NEurope
nicolasmasset

BREAKING: PS3 price revealed this morning ...

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/playstation-3-will-be-612-to-734--165234.php

Quote:

Gamasutra reports this morning on the president of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe dropping a Playstation 3 price during an interview with radio station Europe 1.

George Fornay said that the Playstation 3 will be hitting Europe for €499 to €599 or about $612 to $734. Fornay also confirmed that the PS3 will be hitting Europe this November. Finally, Fornay reiterated that the dealy of the Playstation 3 was due to last minute changes in the Blu-ray’s copy protection.

Wow, that’s so very over-priced.

Looks like the beast will be expensive after all!

Thats £350-£420 still alot more than the 360 was.

I even consider the Revo dear and were sure its gonna be cheaper than that, like half the price? Whoa I dont know what to say like but if Nintendo priced the N5 up in that kinda bracket I might have to actually think twice about gettin it. They wont though.

If these PS3 thingys fly off the shelves then people are crazy and should like look into giving their cash to charity instead of Sony.

"Mammy I want one of those, please please please"

"How much is it?"

"£400"

Well as long as it stays below the £400 i will still be getting one, all depends on games ov course

but if it goes above that i'll just wait till the price drops

...ack! There is no way in hell I can afford that.

Its Aril now so 7 months till Nov thats 400 / 7 = £57 a month

should be alright if you have a job, not alright if your still at school tho

start beggin if you really want 1

"Mammy I want one of those, please please please"

"How much is it?"

"£400"

Quoted for truth.

Fuck that. I don't even want a new higher capacity format for HD films, I don't even want a HDTV, they're far too expensive.

On top of that the electricity bill for HDTVs, HD games consoles and HD broadcasting systems (like Sky) cost more than the generic standard freeview counterparts.

Why do we need it all? I mean Revolution will play on a standard widescreen TV, it will play DVDs on that TV which are relatively cheap these days and the electricity bill for it all will be much lower.

I know this is the 'Other Consoles' forum but I really don't see how the PS3 stands a chance.. especially if they don't meet Europe in 2006 as everyone will be in debt from Christmas.

A)Hi how much is a Playstation 3?

B)£400

A)£400:shock:

A)Can i have a Revolution instead.

Sony really need to change the price tag.

I think Nintendo should get the Rev as low as possible. $200 seems likely but there was an IGN report that said how it could be as low as $150 or $100. If they can get them out at $150 then people would no doubt buy them. or Nintendo could have a nice bundle with a Rev, 2 controllers (nun-thingy included) 2 shells and a game for $250... I'm sure they could get that.

500 euros is ridiculous for a console, I will never buy a console for that much.

That is 5 weeks wages for me,

5 weeks of labour work to play as pentioner snake...hmmmm

Customer: Hmm that ps3 looks good, how long does it take to cook my beef?

GameWorker:It's actually a games console sir, it has Blu-ray drive, HD, a big fuck-arse hard drive (which really is unnescessary) and is FUCKING HUGE

C:Hm.. not bad, how much is it?

GW:£400 sir

C:Fuck you? Are you joknig? Fuck off what's that tv remote shaped thing over there, WOAH i move it and stuff happens, how much?

GW: £150 sir, or £200 for 2 controller attachmentrs and a game.

C:Fuck me blind! Ill take it.

GameWorker:It's actually a games console sir, it has Blu-ray drive, HD, a big fuck-arse hard drive (which really is unnescessary) and is FUCKING HUGE

C:Fuck you? Are you joknig? Fuck off what's that tv remote shaped thing over there, WOAH i move it and stuff happens, how much?

LOL :grin:

WOoooooooaahhhhhh STUFF HAPPENSS!!

XD

Oh man, i'm not taking the piss i just think that be reeeeally funny.

C:Fuck you? Are you joking? Fuck off what's that tv remote shaped thing over there, WOAH i move it and stuff happens, how much?

Now thats a reality i want to live in.

OUTSTANDING. Now if only that would happen.....

Woah, that's the first time I've seen 4 people in a row quote the same passage...

I reckon demo stations will play a big part in the next gen. If people play the Rev, sees what it does, looks at the price and see a kick ass bundle it could blow the PS3 out of the water. Especially if the graphics are only slightly better than the 360.

Hahaha it will, Aim high and compromise.

I bet a ton of people get them for Christmas because the PS3 is out of stock at the £400 retail and only available on eBay for £700 without any games.

That my firiend is the years best post.