NEurope

It's a while now since I've had a rant about birthday threads

And nothing has changed. Im still getting rid of them after a day or two. As I said, for some reason July is full of birthdays.

Perhaps the selection of who gets them should be tightened, but the birthday threads themselves are not going anywhere.

It's a while now since I've had a rant about birthday threads, but it's getting fucking ridiculous now. There's a new one every day, and it's not even limited to established members, all manner of no mark 10 post retards are getting birthday wishes from people keen to create a spamming opportunity and boost their post count. :mad:

If you want the real reason we started doing those threads, it's because we thought it would be annoying. Hey, guess what? It was. It has nothing to do with post counts, which are no longer even relevant.

It would have continued until the matter was addressed, but the rapid response team didn't take too long to nip it in the bud, so it's over now. You can stop being angry.

Just wondering, even though there isnt any type of swearing filter in the forums, why my home town is censored. Its bad enough being mocked by people, but when non-sentient (hopefully) forum code does it, its makes me sad/mildly amused.

Its because the four letters follow 'S' are censored. (The only word that is)

Ah ok, cheers for the reply. Shame that word is an integral part of my home town, but if your going to filter one word i guess its the best choice. I guess the only way to get round the filter is to move to a better place.

Yeah but I am exited to wait for it

I guess they're referring to the Games Convention and the possible announcement of a release date for Wii. Could be wrong though ::shrug:

Or the site will be viewable in full 3D with a Visor from now on:idea:

I'm sure it's about the server change and an overal change in the site's visual or something.

It still seems to be giving me login problems. I'm on Firefox, and have cleared my cookies. It enables me to log in to post, but it doesn't keep me logged in when I come back after lunch.

I can log in on revo-europe.com/forum, but not on n-europe.com/forum. I tried logging out and deleting my cookies, but it doesn't work. Any help?

I think I've done something (well I know I have, I think I've done something useful I should say), anyone else still getting cookie login problems?

I think I've done something (well I know I have, I think I've done something useful I should say), anyone else still getting cookie login problems?

It works perfectly now.:)

Ah this auto merging diuble posts is annoying!

I have a topic in the tech thread after help for installing a new hard drive, someone posted a reply so I replied to that saying I would try it out. I still have a problem with it but when I try to ask another question the posts just move, and due to this the topic doesn't move to the top of the board! This means that no-one will realise another question is there!?

Any way to get around this or can someone bump it for me or something?

It stops automerging after 24 or 48 hours, cant remember. Just get someone to bump it, and I'll delete the bump later if you link me.