NEurope

How can you make groups, it tells you in your profile if your a member of any public groups, how do you make em.

My immediate thought would be it means groups such as Admins, Site Staff etc which is here: http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showgroups.php

But then it doesnt say im in any groups on my profile, when I should be in two. Ill delve further into it (tomorrow, beddy byes soon) but it could be that (but why they dont show up on view profile im not sure).

If it is we may allow users to form groups in the future but its something the staff'll have to talk about, to make sure people don't become too cliquey.

I love the way people immediately abuse the gender field (including me). It shows a wonderful sense of humour and stubbornness not to do what we are supposed to do.

I love the way people immediately abuse the gender field (including me). It shows a wonderful sense of humour and stubbornness not to do what we are supposed to do.

I wanted Unknown but got as far as 'Unknow' before having to rethink my entire strategy.

Bob and Shmotz: Yeah, the gender field will just end up being abused really. So, it's not going to really help determine who's male or female. Which is a bit crappy because that was what the field was intended for.

Cheapshot: It's been mentioned a few times in this thread. Try reading thru it, it's already been explained in depth. :heh:

Eevil: Nah, i reckon we should keep it. Besides, 10 characters is really not much anyway. Imo, a post with less than 10 character doesn't deserve posting. :hmm:

As shown above there are ways of getting around the character limit. Quote to see the magic.

As shown above there are ways of getting around the character limit. Quote to see the magic.

Yeah, but why would you want a blank post? And it's a bit extreme to do that to try and get past a 10 character limit. :heh:

They have to post 25 times to give me rep' points? Why? :confused:

Yeah, but why would you want a blank post? And it's a bit extreme to do that to try and get past a 10 character limit. :heh:

You don't have to have a blank post. If you want a post that's less than 10 characters stick

[blank.gifimg]http://www.james.pike.dsl.pipex.com/blank.gif[/img]

on the end after your text.

(It has other uses too, check out my above img tags appearing as text.)

You don't have to have a blank post. If you want a post that's less than 10 characters stick

[blank.gifimg]http://www.james.pike.dsl.pipex.com/blank.gif[/img]

on the end after your text.

(It has other uses too, check out my above img tags appearing as text.)

Yeah, but isn't that going to far to try and avoid a 10 character limit? I find it hard to believe that anyone could manage a post with less than 10 characters to be honest. o_O

Horseshit. I wanted to post "yes" to Blackfox's post in the caption topic but alas I couldn't without going into some indepth analysis.

What if someone asked you a yes or no question? You'd have to add some random bollocks to make up.

Horseshit. I wanted to post "yes" to Blackfox's post in the caption topic but alas I couldn't without going into some indepth analysis.

What if someone asked you a yes or no question? You'd have to add some random bollocks to make up.

You see, for that post, i could have just typed in "no" and clicked post. That's if we didn't have the limit. But the limit is there to stop spamming and people just posting one word answers. It's a discussion forum, and yes or no answers don't encourage discussion.

That depends, the next person could post "why/not?" [Obviously have to add some bullshit to go over 10.] then the discussion can flow.

So this forum discriminates those who want their answers short and sweet! :(

That depends, the next person could post "why/not?" [Obviously have to add some bullshit to go over 10.] then the discussion can flow.

So this forum discriminates those who want their answers short and sweet! :(

I dunno, i think posting just one word is a bit 'cheap' really. Also, does anyone else find it annoying when just posts "wtf?" or "lol"? The point of the 10 character system is to get rid of posts like that.

I dunno, i think posting just one word is a bit 'cheap' really. Also, does anyone else find it annoying when just posts "wtf?" or "lol"? The point of the 10 character system is to get rid of posts like that.

What the f**k?

(Just got past the 10 character limit by saying that, same effect, same number of words, but not spamming, apparently)

What the f**k?

(Just got past the 10 character limit by saying that, same effect, same number of words, but not spamming, apparently)

We could always make the limit higher if you wanted. :wink:

They have to post 25 times to give me rep' points? Why? :confused:

Its explained in this thread and in the Karma rules thread so this'll be brief: because otherwise someone could get a friend to make an account and just give them loads of karma. Its a preventative measure.

Ten characters is not much. Spell out initialisations or just detail something, eg "why=why do you fell that way?" or something. Posts which are "naturally" gonna be less than 10 characters should be rare anyway. Its like complaining that there will be short periods of times when we'll be down for upgrades and such. Its rare, deal with it :P

What are the post counts needed for the titles underneath your name (Settled in, etc)? I know post counts don't matter anymore ( :indeed: ), but it would be nice to know when I'm not going to be settled in anymore....

Same as the old boards, the landmark posts are:

So you need 118 posts more.