NEurope
CooInTheZoo

Playstation Discussion Archive

We were talking about it last week at work; would have been crazy (ie annoying) if it did come out tomorrow here. Glad it got delayed.

Didn't even know that the PS3 could have a face plate. O_o

Its not intentional, I dont think so anyway.

It would seem Sony have got onto ebay about the number of PS3 consoles appearing on the site.

15 November, 2006 | 07:47AM GMT

We wanted to let you know about some restrictions that will be placed on pre-sales of the Sony Playstation 3 console and games. To protect the whole eBay community, sellers will not be permitted to list PlayStation 3 consoles and games on eBay.co.uk until the authorised European pre-sales period begins in February 2007. Once the official pre-sales period has begun, eBay.co.uk will also be asking sellers to comply with the following requirements:

1. You may only offer one PlayStation 3 console.

2. If you are pre-selling a console, your listing must comply with our Pre-Sale Listings Policy. You must guarantee that the item will be available for dispatch within 30 days of the date it is listed on ebay.co.uk.

3. You must offer PayPal as the only payment option. The item must qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection.

4. You may only offer a PlayStation 3 console that you obtained within the EU. PlayStation 3 consoles obtained outside of the EU cannot be listed on eBay.co.uk.

5. Your listing must include a photo of your purchase or pre-order receipt. We recommend that you block out any personal information such as credit card numbers on the receipt to make sure that they aren’t visible on the photo.

Our top priority is to ensure that eBay remains a safe and reputable place to buy and sell. Please be aware that we may take action against your account if your listing doesn’t comply with these guidelines.

Regards,

The eBay.co.uk Team

I was at a store where a rep from PS3 was standing by a display for the upcoming release. He said to not buy a PS3 yet, as they have a problem with overheating. They were released too early to compete with Nintendo, and he was the official rep.

I was at a store where a rep from PS3 was standing by a display for the upcoming release. He said to not buy a PS3 yet, as they have a problem with overheating. They were released too early to compete with Nintendo, and he was the official rep.

Seeing as he's the official rep he's most likely saying it to put people off importing.

prolly been mentioned before, but there's a few hunderd PS1 and PS2 games that act glitchy on the PS3 (including big games like Final Fantasy, Gran Tourismo, Tekken), you would have thought they would have tested these things, espcially since the backwards compatability was meant to be a big deal.

Also only found out yesterday that the Japan launch didn't even sell out the 100,000 units, have to admit that was a bit of a shocker... any word yet if all the 400,000 in America have sold yet?

prolly been mentioned before, but there's a few hunderd PS1 and PS2 games that act glitchy on the PS3 (including big games like Final Fantasy, Gran Tourismo, Tekken), you would have thought they would have tested these things, espcially since the backwards compatability was meant to be a big deal.

Also only found out yesterday that the Japan launch didn't even sell out the 100,000 units, have to admit that was a bit of a shocker... any word yet if all the 400,000 in America have sold yet?

Indeed man, you would of thought that. But this was clearly a rush launch, im sure the BC was in the back of their minds.

And i will want to get tekken in the future and some other PS1 - PS2 games in the future.

ah, just spotted a news story on 1up about the NYC launch party

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155338

while Sony Corporation chairman and CEO Sir Howard Stringer and SCEA president Kaz "Ridge Racer" Hirai were in attendance to hand over the first PS3.

Poor Kaz, he'll never live that down will he.

The lucky recipient, a fellow named Angel Paredes, sat outside the store for four days. Dedication or insanity? You decide.

Four days? 12 hours I would think is reasonable before your classed insane, what did he do for 4 days? How did he eat, sleep, go to the toliet?

Poor Kaz, he'll never live that down will he.

On the contrary! Despite all odds, that conference gave these stuffy fucking number-crunchers some actual cult status. Giant crab, massive damage, ridge racer - these are things no PR department in the world could conjure up, and more than anything it helps create a "language" for Sony fans and a sense of goofy community. Brilliant!

How did he eat, sleep, go to the toliet?

Bought food with him, pro plus and a bottle.

Just a guess.

There is something I have been thinking about. Nintendo and Microsoft, as far as I know, don't mind people importing, and their games are region locked. Sony does mind people importing, and their Playstation 3 games are not region locked. Why is this? To me it seems a little illogical.:confused:

Cant belive the PS3 has a faceplate now...

