NEurope
mike-zim

Things you have always wondered

I don't think people are necessarily scared of Apple Macs, just that they cannot be arsed switching all their shit over to a different computer.

Granted, if my Windows PC were to fuck up an awful lot, I'd endeavour to get a Mac. But it doesn't, so I don't.

Mine did and i eventually punched it until it broke. I'm now buying a mac. Trouble for me is, incompatability with word files and whatever, and i wont be able to chat on msn with friends.

Mine did and i eventually punched it until it broke. I'm now buying a mac. Trouble for me is, incompatability with word files and whatever, and i wont be able to chat on msn with friends.

Microsoft Office is available for Mac, and so's MSN Messenger in some capacity. Charlie is running on Apple hardware and he's on my list.

Also, you can run Windows XP on your intel Mac with Boot Camp.

Two noobish questions

1. How does dust form and why?

2. What does RRP stand for? [i know it means standard retail price or something...]

Two noobish questions

2. What does RRP stand for? [i know it means standard retail price or something...]

Reccomended Retail Price, sometimes known as SRP too (Suggested Retail Price).

Two noobish questions

1. How does dust form and why?

House dust

dust which collects in houses is composed of atmospheric dust combined with dust generated by the inhabitants, mostly from sloughed skin cells and fibers from clothing and coverings. House dust mites, often found in fibers like carpets and beds, feed on the organic components of house dust. Their feces, in turn, become part of house dust and can provoke allergic reactions in humans.

RRP

Recomended retail price, this is the price recomended to a shop to sell a good or service for, although it does not have to be followed, it is reccomended.

when you dream something, and it happens a few days/weeks/months later, makes me stop and take a step back. what the fuck is this? and why does it happen?

Wich one would win Steven Seagal or Jean Claude Van Damme ? Oh and what's the meaning of life ?

Microsoft Office is available for Mac, and so's MSN Messenger in some capacity. Charlie is running on Apple hardware and he's on my list.

Also, you can run Windows XP on your intel Mac with Boot Camp.

I've got the latest version of MS Office for the Mac, it's great. The official MSN client sucks, it supports display pictures and that's about it. I'm using aMSN at the moment, it seems pretty good so far, has webcam support :)

Theres a reason to own a mac now that you can run Windows on one ;).

Heres a question, how do telephone/internet service providers call 1mb or 2mb internet "Broadband" when other countries such as France are on 25mbit and in Japan people are on 100mbit now.

In Hong Kong you can get gigabit home lines for about £60 a month...

because the UK is a fuckin rip-off, and theyre milking each speed, and then eventually will get round to 1 gig, by this time japan will have 100gig.

lets go burn down BT

Wich one would win Steven Seagal or Jean Claude Van Damme ? Oh and what's the meaning of life ?

Jack Bauer and 42.

Hell with that, by the time we get to 1gb the Japs will be on terabytes

If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why are there still monkeys and apes?

How do Keep Off The Grass signs get there?

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

How young can you die of old age?

How young can you die of old age?

Theres that weird disease which causes people to ages really fast, so quite young, but normally I would have though the youngest would be about 55 in this country. If you live in some 3rd world country then 40 odd can be concederred old-but weather or not they die of old age or disase and stuff I don't know.

If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why are there still monkeys and apes?

Because evolution is an ongoing, continuous process. Today's monkeys and apes evolved from monkey-like and ape-like creatures too.

the keep of the grass signs are lowered by helicopter, or there is no need to keep off the grass till the sign is put up at which point the person putting up the sign is air lifted out of there.

and to those asking why humans arent evolving, well we are, we are different to the uncivilised mammels of 500 years ago (well some of us)

i dont think we are evolving really. there is no need we are the dominant species on the planet. technology has replaced the need to evolve. you will find species like urban fox's will be much the same.

i dont think we are evolving really. there is no need we are the dominant species on the planet. technology has replaced the need to evolve. you will find species like urban fox's will be much the same.

We have been 'dominant' (what does that actually mean in this context, there are more ants than people...) for the blink of an eye. Our environment is constantly changing and so are the conditions for breeding. There could always be a freak mutation that would be of an avantage in our environment, and the sheer number of migrating people means that genes that were forged in , for example, Sweden are now in Australia. There's a lot of potential adaption there!

Not something I've always wondered, but is it possible to give birth in a coma?

wow ..this HAS to be the quote of the YEAR...:bowdown: :bowdown: wow..

As far as I know, I think it is. Recently heard of a paralyzed woman (couldn't do anything anymore) giving birth to a baby (she died after giving birth though). Think I also heard about people in coma giving birth (one way or the other).

As far as I know, I think it is. Recently heard of a paralyzed woman (couldn't do anything anymore) giving birth to a baby (she died after giving birth though). Think I also heard about people in coma giving birth (one way or the other).

See I presumed if a nine-month pregnant woman went into a coma they would give her a c-section, but was curious if the body could naturally do it. Just kind of curious, and I don't know any nurses, doctors or biology teachers.