

Even though I want a ps3 to play Gundam Musou, I'll wait just been calculating my finances and I want a new hd tv before I get a ps3 shame. Because I had a go on motorstorm on wednesday on my universites department ps3 and it was mighty damn fun.

So... one person bought one?

... O_o

Well, Caris, Dom, Owen and probably one or two others imported theirs. I bet Dom or Owen would have gone out on launch for it.

Well, Caris, Dom, Owen and probably one or two others imported theirs. I bet Dom or Owen would have gone out on launch for it.

Certainly would of. Can't miss out on the best RR since Type 4! and the awesome motorstorm.

Free TVs :o crazy gits.

Well i went to my local Blackbuster at 9am to get some games and stuff and to experiance the launch abit more, they got 35 machines in, pretty much sold out...

So people are brainwashed by the media in saying it just not selling.

Well it is only one store, but I don't think it will do badly like people think. Won't be 105k wii style but probably more around the psp level, 70k was it?

yeah thats what i mean, i know it aint sold as many as the 360 or Wii but its hardley a flop.

I have just been on a quick survey to the following stores: Virgin, Game and HMW. And all had sufficient stock (so i could walk in there today and buy one if i had the cash). It seemed like a normal sales day with just a handful of people queing the night before. This has probably got to be the least anticipated launch in history. The price put lots of people off. Been a student i can't even contemplate buying this or even afford it. Top games are £50 and if i bought two including the console, i would be reaching the £800 mark. That will broke me in no time.

I think sales of the PS3 will suffer in Europe by the end of this financial fiscal year. Maybe early next year when/if Sony reduces the price then people might be interested? and the catalogue of games (most) are already been available on the 360. Well time will tell if Sony's ship floats or sinks. I am gearing towards the latter.

I have just been on a quick survey to the following stores: Virgin, Game and HMW. And all had sufficient stock (so i could walk in there today and buy one if i had the cash). It seemed like a normal sales day with just a handful of people queing the night before. This has probably got to be the least anticipated launch in history. The price put lots of people off. Been a student i can't even contemplate buying this or even afford it. Top games are £50 and if i bought two including the console, i would be reaching the £800 mark. That will broke me in no time.

I think sales of the PS3 will suffer in Europe by the end of this financial fiscal year. Maybe early next year when/if Sony reduces the price then people might be interested? and the catalogue of games (most) are already been available on the 360. Well time will tell if Sony's ship floats or sinks. I am gearing towards the latter.

Well done.

UK Account: Caris88 add me please

You might as well get one off ebay, ive seen loads go for round 400 quid, im so gald i didnt pre order one to sell on ebay!

You might as well get one off ebay, ive seen loads go for round 400 quid, im so gald i didnt pre order one to sell on ebay!

So am i, as i realy did consider doing it too.

Just read on the play site Tekken is region locked.

What happened to region free?

It was one of the PS3s main selling points, if they are going to start region locking them now it'll piss some people off.

Just read on the play site Tekken is region locked.

Well I'm playing it right now, on a US PS3 downloaded from UK store. I read that it only doesn't work if you are running it on a normal SDTV (Because it tries to put out a PAL signal on your US PS3 standard NTSC signal) So no it isn't region locked

P.S Play says all games only run on euro PS3s. ;)

Read what I put under it. Play has all the games as Euro only. It's been tested that they are region free.