NEurope
Calibur

Spider-Man 3 Plot Revealed

Spider-man 3

Cast: Tobey Maguire (Peter Parker/Spider-Man), Kirsten Dunst (Mary Jane Watson), James Franco(Harry Osborn), Topher Grace (Eddie Brock/Venom), Bryce Dallas Howard (Gwen Stacy), Thomas Haden Church (Flint Marko/Sandman)

Release Date: May 4th, 2007

Directed By: Sam Raimi

Official Plot Summary: Third film in the highly successful "Spider-Man" series sees several new villains and a new woman enter Peter Parker's life. With his secret now revealed to both Mary Jane and Harry, Peter must face the consequences of his actions and his new life together with Mary Jane as they finally form a relationship. Yet their newfound open display of love has yielded some unfortunate results, not the least of which is Peter's upset boss determined to make his life hell for causing his son emotional distress. Not helping is a young investigative reporter named Eddie Brock who Jameson has hired to find out why Mary Jane dumped his son for Peter - what's Parker's secrets?

At the same time an escaped prisoner hiding out on a remote beach is caught in a dreadful accident and finds himself turned into a shape-shifting sand creature. Peter's investigations into the past of this 'Sandman' brings him in contact with two very different things that will inevitably alter his life. The first a young woman named Gwen Stacy, daughter of the city's new police chief who is developing a soft spot for Peter. The other, a black substance from an accident scene which 'merges' with Peter's costume and gives him new found abilities.

Things come to a head however when Harry Osborn, determined to take revenge against Peter for his father's death and now equipped with what he needs to pull it off, teams with The Sandman in a new variation of his father's Green Goblin guise and causes mayhem. In the ensuing chaos lives are lost, including people very close to Peter, whilst the black substance covering his suit separates from him and merges with a distraught Brock to form something else entirely - a creature unlike anything he's ever faced. A 'Venom' that he may not be able to stop.

SPOILARS.

Sounds absolutely brilliant. I really can't wait for this. To put my anticipation into perspective, I very rarely look forward to stuff on the same level as say, the next big Zelda game. But this, Twilight Princess and Halo 3 are definately up there fighting for the top spot at the moment.

So, who do we speculate will be croaking this time around? Since Kirsten Dunst said she won't be reappearing as MJ, I guess it's viable she'll be taking the long road off the side of a building or something equally horrific for Peter to experience. Three bad guys at once is all pretty hectic, but saying that they're probably going to save the main Venom fight for the next movie.

Anyone else think Harry Osbourne is a little noob and the concept of him as a big bad guy AIR SURFING on one of those super hoverboard things just seems silly? Silly Harry Osbourne.

No I have to get a tissue to whipe the screen, thanks a lot.

Sounds a lot darker than the other two films, bring it on!

So Venom doesn't come from space anymore? A shame

i was thinking that. it is a bit of a cop out i think.

That sounds so good, though i was aprehensive(sp?) when i heard it would feature 3 villians (sandman, venom, harry-green goblin). Also i'm concerned on how well mr. Grace will pull off Eddie Brock, i herad he's gain a lot of muscle for the role but i can't find pics, are here any?

Also i'm so happy they aren't going to skip Spiderman havin the symbiote(sp?) 1st, i thought they might, it's gonna be so cool seeing the Black Spiderman suit (again are there any pics of this yet?), but now i'm worried about the lenght of the film and the amount of story (especailly character wise) they need to go through. Like will there be enough time to have Parker get the Black Suit, get somewhat evil cause of it, deal with, want to get rid of it, find a way to get rid of it and then for Eddie to get it, mess with Parkers head and have (possibly the most anticipated comic-film fight in history), aswell there's all the Sandman and Green Goblin 2 going on. And the possible romance between Parker and Gwen...aahhhh how are they gonna fit it all into one 2 hour film?

I don't think they'll change the origin of the Symbiote(sp?) they've already introduced JJ's son, so that has to be for the Symbiote(sp?) origin story.

SPOILARS.

So, who do we speculate will be croaking this time around? Since Kirsten Dunst said she won't be reappearing as MJ, I guess it's viable she'll be taking the long road off the side of a building or something equally horrific for Peter to experience.

