NEurope
guarana

Red Steel -1ST Rev game screenshots in gameinformer

good point stabby! I think alot is lost today with the obsession with everything having to look real, why!? the whole point of gaming is to go to fantasy worlds and strange looking worlds where you can't go in real life, ie escape the real world. Plus you've got to ask yourself, what is reality? graphics alone? or the interactivty with an environment + something that seems to have a heart and sole.

Still looks just a little better than Xbox but I don't really care. It even has more advantages than disadvantages: smaller, low-power, cheaper, easy and fast to make games... Graphics are a lot more important on the artistic side really. Gamecube and PS2 have proven that to me. Graphics don't need to come close to reality. If that's what you want, then I'm affraid you have forgotten the true essence of gaming just as many others have.

Tell that to all the other people here who got waaay more hyped about Twilight Princess than about the Wind Waker (which, artistically, I think is the most beautiful game ever).

Your sensible mind makes you think that way, but technical achievement and realism keeps on being very important in games. I find it useless to deny.

How can people still say that this looks slightly better than XBOX? Seriously, I can't get it. Of course that 360 and PS3 will have slightly better graphics on SD, but from these scans the differences aren't that apparent.

Tell that to all the other people here who got waaay more hyped about Twilight Princess than about the Wind Waker (which, artistically, I think is the most beautiful game ever).

You're sensible mind makes you think that way, but technical achievement and realism keeps on being very important in games. I find it useless to deny.

Graphics on the technical side are really important too, I never said otherwise. Graphics need to be clean with sharp textures, no pop-up, good looking models, good lighting, and a high as possible framerate. That's what best describes the Revolution. With the Rev I won't have the feeling of missing out because it has less 'realistic' graphics. The graphics are great nontheless.

There's a high demand for realism in games but imo that's just plain ridiculous. I can't believe how some people abandon their older games and "evolve" to the next generation. I can give you my top 10 of best games ever made and 7-8 of them are from the previous generations. And it has nothing to do with nostalgia, because I played Zelda OoT for the first time a year ago and it's my favorite game of all time.

What is that?

What the Xbox was capable of, Halo 2.. obviously there are people around here spouting comparisons between the Revolution and consoles they've never played. I thought I'd clear it up with a picture of what it can do..

It should be noted that the scans weren't great quality in the Revolution's defense.

Launch titles are usually a bit sucky however as Revolution is a similar architecture built from the ground up with developper's ease of use in mind. I'm guessing Red Steel is pretty much close to the peak of what Revolution can do.. which is why I chose to compare it with Halo 2 which is somewhat better looking than Halo 1 the launch title for Xbox.

People make that comparison because they can no longer distuiguish the graphics, it's all starting to look to similar to each other, even this generation and the next look alike, so the diference between next gen consoles are going to be even smaler.

^ It's funny because Halo 2 only ran at 480p on Xbox that is... 640x480p and the pic is 1024x768 ^_^ a 4:3 resolution you never use... as the resolution above that for a console would be 720p (16:9 1280x720)...

know what... I'm sick of this talk, lol.

The graphics are better than Xbox could even dream of, and I doubt they are already using most of the hardware when they only have 95% of it complete... and I know for sure that the Gamecube was never really pushed to the limits because of RAM limitations and Disc Space, most developers reached a point of "why add more textured poligons?"...

I mean look at RS2 it took 6 months to do it and it pushes 15 million poligons at 60 frames per second do you think it's hard for them to push 30 million on 30 frames per second? and how many games did that? do you call that pushing?

In compartion Xbox only pushed 15 million polygons at 30 frames, jeez before measuring the console against Xbox measure GC against it.

I am not sure how to put this but could it be that the faces in Red Steel look really different compared to other FPS? I mean it does not look like a xxx polygon face with textures - it looks much more round and soft. Could that be a new (improved?) way to design player models by Nintendo + ATI? I don't say it looks better than every other game but in my eyes it looks a lot different than other games I reccently played.

I think it look's great if the graphic's stay like that,that will keep me happy.

I am not sure how to put this but could it be that the faces in Red Steel look really different compared to other FPS? I mean it does not look like a xxx polygon face with textures - it looks much more round and soft. Could that be a new (improved?) way to design player models by Nintendo + ATI? I don't see it looks better than other games but in my eyes it looks a lot different than other games I reccently played.
crysis196180l2gv.jpg

Maybe...

-> http://www.ati.com/gitg/promotions/crytek/

At least... ATi has the technology to do that. Red Steel could be using some of those, who knows.

The middle face looks she has one dark eye and one light eye.Last model is pretty good.

XIII is a great game. its also on the GC aswell but its a pretty cool game, i think a thirteen game would work wel on the rev. the multiplayer games are really funny, one you have to chase and destroy some little death guy and he gets smaller with every shot.

Ha cool, what game is that?

I believe it's XIII (aka thirteen), based on a french comic.

Also for Gamecube (perhaps Xbox) and PC&Mac.

It's on all the consoles, online on the Xbox. It's one of my favourite FPS' from this generation actually, it has such a good story line.

It's on all the consoles, online on the Xbox. It's one of my favourite FPS' from this generation actually, it has such a good story line.

It's about time i play it then... Hmm.. Wonder if it works on the 360.

Jepp.. it works on 360 :yay:

These are real .. there just small pictures , usually cut out from scans cus too small

there all from the magazine...

there tiny pictures .... they look good to me ... but scanning them and then stretching them to all high hell , isnt gunna make them look nicer.......

We can't make it out properly with the scans,we can properly see the graphics when we get a video