NEurope
nicolasmasset

BREAKING: PS3 price revealed this morning ...

MGS4 featuring legendary characters from MGS 1 - 3

From Left to right

THE IMMORTAL VAMP!

The strong Willed MERYL SILVERBURGH

The KATANA Weilding RAIDEN...WHOS BABY IS THAT!!!! (Olgas perhaps!!)The Kick ass gun slinger that is REVOLVER OCELOT

The Legend that is SOLID SNAKE

The Brains and Snakes right hand man HAL 'OTACON' EMMERICH

The charred remains of BIG BOSS

And in a surprise return...NAOMI HUNTER (daughter of grey fox)

oh man

oh man

Olga's baby would be ten years old at the beginning of MGS4.

Olga's baby would be ten years old at the beginning of MGS4.

I see where your coming from, but when hideo kojima said X years, he didnt mean 10 years.

I'll buy a PS3 when it falls in price. I'm a poor student and I wouldn't be able to eat for a few months if I paid £400 for a console.

I HAVE to have MGS4 however... I also need to eat... Why is life so crewl?

do like me .. i will make a friend (ps3 owner).. barrow his ps3 (steal it)..

lose friend .. gain ps3 .. thats how im gunna get a ps3..

Clever, if it works ill try it, but im gonna need help carrying that bulk home.

do like me .. i will make a friend (ps3 owner).. barrow his ps3 (steal it)..

lose friend .. gain ps3 .. thats how im gunna get a ps3..

I did that with MGS3, except the stealing part. its why i have mgs2 and 3 and no ps2, because im that awesome.

I think people are forgetting just how much stress Kids can put on parents to buy them "the latest and coolest" as Ive seen it before... ive seen it with consoles and ive seen it with damn biscuits!

Kids want, they dont shut up, many parents dont believe in hitting their children (I wouldnt believe in that either) so what are u gonna do? ground them? many parents give in and just buy them the damn thing and as far as older gamers....they are most likely saving up right as i type this message.

So what you're saying is that more PS3s will be sold than expected, due to parents getting shitter and shitter by the second!?

I don't think kids can put on that much pressure,far to expensive to buy that and 2 odd games for their kid.Nearly £500 no chance.

It'll be more that £500.

£400 for console, £60 per game, £25 for a second controller. Thats £545. Thats too much.

Oh, and to get your moneys worth out of the £400 console, you need an HD-TV, which will set you back £1000.

£1545 vs £200 (a rev, second controller, and 2 games).

The winner is obvious.

It'll be more that £500.

£400 for console, £60 per game, £25 for a second controller. Thats £545. Thats too much.

Oh, and to get your moneys worth out of the £400 console, you need an HD-TV, which will set you back £1000.

The winner is obvious.

That's a stupid argument. The Rev will probably be about £150 (but with a second controller pack-in) and the PS3 about £300-400. You don't need a HDTV to get great graphics on PS3, so with two games for each console (£50 on PS3, £40 on Rev), the prices are about £230 vs £400-500. See, you don't need daft, over the top arguments to show an obvious price difference.

Acctually the graphics on an SD-TV with a PS3 will have no noticable difference from a rev, so to get your moneys worth from a £400 console, you need an HD-TV, or just get a rev.

Oh, and PS3 games will be, like xbox360 games were at launch, £59.99.

PS3 is atleast 400 and games £50-£60 don't see how that is over the top.And to truelly see PS3 graphics you would need HD TV but a lot of people won't have one.

So what you're saying is that more PS3s will be sold than expected, due to parents getting shitter and shitter by the second!?

I apolagize for not mentioning that this will only accomadate for a part of the sales (doesnt this happen with alot of things now adays?) but I was stressing this fact because it does happen, I know The PS3 will sell for obviously many other reasons too but I was speaking apon the price and how Kids will not take the price seriously as they will just want their PS3.

I didnt say parents getting shitter, Its a huge strain to them, I mean no harm or disrespect Kurt.

(Edit: £500?! I was thinking £350 - £400 Max, if it does turn out to be £500 then forget my whole post)

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone remember how long it took the PS2 to fall to £200?

I really want a PS3, but with that kinda price there isn't a chance I'll be buying it at launch, and it looks like I may have a long wait ahead of me...

Le sigh...

Oh well, Revolution should keep me entertained ^___^

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone remember how long it took the PS2 to fall to £200?