That's a good theory, and with the introduction of Gewn they could be tryin to shock fans with a role reversal of what happens in the comics....although that's a very touchy subject for most Spidey fans and could piss people off more than anything, and i do remember them saying they want to keep the basic premise of the comics intact so as to avoid that.

On Kirsten leaving, i don't think that warrants killin off the character, Toby isn't gonna resprise his role after this either, does that mean they'll kill off Peter?

I remember the director said he wants to make 9 films (3 trilogies), so what i think will happen is they'll prolly have a different set of "main" actors (Peter, MJ and possibly Aunt May, JJ <but i hope that actor stays for it all, he palys JJ so well>) for each trilogy

venom never came from space, the symbiote did....

oh man i just hope they get venom right, if they do OH JESUS MERCIFAL CRAP...awesome shit

Sounds sweet can't wait for it.I almost cried in the first one with someone close to him dying and now someone else will :( .Im worried about the amount they're trying to put in the movie, I mean 3 villians will be great but trying to cram that much in 2 - 2 1/2 hours might be hard unless they keep most of Venom for the 4th

Sounds sweet can't wait for it.I almost cried in the first one with someone close to him dying and now someone else will :( .Im worried about the amount they're trying to put in the movie, I mean 3 villians will be great but trying to cram that much in 2 - 2 1/2 hours might be hard unless they keep most of Venom for the 4th

I would have thought that thats what they'll do, introduce him at the end of the film so that you know what to expect in the next. Kinda like when Harry found all his dads Green Goblin stuff at the end of the second - you know he's gonna be in the third!

*goes to change pants*

:(

That's not related to this thread though, is it?

Spider-man 3

The first a young woman named Gwen Stacy, daughter of the city's new police chief who is developing a soft spot for Peter.

050518_howard_hmed_3p.widec.jpg

8616bcfea3.jpg

No thanks.

That's a good idea, it'll round off the 1st trilogy with it being the "Goblin Trilogy", and they'll prolly make the 2nd Trilogy the "Venom Trilogy". Although it just means waiting another 4 - 5 years to see Spidey and Venom going web to web and fist to fist

Also i could be wrong (memory is a bit fuzzy) but i don't remember gwen being a red head?

Edit: now i remember what i remember her from, she the one from The Village, she was pretty good in that and not the worst looker IMO

It be cool if they made a set of Venom films seperate from the main plot, theres alot to go on with that although i doubt they would be a popular as the Spidey films.

It be cool if they made a set of Venom films seperate from the main plot, theres alot to go on with that although i doubt they would be a popular as the Spidey films.

I didn't mean it like that, although i do remember reading about a year ago that a studio did get the rights to make a Venom film, problem was they changed the story so much the only thing that tied it to Venom was the spider mark on his chest, but there was no Spiderman involved in this script they ended up canning it... thankfully.

Anyway what i meant was how they planned to make 9 films (3 trilogies), they'll most likely have each trilogy centre around a certain villian. Like in these first 3 it is Green Goblin as the main villain, in the next three it could most likely be Venom (prolly even introduce Carnage at the end of the 5th film and have Spidey deal with both symbitoe freaks in the 6th) and then have the 3rd and final trilogy deal with i don't know, erm, the clone saga from the comics?

Thinking on the "someone will die" if it was MJ they could do like in the cartoon where MJ "dissappeared" and then have Spidey get her back at the end of the final film:hmm:

Well Franklin you seem to know alot about this :)

So what exactly is the difference between Venom and Carnage?

I though venom was spider man, as it took over him from his suit, didn't they then edit the comics to change it to him being an alien as not to upset fans, or am I just talking jibberish?

I though venom was spider man, as it took over him from his suit, didn't they then edit the comics to change it to him being an alien as not to upset fans, or am I just talking jibberish?

Sounds like Gibberish to me.

why are the main actors leaving? would they be making more money on spiderman 3, then any other movies there set to do this yr? or is it because there afraid they will be type cast?

Well Franklin you seem to know alot about this :)

So what exactly is the difference between Venom and Carnage?

There isn't much difference really. Carnage is a symbiote just like Venom, After spider-man defeats Venom and crap, the symbiote comes to break Eddie Brock out of jail and leaves behind a "child" which bonds with Eddie's cellmate Cletus Kasady, who is serving 11 consecutive life sentences and is pretty insane.

Carnage is just alot more retarded and insane than Venom. lol