NEurope

Wasn't that a case of the pot calling the kettle black in the Rep thread over in Gen Chit Chat?

People being labelled "arsey" for asking questions yet the response of a whinge and the getting rid of the rep system right away in response was hardly grown up was it?

If you guys firmly believe in it why haven't you kept it?

Edit: Yo Yo, I'm pretty sure your poll went because it was crap.

I just saw that thread now, it makes some valid points. However, it is a shame that the rep system couldn't work as it seemed fun. Oh well, it seems we will have to go on with out.

Wasn't that a case of the pot calling the kettle black in the Rep thread over in Gen Chit Chat?

People being labelled "arsey" for asking questions yet the response of a whinge and the getting rid of the rep system right away in response was hardly grown up was it?

If you guys firmly believe in it why haven't you kept it?

Edit: Yo Yo, I'm pretty sure your poll went because it was crap.

So, what you saying? We were wrong to get rid of the rep system? Exactly what i meant when i said we're always in a lose-lose situation. :hmm:

Is there a report on when we may be getting a darker theme, my brightness is down to 0 and I still don't like to look at it directly for too long.

No idea. Different schemes are on the cards, but we won't be just coming up with new schemes or layouts every 10 mins. :)

I'd say we'll definitely have 1 or 2 done for sure by christmas.

About reputation points. I can't see what the big deal is. I think it's a good thing, but it shouldn't be taken too seriously. Yeah if you agree with somebody's post, or like something they've posted, then sure, give them good rep. If you don't like what they've posted give them bad rep. If somebody gives you bad or good rep unduely, then you should report it. That's how it should work.

Doesn't really bother me it's gone though, although it would be nice to see it working. I wouldn't mind some sort of public post count being displayed. It just gives you an idea of the most active users and things like that. Spammers should just be banned straight out, no chances. I think these sorts of trackers add to the experience of message boards.

+rep plz.

Post count +1.

;)

So, what you saying? We were wrong to get rid of the rep system? Exactly what i meant when i said we're always in a lose-lose situation. :hmm:

Nope, I'm not saying you were wrong to get rid of the rep system, it wasn't my decision to make anyhow.

I completely agree you were in a lose-lose situation, I'm just saying if you guys think you're right you should stick with your decision rather than change things because a handfull of folks disagree. I'm sure you'd have found lots of folks sticking up for it had you given the debate a chance to open up and progress a little.

Personally I don't mind either way, so I don't care what you do with the rep thing, I can see the merits of arguments both for and against it.

i was against it at the start along with my no post count war cry.

im glad its gone, i could see it just turning into trouble and more elitism (i hate that word) which we are trying to get rid of in our new home.

The idea of reputation points is its different from post counts. If used correctly a high rep point count means you are a good poster, a high post count however does not (necessarily).

hmm, i think it was the wrong decision to remove reputation points, i hated the idea at first but then it grew on me. just wondering, what was the reason for their removal? i suppose i'd be a bit miffed too though if i was an old-timer and newbies started getting better reputations than me.

Yo Ashley, I know it was supposed to be different. I still think a public post count would be good. I know it doesn't indicate whether you're a good poster or not, like the reputation point system should, but I still think a public post count should be displayed.

As for the rep point system, bring it back. If you guys think you can make it work, then do it. Perhaps you should set aside some time in the posting week to trawl through peoples' profiles looking for people who have taken advantage of the system. That way it would easily work.

haha, right.

Reinstate rep points plz, got +2 waiting lolo11l1l1o1L!!!L!!L!L!LLLOLOLOL!!!

But seriously....

in short - some users kicked up a fuss, ash and fierce were put in a difficult situation, rep was removed, some users kicked up a fuss.

Oh come on, it was hardly kicking up a fuss. I don't understand why that thread was locked, we could have come to a much better compromise had it been discussed rather than swept away with extremities put into position.

Oh come on, it was hardly kicking up a fuss. I don't understand why that thread was locked, we could have come to a much better compromise had it been discussed rather than swept away with extremities put into position.

sorry, i'm just a bit dramatic, i didn't mean it to be a back-handed insult to anyone. i do agree that an open discussion would have brought about a better resolution though.