NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

But you must remember the ps3 is region free so get it when it launches in America

Good point. :smile:

My Jap PS3 turned up today along with Resistance, Motorstorm, Formula One and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I'm impressed with the noise level of the console compared to the 360 it's virtually silent, and Motorstorm looks amazing.

Now to get some blu-ray movies to see it display at 1080p. :)

I'll post some later this afternoon. My missus has my camera in her bag and she's out at the moment.

My Jap PS3 turned up today along with Resistance, Motorstorm, Formula One and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I'm impressed with the noise level of the console compared to the 360 it's virtually silent, and Motorstorm looks amazing.

Now to get some blu-ray movies to see it display at 1080p. :)

I purchased just 'Aeon Flux' (as it was the cheapest) to make sure my blu-ray player works and it's a very good film visually, i actually just picked the film i thought would make good use of the picture to test it out.

Better then HD-DVD? Slightly i suppose. Although both are very very sharp and great, i wouldn't say theres much in it.

I didn't have it running on 1080p though as my LCD doesn't do that. So i look forward to seeing a picture of that running in that resolution HazyUK.

Although...I downloaded trailerss of 'Underworld: Evolution' and 'BlackHawk Down' and they both look the business. So i think they would be my next film purchases and a good choice for you HazyUK. ;)

But you must remember the ps3 is region free so get it when it launches in America

Is it really? Is that every game? Or just some like the 360?

Is it really? Is that every game? Or just some like the 360?

It's every game. Although i reckon Sony will region-lock them soon, so that sales in Europe aren't decreased.

Although saying that. That was one of the PS3's features (it being region-free) and it may piss even more people off if they lock the games...so they may decide just to leave things as it is, i don't know....for Sonys sake...i wouldn't bother region-locking them.

Blu-Ray dics are region-locked however.

nah I doubt it plus its only Blu Ray Discs that are region locked.

The BlueRay Roms aren't region locked at all

Ok was wondering if the ps3 will be comptible with a HDMi to DVi connector. I'm planning to buy a small Samsung (19") HDTV which doesnt have a HDMi connection.

I know that DVi and HDMi are compatible but will this result in either a degrdation of picture quality or lack of functionality?

Thanks for any help

So are PS3s and games region free? and if so, Dom, why not import? I mean you're obviously hyped for it.

I'm with rokhed Wrestling games aren't generally considered 'hardcore' gamer material, they're just like Pro Evo and Fifa, annually released sports game with a lame story.

I'd rather wait and get it cheaper using my GAME points than import, and since the games are region free, it's all the more about money now rather than what games are in your area. :)

I'd rather wait and get it cheaper using my GAME points than import, and since the games are region free, it's all the more about money now rather than what games are in your area. :)

Ah i see, better than paying the excess postage and all that too.

That car and the road looks amazing. Scenery looks a bit flat and those people look a bit weird though.

Ok was wondering if the ps3 will be comptible with a HDMi to DVi connector. I'm planning to buy a small Samsung (19") HDTV which doesnt have a HDMi connection.

I know that DVi and HDMi are compatible but will this result in either a degrdation of picture quality or lack of functionality?

Thanks for any help

That 19" screen you posted in the other thread isn't HD.

Jordan said that they have to be 21" to be able to display HD pictures, so it looks like you'll have to go for the bigger version.

Nice pic Hazy!

I've seen some other awesome shots of the game as well from other people running it in 1080p. The car models really do look bloody good. A lot more realistic looking than the somewhat plastic look of PGR3.

That car and the road looks amazing. Scenery looks a bit flat and those people look a bit weird though.

When you see it in motion the mountains and spectators look better than the car. But it's a problem when you're supposed to be paying attention to the game and you're gawping at scenery. lol

Gran Turismo at 1080p...

dscn15160jj.jpg

Wow! I can honestly say that looks even better then mine. I have it running on either 720p or 1080i, not sure what it chooses....

So...there is indeed a difference when using 1080p!

Your grass and the mountains have slightly more texture and depth i believe.

Although i must add, it still looks very impressive in 720p and 1080i, it's so realistic, it will probably even get better looking when it's finally released as Gran Turismo 5 or something.....What TV do you have again HazyUK?