NEurope
Calibur

Spider-Man 3 Plot Revealed

the differecne between Venom and Carnage is the difference between Eddie and Kasady. In Eddies case his symbiote feeds off his anger towards Spiderman (and he has a lot), also the symbiote itself is pissed at Spiderman for rejecting it, the combination of this is Venom, who has all of Spidermans powers only mulitpled by ten and i think the reason his transformation is similar to what the symbiote turned Spiderman into is because Spidey had it first and his "image" became the "base" for that symbiotes transformations (though i don't think this was ever touched on in the comics)

With Kasady, he also had a lot of anger towards Spiderman and he himself is pretty insane to begin with, but his symbiote as said by Calibur is best descride as the "child" of the first symbiote (it "replicated"), i don't think this symbiote had any intentions towards Spiderman itself but when it bonded with Kasady his personailty became the base for the transformation. What Carnage became is the insanity level of Kasady times ten and instead of using webs like Venom (and Spiderman) does Carnage can make tenticles come out of his suit and turn them into sharp knife like objects. As far as i remember i think Venom may be able to do something similar but mostly perfers to use webs.

Also Venom is black and Carnage is red :p

why are the main actors leaving? would they be making more money on spiderman 3, then any other movies there set to do this yr? or is it because there afraid they will be type cast?

I think with Toby he might feel he's getting too old for the character, this may be the same with Kursten also

I dont think either Harry or Venom playing a big part in this one. Harry will get his butt handed to him very quickly when they first fight, to show his inexperence and Venom will probably only appear in the final fight (wounding harry and spiderman and killing sandman?). Most of the film will probably be Sandman vs Spidey and laying down of plot for the next 3 films (Eddies hate for Spidey, Harrys desperation for revenge, the problems between MJ and Peter, Peters interest in Gwen)

I cant really see how they can get 9 films out without people getting bored/confused (doubt the average Cinema goer would want to follow the Clone Saga). I suppose they could bring in some other characters like Daredevil (a Spidey and Daredevil taking on Kingpin film would be good and might sit well between Venom and Carnage storylines)

Hopefully there'll be some Carnage vs Venom vs Spidey action somewhere, not too keen on seeing Spiderman take them both on as a team. Maybe they should kill Parker off in 7 (Morlun? They could make it a thriller type with Peter being hunted and constantly on the run) and then have Ben Riely take over for the last 2 films?

Definately looking forward to it though, shame its not out for at least 13 months! :(

I was hopeing they would bring out Scorpion for the new film instead of Sandman, or possibly Mysterio, but beggars can't be choosers i guess.

I dont think either Harry or Venom playing a big part in this one.

i think Harry will, if they're doing things in terms of Trilogies then this 3rd film has to tie it all up, and seeing as the Green Goblin has played a major role in the first two (albiet "behind" the scenes in part 2... i.e. Normans death and memory motivating Harrys character and that part at the end), part 3 should see Green Goblin 2 take centre stage.

Hold up two ideas just hit me...

1) They said someone big will die... could this be Harry? I wouldn't like that, i'd expect Spidey to beat him but not kill him and he ends up in a mental hospital like in the comics.

and

2) Just thinking of this line from the 1st post (plot summary)

"Harry Osborn, determined to take revenge against Peter for his father's death and now equipped with what he needs to pull it off, teams with The Sandman in a new variation of his father's Green Goblin guise and causes mayhem"

Now when it says "variation of his father's Green Goblin guise", is anyone else worried they might commit an unholy sin and make Harry the "Hob Goblin"?

Does noone else think it's absolutely AWESOME that Topher Grace is in it? I don't care about the rest of the movie, that just made it for me. Topher Grace kicks ass.

Does noone else think it's absolutely AWESOME that Topher Grace is in it? I don't care about the rest of the movie, that just made it for me. Topher Grace kicks ass.

I'm actually worried that he's in it, he's a good actor yes but I'm not sure he can pull off the character of Eddie Brock, Eddie is meant to be a big muscular, angery, moody, pissed off bad guy character (even before becoming Venom), last i saw Topher, he's skinny, small and I don't think he's even played anything but comedy roles and i've never seen him acting angery. I've heard he's put on some muscle for the role but still am yet to see any pictures

Edit: I have seen a pic of the guy playing Sandman, now he should have been cast to play Eddie instead, he looks just like Eddie should... although maybe a bit too old for the character

sandman.jpg

Sounds fresh, I'll definitely go to see it- but I wont be reading any more spoilers.

I think you guys underestimate Topher Grace's ability to bulk out for brock- just look at guys like Christian Bale. he went from The Machinist to Batman in a couple of months.

anyway- my thoughts are that green goblin and sandman are the main badguys here for sure. the only way spiderman will be able to beat them is with the black costume and towards the end he will seperate from it (I'm thinkjing ultimate style of sudden transformation into Venom) and he will have to fight both badguys without it- all the while brock bonds with the suit and venom proper will enter towards the very end.

at a guess:)

I think you guys underestimate Topher Grace's ability to bulk out for brock- just look at guys like Christian Bale. he went from The Machinist to Batman in a couple of months.

That's a bit different, Bale was never that weedy, nor was he particularlky built as Batman.

The transformation needed to turn Topher Grace from uber wimp to brick shithouse is real comic book material.

This might be a bit strange, but I remember the PS1 game Spider-Man. It was based on the comics, and I'm not sure if this happened, but...

In the last level, Venom, Doctor Octopus and Carnage were defeated. The symbiote crawled off of Carnage and onto Doc Ock. He became a mega villain with tentacles and the added power of symbiote, and was indestructible. Spidey's only choice was to run, and I think he escaped and Carnage-Ock was destroyed in some sort of roof collapse. I wonder if the symbiote of Carnage will instead ressurect the dead body of Doctor Otto Octavius underneath the dock where he was consumed and drowned by that trinium ball.

This might be a bit strange, but I remember the PS1 game Spider-Man. It was based on the comics, and I'm not sure if this happened, but...

In the last level, Venom, Doctor Octopus and Carnage were defeated. The symbiote crawled off of Carnage and onto Doc Ock. He became a mega villain with tentacles and the added power of symbiote, and was indestructible. Spidey's only choice was to run, and I think he escaped and Carnage-Ock was destroyed in some sort of roof collapse. I wonder if the symbiote of Carnage will instead ressurect the dead body of Doctor Otto Octavius underneath the dock where he was consumed and drowned by that trinium ball.

......... If only