I really want a PS3, but with that kinda price there isn't a chance I'll be buying it at launch, and it looks like I may have a long wait ahead of me...

Le sigh...

Oh well, Revolution should keep me entertained ^___^

it fell to £200 roughly around november 01, thats when it started to sell.

That's a stupid argument. The Rev will probably be about £150 (but with a second controller pack-in) and the PS3 about £300-400. You don't need a HDTV to get great graphics on PS3, so with two games for each console (£50 on PS3, £40 on Rev), the prices are about £230 vs £400-500. See, you don't need daft, over the top arguments to show an obvious price difference.

I like how he included a HD TV for the PS3 owner but didn't include a TV at all for the Revolution.. I guess it's a magic system.

Anyway this argument that there is no noticeable different between a Revolution and a PS3 on a standard definition television is getting FUCKING old.

Seriously.. a PS3 can render much deeper environments with more moving things, varied textures, deeper sounds and so much more.

If you think that a Revolution can handle the tracks and all the cars and damage that Gran Turismo Vision can do you are seriously misinformed.

The Revolution is not a wonder machine.. sure to the naked eye the PS3 will have a handicap on a SD TV but you're really deluding yourself if you think they will perform in the same way and hold up the same kind of environments you're mistaken.

Not really, the only reason the thing has so much power is to pull off High Defintion.

Since the Revolution lacks this capability, there is simply no need for all that power. Yet it can still as we've seen from RedSteel pull off resonably good graphics in my book.

I guess we shall have to wait and see.

Acctually the graphics on an SD-TV with a PS3 will have no noticable difference from a rev, so to get your moneys worth from a £400 console, you need an HD-TV, or just get a rev.

Oh, and PS3 games will be, like xbox360 games were at launch, £59.99.

WRONGGG !!!

I cant remember paying £60 for a 360 game at launch

and games are not just about graphics, there is a whole lot of other stuff, the ps3 will be able to handle more stuff on the screen then the rev can

so you wont need a HD-TV to get the full out of a ps3

Not really, the only reason the thing has so much power is to pull off High Defintion.

Since the Revolution lacks this capability, there is simply no need for all that power. Yet it can still as we've seen from RedSteel pull off resonably good graphics in my book.

I guess we shall have to wait and see

The screen we have seen might not be actual in game screens, so nobody knows anything yet to we see actual rev games in motion

I like how he included a HD TV for the PS3 owner but didn't include a TV at all for the Revolution.. I guess it's a magic system.

Anyway this argument that there is no noticeable different between a Revolution and a PS3 on a standard definition television is getting FUCKING old.

Seriously.. a PS3 can render much deeper environments with more moving things, varied textures, deeper sounds and so much more.

If you think that a Revolution can handle the tracks and all the cars and damage that Gran Turismo Vision can do you are seriously misinformed.

The Revolution is not a wonder machine.. sure to the naked eye the PS3 will have a handicap on a SD TV but you're really deluding yourself if you think they will perform in the same way and hold up the same kind of environments you're mistaken.

thank you, very well posted. im glad someone has said that.

Standard TV's will limit the PS3's power but you can still tell a difference between the PS3 and the Rev because of it's power and when you see the PS3 on HD will be a huge bonus and look good.

Are any developers actually going to make a game that the PS3 can handle and the Rev can't?

Either way, I'll still need a ps3 as well as a Rev.

PS3 will cost the equilibrium market price so as to get the average price of a PS3 and that sony will not want to lose more than 75% on consoles it will be anywhere between £499 to £899. FACT

It'll be more that £500.

The winner is obvious.

*breathes a very deep sigh*

ffs

I apolagize for not mentioning that this will only accomadate for a part of the sales (doesnt this happen with alot of things now adays?) but I was stressing this fact because it does happen, I know The PS3 will sell for obviously many other reasons too but I was speaking apon the price and how Kids will not take the price seriously as they will just want their PS3.

I didnt say parents getting shitter, Its a huge strain to them, I mean no harm or disrespect Kurt.

(Edit: £500?! I was thinking £350 - £400 Max, if it does turn out to be £500 then forget my whole post)

AHAHAHA....Nono...I was agreeing with you :P (meaning part of the sales though obviously)

Btw...parents are getting shitter ;)...I'd say it was pretty obvious...I think though that a lot of older kids today are noticing though n parent standards MAY improve again...