NEurope

Yeah makes sense. I just hate the fact the forum software just doesn't plainly tell me what the problem is. "it's not in a supported format" is obviously bullshit.

• Like 1

On 28/12/2020 at 2:12 PM, Sméagol said:

Yeah makes sense. I just hate the fact the forum software just doesn't plainly tell me what the problem is. "it's not in a supported format" is obviously bullshit.

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tends to be the difficult ones.[1]"

Not to be my actual usual political self but I do wanna say - null values are one helluva of a drug....hehehe.

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Who coloured in the N-Europe logo to red? I don't like change! 

It was a necessary change for the new header I made:

QkwErUQ.jpg

But blame @Ashley, because it's actually his fault. :heh:

• Thanks 2

Does that header not show up on mobile or has it not went live yet?

Also, just because your name is RedShell doesn't mean you can just change things to the colour red as you please. I demand a vote on such things!

• Haha 1

Few things:

1) I need to update the CSS so it only shows up on that one theme rather than all sorry Mobile should be back to what it was and had a quick check of the other themes and they seem fine.

2) No, mobile has its own standard header.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Does that header not show up on mobile or has it not went live yet?

There might be a slight delay before it shows up, yeah. It's not showing on the main site just yet either.

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Also, just because your name is RedShell doesn't mean you can just change things to the colour red as you please. I demand a vote on such things!

Hehehe! Like I said, that particular change was done by Ashley. And it was a good one, because some silly person *cough* didn't actually realise that the logo would be pretty much invisible on that header otherwise. :heh:

It's been a while since I made one of these, that's my excuse anyway. :laughing:

• Haha 1

It must be hard to design banners these days when you have to make them 20,000 pixels wide and roughly 5 pixels tall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Magnus said:

It must be hard to design banners these days when you have to make them 20,000 pixels wide and roughly 5 pixels tall.

Yeah, that certainly doesn’t help matters. :hehe: 

I do miss the days of the forum sharing the exact same layout as the main site one.

1 hour ago, Magnus said:

In fairness if you ignore the dead zone it's only about 1000 pixels wide and 5 pixels tall.

That's true. I don't know what RedShell is complaining about. I'm sure there's plenty of official artwork with roughly those dimensions.

29 minutes ago, Magnus said:

That's true. I don't know what RedShell is complaining about. I'm sure there's plenty of official artwork with roughly those dimensions.

Hell there's a 4000x4000 pixel version of the N-E logo out there. 

Although from what I remember of Nintendo's press packs they sure love their bitmap files which I always found odd.

Apparently embedded reddit videos autoplay. Can this be turned off?

And another, is it possible to remove the notification alert in the menu on top, when you've already clicked the notification pop-up at the bottom?

Can someone remind me where the ignore button for members is? I just managed to take someone off ignore by accident and now can’t find the option again 😆 

25 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Can someone remind me where the ignore button for members is? I just managed to take someone off ignore by accident and now can’t find the option again 😆 

Top right, dropdown menu. The rest is self explanatory :p

10 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Top right, dropdown menu. The rest is self explanatory :p

Hmmm, still not seeing it. I’ll try again later on PC. Maybe it’s missing in the tablet version (or I’m just missing it).

Edit: Oh wait I see what you mean. There used to be another way to do it straight from posts (or maybe the person’s profile?) so that’s what I was looking for. The way you mean will do though.

Edited by Happenstance
  • Like 1

If only we could stop their posts turning up in quoted text.

That "Posts" section on the right side of the main forum also has to go. It shows posts from ignored users, as well :(

Edited by drahkon

Not sure if this is the right thread for this or not but I'm getting warnings from my McAfee WebAdvisor on this site saying "We tested this page and blocked content that comes from potentially dangerous or suspicous sites. Allow this content only if you're sure it comes from safe sites".

Never got these notifications before on the site, have malicious adds snuck into the system or something?

On 18/06/2021 at 10:32 PM, Aperson said:

Not sure if this is the right thread for this or not but I'm getting warnings from my McAfee WebAdvisor on this site saying "We tested this page and blocked content that comes from potentially dangerous or suspicous sites. Allow this content only if you're sure it comes from safe sites".

Never got these notifications before on the site, have malicious adds snuck into the system or something?

I believe this has something to do with how the main site is hosted, as this seems to happen daily on the site, all of the text appears but not the images, and then every link seems to send the user to 'ftp.n-europe.com' instead of 'n-europe.com' or something to that effect, if this happens, it's best to reload the main page in a new tab, (there's no point in refreshing once you've clicked on an 'ftp' link as it just remains stuck) or try again in half an hour or so, as it only seems to happen at around eleven - midday or eleven - midnight.

It's far from ideal, but it's down to how the site is hosted, I believe. We're grateful for the hosting of course, and this may be something which could be fixed with some kind of redirect, as I was talking with someone about it, who had suggested this when they spotted the error themselves, as they happen to work in that department, but it's not something that I'd be able to fix.

Spoiler

"You could probably fix it with a SAN cert though as it looks like the ftp links are valid they’re just not covered under your existing SSL certificate."

I'll mention @Shorty though I'm sure he's either aware of the issue, as I think it has been mentioned before, and it may just be a limitation/quirk due to how the site is hosted.

In fact, I've just checked... and currently while most of the site is working fine, the error seems to be occuring on the Games page at the moment (though it does happen on the main page quite a lot) say, if I was to click on the Beautiful Desolation review from that page, instead of going to https://www.n-europe.com/reviews/beautiful-desolation it's currently redirecting to...

So instead of the usual review url where n-europe.com would be the usual prefix, instead it appears to be another server address...

Again though, in the time it has taken to check out the issue, and write about it in this post, the site has gone back to normal again now. ::shrug:

- - - - -

The whole site is down at the moment.

02:18 25/06/2021

'Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL'

Edited by S.C.G

So I've asked this before, but.. where do I add tags?

image.thumb.png.47124be4bfd20d7c02e12a60000794d0.png

Maybe @darksnowman can tell me, as he somehow added 4 to this topic:

It's under the title field when adding a topic but I guess if you can't see it it's only for staff (honestly can't recall as it's been years). 

17 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It's under the title field when adding a topic but I guess if you can't see it it's only for staff (honestly can't recall as it's been years). 

But Darksnowman isn't staff, or did some mod put those tags in afterwards?

27 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

But Darksnowman isn't staff, or did some mod put those tags in afterwards?

Yeah it'll be the latter then. And I'm trying to guess who based on "twister". 

• Weird 1