NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

You'd buy a PS3 based on a rip off of achievements and a pad with rumble?

Lol. I was thinking the same thing.

I like the sound of Sony 'Home'. Although creating your own-self as a avatar is again kinda copying Nintendo, they've gotta be careful and start thinking up totally new ideas (like the idea of getting furniture for your room), if they want to be taken more seriously....

How can you now add achievements to games, when you started them without achievements? ::shrug:

So there will still be 1000 PS2 games that work on the PS3 at European launch.

I'm sure some little shit is going to try and twist that.

I like the sound of Sony 'Home'. Although creating your own-self as a avatar is again kinda copying Nintendo, they've gotta be careful and start thinking up totally new ideas (like the idea of getting furniture for your room), if they want to be taken more seriously....

How can you now add achievements to games, when you started them without achievements? ::shrug:

Quite easy really make it a requirement for all games being released from 1st June 2007 or something like that.

However I don't see whats wrong with Sony copying people. They take the best parts of both other consoles and combine them into one.

well to be fair Phil Harrison did say they hope to have 1000 titles working on ps3 launch.

I don't see a problem as long as the main ones (FFXII, Okami, God of War II etc.) work.

Quite easy really make it a requirement for all games being released from 1st June 2007 or something like that.

However I don't see whats wrong with Sony copying people. They take the best parts of both other consoles and combine them into one.

well to be fair Phil Harrison did say they hope to have 1000 titles working on ps3 launch.

The main problem isn't Sony copying people, because if somethings good, use it. The problem I have is Sony hardly come up with their own stuff, and the stuff they copy they claim as some revolutionary new thing thats never been seen before. And before anyone says anything about Nintendo, this discussion is about Sony.

See it is always technically revolutionary, not in a sense that it hasn't been done before. But revolutionary for the Playstation platform.

Has anyone tried using a webcam with their PS3?

I just got my 360's webcam working with mine, which I think is pretty cool if a little wrong lol!

You may need to do an update before you try.

See it is always technically revolutionary, not in a sense that it hasn't been done before. But revolutionary for the Playstation platform.

I'm sorry, but copying other peoples ideas is not revolutionary for the playstation platform, they've been doing it for years.

Im trying to think of something theyve done for themselves, but I keep drawing blanks.

There isn't many things you could class as not been done before but they do take ideas and sometimes improve them. They had the first Dual Analogue controller and also the first pad to have built in rumble if I remember rightly.

Also the person who was on about Wallpapers for backgrounds like the PSP, seems your request might of been answered.

Features of this latest firmware include:

More refined PS Store frontend

Playstation Network integrity enhanced

Wallpapers from pictures

Ability to change background colours

Sony Connect Store for music and movies added to the PS Store. Hundreds of trailers/full films/song videos and mps3's available for download.

Playstation Card option in PS Store enabled.

Playstation Lifestyle- Similar to my space/youtube. User generated content and experiences are the key.

+ more.

I'm sorry, but copying other peoples ideas is not revolutionary for the playstation platform, they've been doing it for years.

No what I meant was lets say motion control it was a revolution for the playstation platform. Etc.

No what I meant was lets say motion control it was a revolution for the playstation platform. Etc.

But there have already been motion sensitive controllers for the Playstation, Sony didn't make them, but still it's been done.

But there have already been motion sensitive controllers for the Playstation, Sony didn't make them, but still it's been done.

No there hasn't if you could provide proof.

So my preys may have been answered in the next update, your own wallpapers AND ability to change background colours, yeah! Thats great!

Thanks for the info Domstercool, lets hope all these 'Home' rumours and updates turn out true because it will be great for the PS3.

Can yous too stop bickering? this thread is seriously messed up.

Sorry Caris :p

P.S. That controller isn't an official one is it. And we know the ps3 controller is more precise.

Anyway viva la next generation consoles chums

Warhawk Info

- PSN Downloadable Title, Online Only.

- 32 Players are confirmed, they might increase it, but definitely won't decrease it.

- Maps are HUGE! Maybe bigger than Resistance Maps.

- All the match types are there: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Zone/Territory, etc etc...

- Deep Character and Vehicle Customization

- Dedicated Servers

- Will feature alot of Downloadable content: expect Expansion Packs, New Maps, Weapons, Vehicles and character skins.

- Controls configurations are great. You can turn SIXAXIS On or Off for Vehicles, Planes, or both...

- ALOT of Rewards and Medals that will keep the replay value alive and kicking.

- Voice IP Support.

ignweekly_episode38_qthighw.gif

2ppx7ki.jpg

481vqmx.jpg

2qm0wsx.jpg

2d7dgtt.jpg

Warhawk Info

- PSN Downloadable Title, Online Only.

- 32 Players are confirmed, they might increase it, but definitely won't decrease it.

- Maps are HUGE! Maybe bigger than Resistance Maps.

- All the match types are there: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Zone/Territory, etc etc...

- Deep Character and Vehicle Customization

- Dedicated Servers

- Will feature alot of Downloadable content

- Controls configurations are great. You can turn SIXAXIS On or Off for Vehicles, Planes, or both...

ignweekly_episode38_qthighw.gif

2ppx7ki.jpg

481vqmx.jpg

2qm0wsx.jpg

2d7dgtt.jpg

source dante, as the producer on the game said it wouldn't be a downloadable title, and phil harrison confirmed this.

I want Warhawk so very badly :(

Looks great don't it? Getting better all the time! Hopefully it will be released as a game or download (i've heard it's pointing towards 'Downloadable' though) in the summer/autumn! :awesome:

How much would that be on the Playstation Store though? and how long would it take too download?!!