NEurope

there are to many options in the admin panel >_<

where for art tho xsorbit!? heh

Haha, we had some fun looking for a few particular options, didn't we? :lmao:

God, compared to xsorbit, this is like brain surgery.

Haha, we had some fun looking for a few particular options, didn't we? :lmao:

God, compared to xsorbit, this is like brain surgery.

ah yes hours of searhing the admin panel before finally finding what we needed :no:

Universities should offer a Degree in vBulletin.

Template customisation would take a years worth of study alone....

I'm not the connoisseur of all this V Bulletin shizzle, but would it be possible to turn on the option to see who gave us rep points?

I see comments, but I don't know who gave them. I need to know who these harpies of a most angelic fashion are.

I'm not the connoisseur of all this V Bulletin shizzle, but would it be possible to turn on the option to see who gave us rep points?

I see comments, but I don't know who gave them. I need to know who these harpies of a most angelic fashion are.

People who gave negative rep points may wish to remain anonymous though. Perhaps people should just leave their names in the comment section.

People who gave negative rep points may wish to remain anonymous though. Perhaps people should just leave their names in the comment section.

If someone says something negative about another person, surely they should say who they are and why they said it. Then I can hunt them down and punch them in the mouth.

I agree with the punch them in the mouth comment.

People shouldn't hide behind things.

Made a gender field. New members will need to fill it in, but for all those who have already joint will need to edit it through the control panel. Quite why the font is bigger im not sure, I'll try and check it out.

You can see who gave you Karma points in your CP. I think normal members couldnt before (but I could as im an admin) but I think I've changed it. If someone can check for me that'd be great. Working on making them show up on the particular post.

Keep throwing questions/suggestions at me and I'll keep trying.

Made a gender field. New members will need to fill it in, but for all those who have already joint will need to edit it through the control panel. Quite why the font is bigger im not sure, I'll try and check it out.

You can see who gave you Karma points in your CP. I think normal members couldnt before (but I could as im an admin) but I think I've changed it. If someone can check for me that'd be great. Working on making them show up on the particular post.

Keep throwing questions/suggestions at me and I'll keep trying.

Ash saves the day again. \o/

Woo go me. Accidentilly (I know thats spelt wrong but bah) changed it so it shows the amount of rep you have as well. Not what I meant to do but what do you all think?

Still working on the reputation comment appears on the particular post.

Woo go me. Accidentilly (I know thats spelt wrong but bah) changed it so it shows the amount of rep you have as well. Not what I meant to do but what do you all think?

Still working on the reputation comment appears on the particular post.

I think it's a good idea, although the font, like the gender font, is too big.

EDIT: How can you view the karma for another member? I can't see the option on their profile.

Err, yeah, you can see who gives you reputation now. I'm not sure that I wanted to know who said "Owario makes me horny." though. Thanks Atif.

It seems I'm still on 10 points however. What's the deal with that?

Err, yeah, you can see who gives you reputation now. I'm not sure that I wanted to know who said "Owario makes me horny." though. Thanks Atif.

But you can't see who gave another member reputation.

But you can't see who gave another member reputation.

1. It tells you in your user CP.

2. It tells you when you click 'Add to X's Reputation'

I'm not sure that I wanted to know who said "Owario makes me horny." though. Thanks Atif.

No problem. Just contributing to society.

Yes, I'm also wondering about this. Some of them seem to have been cut short.

The font size im still working on.

Goon Face, did you mean you can't see who gave who reputation? So you can't see who gave Owario reputation say?

Think ive found a hack so the reputation comments appear on that post in a seperate box. But I need Tim (who owns the license) to sort all that out.

Oh and the 10 points Ive seen about that. Dont think each comment = 1 point say. Will look into it. It could be because members need at least 30 posts before reputation comments count. May lower it slightly but too low and we could get spammy noobs messing with the system.

Goon Face, did you mean you can't see who gave who reputation? So you can't see who gave Owario reputation say?

Think ive found a hack so the reputation comments appear on that post in a seperate box. But I need Tim (who owns the license) to sort all that out.

Oh and the 10 points Ive seen about that. Dont think each comment = 1 point say. Will look into it.

Yeah, that's what I'm on about. I would like to see who gave who reputation if that is possible.

I think be able to see that far into the reputation game is juxtaposed to privacy invasion. I don't want people knowing who I'm having e-sex with.

Made the two fonts smaller. Still looking into reputation points and how they work, cause Athriller has 11 points somehow.

Problem is im not the one who bought this vB so I can't ask at the vB help forums, just simply hope someone else has. That and rely on my past experience with vB so some things may take a while.

Actually just found this by an admin at vB forums. "but reputation comments are not visible for everyone on the forum." which I think means one user cannot see another users reputation. However if issues arise where you think people are abusing this system admins can check whos giving what. Ill add it to the Karma FAQ so people know what to do.

Hmm Lammie seems to know better than me:

The thing with reputation points at the moment is that they take ages build up because everyone is new and has hardly any posts so no one has much reputation power (more posts, length of time that you've been registered, being an admin or mod, etc all increase how much rep points you can give someone).

So basically the more you post (no spam!) and stick around the more points you will give others. So members with less than 25 (changed it) posts don't give any points, but a member who has been here for three years and has 6,000 posts (which isn't possible at the mo I know) will give many more points (lets say 20 but thats just at eg)

Can you change the number of threads (not posts) shown per forum board? (So that threads don't fall off the first page so quickly.) When there are a lot of active threads it's a bit annoying having to go to the second page.

Any chance I can have enough space to write "Autobot" in the gender field?

BTW, is there anything to stop groups of friends just leaving loads of positive karma for their friends to get these "rep points"?