Is there anything sony dont copy?

Also it looks shit, far to big.

There is something I have been thinking about. Nintendo and Microsoft, as far as I know, don't mind people importing, and their games are region locked. Sony does mind people importing, and their Playstation 3 games are not region locked. Why is this? To me it seems a little illogical.:confused:

The PS3 is region-locked. Besides the odd few launch titles, that are region free like the Xbox 360 was, the system is region locked.

Also it looks shit' date=' far to big.[/quote']

My cuz agrees with you on that one, it's fairly big, but he said it didn't look out of place next to his sat box and DVD players.

Cant belive the PS3 has a faceplate now...

Is there anything sony dont copy?

Also it looks shit' date=' far to big.[/quote']

agree with you on both counts-probably the ugliest home console at its launch.

apprently a PS3 has sold on ebay for $9000, and another auction had a bid of $89 million dollars. seems like gamers could be fighting back againest the people who wanna make profit from the lack of consoles. This happened when the Xbox 360 was released in the UK.

Sad people.

Two armed thugs tried to rob a line of people waiting for the new Playstation 3 game system to go on sale early Friday and shot a man who refused to give up his money, authorities said.

Advertisement

In other states, customers pushed and shoved their way to the shelves to get at the limited supply, and in Kentucky, four people were grazed by BBs fired from a passing vehicle as they waited for a Best Buy store to open.

The two gunman in the northeast Connecticut town of Putnam confronted 15 to 20 people standing outside a Wal-Mart store shortly after 3 a.m. and demanded money, said State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance.

"One of the patrons resisted. That patron was shot," Vance said.

He said the two gunmen fled after shooting Michael Penkala, 21, of Webster, Mass., in the chest and shoulder. Penkala was in stable condition at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in Worcester, Mass., with injuries not believed to be life threatening, Vance said.

Vance said police were searching for the suspects, both believed to be in their teens. He said one was wearing a ski mask and brandishing a handgun, and the other had what appeared to be a shotgun.

Aside from the police tape, things had returned to normal by midmorning at the Wal-Mart store in rural Putnam, a town of about 9,000 residents near the Massachusetts and Rhode Island borders.

Short supplies of the PS3 and strong demand led to lines of buyers, some waiting for days, outside stores across the country.

In Palmdale, Calif., authorities shut down a Super Wal-Mart after some shoppers got rowdy late Wednesday. In West Bend, Wis., a 19-year-old man was injured when he ran into a pole racing with 50 others for one of 10 spots outside a Wal-Mart.

In Lexington, Ky., someone fired BB pellets from a passing vehicle at people waiting outside a Best Buy store, according to WKYT, whose own reporter said she was among four people grazed while she interviewed buyers in line.

A Best Buy in Boston, aware it had only 140 of the consoles, got smart about the big sale — its employees gave out tickets to the first 140 people in line so everyone could go home until the store opened.

No idea where your getting your info from but the PS3 sold out in Japan, they didn't exactly 100,000, it was more like 90,000. As for the BC, consider the state of the 360's BC, the PS3 is hardly terrible plus they will be patching it soon.

That's because there wasn't 100,000 units to sell, lol.

Nintendo isn't keen on imports. They tried to sue a uk site once over it.

The PS3 is region-locked. Besides the odd few launch titles, that are region free like the Xbox 360 was, the system is region locked.

You have a link for this? As on IGN they said the PS3 games wouldn't be locked but the psx and ps2 games were. Hmm I hope it isn't a 360 style.

I'm wrong, at least according to IGN. I guess Sony could always force download the region lock, like HD-DVD/Blu-ray plans to in the new year, but I guess not.

However, we'll find out in a few weeks anyway.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-PLAYSTATION-3-60GB-IN-HAND-SEALED_W0QQitemZ230053458366QQihZ013QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$20,000. If you didn't already know. What sick retards are willing to pay these sums?

There is even one offered for $500,000. Although that supposedly goes to the Red Cross.

The west will eventually crumble for such mindless avarice. What would humbler nations (already raped by the greed-ridden west) think of such spending on tinker toys, when their children are starving in ditches?

Naturally I'd pay $800, 000 for a Wii smeared in dog-eggs. But that's different.:o

my friend has got his japanese PS3. paid over £600 for 20gb version.

hopefully will go round his flat next week.