NEurope

I agree. Like I'd have made a Green Hornet thread as seeing it tomorrow but its probably near pointless.

Just like the film itself.

But as I said the other day - threads aren't rated in terms of posts. Stop being size queens. Some of my threads have not been posted in, doesn't mean I regret it or whatever.

Yeah, but I'm saying...I think there should be a general film musing/discussion thread. Films generate discussion, but you can't just exclusively talk about ONE film. Talking bout one film always leads to another, or a discussion of a director's work, or a certain actor, or themes present in multiple films etc.

I just hate pointlessness. With music, as I said, I think it's fine as is. But film is being stifled.

I just hate pointlessness.

Oh really!?! OH REALLY!?!?!

(Truth be told I was only replying to ReZ. Don't really have the time to respond to the rest, gotta be up early for a flight to Holland).

24l234j.jpg

Sorry haters. I was actually speaking with Dan Dare the other day about how the new regime works brilliantlyslashok with music. :awesome:

Sweet! I'm glad we agree dude.

Your fear of "pretension" is really unnerving Dyson, and more often than not uncalled-for.

I have no fear of ""pretension"" at all. C'mon. I listen to Arcade Fire.

Frankie%20sticking%20her%20tongue%20out%20February%202001-713947.jpg

Also, as for the film idea.. if you want to discuss the intricacies of films that are or are not relevant to modern day society then I would muse that this is not the place to do so. Perhaps another forum would be more appropriate for such discussion. I'm not saying it shouldn't be allowed, but it's not gonna turn in to a megathread (nor should it).

But as I said the other day - threads aren't rated in terms of posts. Stop being size queens. Some of my threads have not been posted in, doesn't mean I regret it or whatever.

No I'm not saying they are, and I clearly have no problem with creating with small and specific threads, but a film thread would be better for everyone. You could pop in and say "Anyone planning on seeing X"

Whereas "Anyone planning on seeing X" as a thread is ubersilt.

No I'm not saying they are, and I clearly have no problem with creating with small and specific threads, but a film thread would be better for everyone. You could pop in and say "Anyone planning on seeing X"

Whereas "Anyone planning on seeing X" as a thread is ubersilt.

Which is why you should make a thread about X, and then you can ask people if they're seeing it there.

There's not really much of an overhaul you can do. It just needs moderation and users.

Once I reinstall IRC on my PC I'll be in there whenever my PC is on, as I was before.

The chat room is just a window to IRC. We didn't build the system, and it's significantly more complex than you may realise.

Out of curiosity, what aspects do you think need a rehaul?

The chat room is just a window to IRC. We didn't build the system, and it's significantly more complex than you may realise.

Out of curiosity, what aspects do you think need a rehaul?

Well, the lay-out for sure (get Redshell on board) and perhapsbthe use of emoticons would be nice....

In any case, the grey-squarishness is incredibly 2010.

To be honest, you should use an external client for IRC rather than the browser embedded thing, which is bound to be worse.

Oh, you just mean the design? Well, to be fair I threw that together in about 30 seconds. As 'grunch says, grab an irc client like mIRC or hydrairc.

24l234j.jpg

Sorry haters. I was actually speaking with Dan Dare the other day about how the new regime works brilliantlyslashok with music. :awesome:

Your fear of "pretension" is really unnerving Dyson, and more often than not uncalled-for.

I'm referring to the resurrection/creation of a FILM THREAD.

We need some sort of generic film thread. That can be thripped, or rather just people know if it's a current, popular movie being predominantly discussed.

We can make individual threads about musicians, and even though the threads are short, they're maybe more effective at actually getting people to listen to what you're talking about. So NO ACTUALLY MUSIC IS FINE.

I want to discuss/talk about films that aren't current/popular, but the threads will die a death. See; Cabaret, Twin Peaks (Tv Show whatever) etc etc. Sure you could argue "Well the interest wouldn't be there in your proposed thread like it wasn't in the individual threads", but then it would take place in a much more appropriate environment. A little melting pot of filmic musings and thoughts. Rather than having to ANNOUNCE a film and your reasoning for it being thread-worthy and wait for other people's opinions.

I'm a film student who wants to talk about films and film theory and it seems a glaring omission of gen chit chat to ban this kinda talk unless it's in the form of hundreds of empty, cluttering threads.

I actually think you have a slight point there. If the thread was moderated heavily and any discussion about a certain film got too long it could be thripped. However I don't agree with your statement of "hundreds of empty, cluttering threads" mainly because it is a forum and that is the point of them, a discussion board. Creating new threads should be encouraged rather than discourage.

But it's still like a Facebook status update though, if no one likes or comments on it you're secretly disappointed? :heh:

But it's still like a Facebook status update though, if no one likes or comments on it you're secretly disappointed? :heh:

Most of my statuses are non-sequiters. People don't respond in real life, I don't expect them to on Facebook :p

I can't seem to stay logged in anymore.

Nothing has changed in terms of settings, I've checked all the usual stuff and yes I check that box saying remember me.

Other websites are fine, just this one.

Kind of why I don't post as much now, I go to reply and see I'm not logged in and just end up closing the tab.

A few people including me have had this problem - deleting the cookies associated with this site and trying again normally fixes it.

Hi!

I know this is a site issue and not a board issue but I couldn't find anywhere else to put it.

When I view N-Europe on my iPad, the news column is lacking a background and is consequently the same colour as the text. It's fine in any other web browser, just on the iPad (and I imagine the iPod too).

I don't have time now but I'll post a picture later if this doesn't make sense.

Sorry for still being such a noob after 2 years, but: HOW DOES ONE QUOTE MORE THAN 1 POST ?