NEurope
djamb3

Tony Hawk: Downhill Jam

tonyhawkdownhilljam_1144185989.jpg

I really don't know what to expect of this title yet, but it's apparently a launch game for Revolution courtesy the good folks at Activision. No official announcement, but multiple sources have said it's on the way. I suppose it has something to do with downhill skating. Or maybe not. But whatever the case, it's always good to see the Hawk on a new platform. I hope Activision does something interesting with the controller.

in matt-ign

well I'm a bit tired of Tony Hawk games but what do you guys think?

I loved Tony Hawk's American Sk8land on the DS. The thing i like about it is that it took a different approach to the genre and the Tony Hawk games. I can see this doing the same, really.

Although they churn these games out like a Fifa or Mario themed party, they seem to provide some fun, predictable gaming to pass the time, usuaally on boxing day ;)

Look forward to it.

I'm not expecting this game to use the FHC to its max potential. Just your basic flick to jump method, thats about it.:hmm:

This is going to be an interesting one. will you have to move the controller like the skateboard? i reckon it'll us the nun-chuck attachment, and you'll use the A, B, Z1, and Z2 for different types of tricks, combined with controller movements.

I got well bored of Tony Hawks after the 3rd one..

If this echoes Tony Hawk's 2 then I might get it.. but really the lifespan of these games is really quite limited.

I completed 3 on Boxing Day and took it back and got Jak and Daxter which lasted months.

I'm not expecting this game to use the FHC to its max potential. Just your basic flick to jump method, thats about it.:hmm:

You seriously underestimate it- you would be able to tweak grabs and providing the hardware is responsive then you can hold them as long as the air will hold you.. things like these will make it quite an individual and stylistic exerience that pushing 4 buttons cannot give.

For grinds there would be real time balancing skills involved and you can do transfers between grinds so much easier by tweaking the controller mid grind.

To build up speed you can pump the controller up and down.. I think it's quite solid but will feel like it's bolted onto a classic Tony Hawks game the first time around.

the title "downhill jam" just makes me think that it might be more of an ssx type game rather than the normal version.

Theres something weird about the placement of the FHC in that pic :/

o christ not ANOTHER tony hawks game god all fuking mighty let it die.

i liked the games back in the origninal tony hawks games back on the n64/ps but now when i play them its just to unrealistic and not very fun to play IMO!

meh o well cant stop it in a forum post so ill just go sulk in a corner ;)

The 2 player downhill races in the first game were so much fun - if they make a return this would be f**king awesome I do believe.

You seriously underestimate it- you would be able to tweak grabs and providing the hardware is responsive then you can hold them as long as the air will hold you.. things like these will make it quite an individual and stylistic exerience that pushing 4 buttons cannot give.

For grinds there would be real time balancing skills involved and you can do transfers between grinds so much easier by tweaking the controller mid grind.

To build up speed you can pump the controller up and down.. I think it's quite solid but will feel like it's bolted onto a classic Tony Hawks game the first time around.

Yeah you're probably right, but I was thinking the same thing at first and I then would a person who doesn't play games be interested in playing this if he had to move the FHC in so many different ways to get a combo. I mean if all the button combinations of a TH game turned them off and away, then this might turn them off even more.

Isn't downhill skating where the dude lies on his back on a skateboard, and goes downhill? So if it is I reckon that there would be no need for grinds, or 900s or the like. They'll probably add some jumps to it to make it fun, but I don't think that this will be like the other hawks. Or at least hope that it isn't.

Isn't downhill skating where the dude lies on his back on a skateboard, and goes downhill? So if it is I reckon that there would be no need for grinds, or 900s or the like. They'll probably add some jumps to it to make it fun, but I don't think that this will be like the other hawks. Or at least hope that it isn't.

I don't knowif the Tony Hawk's fan will buy that.. only reason why SSX shone is because you can do those crazy unrealistic tricks and combos.

As a snowboard simulator it sucks.

The idea of downhill skateboarding is quite.. linear and would require little to no user imput.

Remember Tony Hawks is a 99% non violent game (age ratings), there wont be any punching the crap out of each other on the way down the hill.

It will probably be the lowest grossing Tony Hawks ever if it is the case that it is a pure breed downhill game. I can't imagine a much more boring skate game- Skateboarding is more popular than baseball in America but downhill is still extremely niche.

Well I was kinda hoping that activisions can throw some innovations to the basic downhill skating idea. But I'm just tired of the hawk games. I don't think that much have been added to them since thps3.

Ill probably get it, but i don't know how it'd work with the fhc (i doubt it will).

Maybe stand on the controller

Well i enjoyed them all. I'm a little curious on how the Revolution controller is going to work and if they use it to it's full potential.

I'll be keeping my eye out on it, but i won't buy it if it's lazy (on the controller front).

I'm really looking forward to this, still!

Tony Hawks games have always been highly addictive! I've literally loved playing everyone so far! So i'm still getting it!

I'm also getting Project 8, it will be hard to not compare them...but i wonder which one is actually more fun to play and better?

(Just read my post in April, where we didn't know the Revolution would be called 'Wii' and many other things, strange looking back! :cry: )

look at the state of that tree in there?i swear the ds graphics are better

Problem is you'll be zipping by it too fast to notice :heh: