NEurope

Assuming the titles are based on post counts, is there anything beyond N-Europe Forum Aficionado?

32 minutes ago, will' said:

Assuming the titles are based on post counts, is there anything beyond N-Europe Forum Aficionado?

Only me.

(no, that's the highest)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S.C.G said:

We used to be able to change that part of the profile on the old forums (or some of us used to be able to maybe?) but this isn't currently possible, as far as I know, hence a lot of them are as they were when they were last changed on the old forum, I think?

As for your signature, doesn't it depend on the size of the image you used for your signature? If you wanted it to be bigger, wouldn't you just make the actual signature bigger to start with? Unless I'm missing something... I might be not understanding what you're asking. Edit - ah nevermind, I see what you mean, it's bigger where you initially uploaded it... hmm, I'm not sure.

It's saying I can only upload it for 600x150 (or something) but everyone else has a bigger signature.

I think* what you can upload and what you can embed are two different things.

*its not like I work here or anything

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Beast said:

It's saying I can only upload it for 600x150 (or something) but everyone else has a bigger signature.

Hmm, let's try something...

I've just uploaded your signature (or I should have, first time I've tried this) try copying the image location and paste that into your signature.

It could well be as @Ashley says though, upload and embed having different limits, but it probably wouldn't hurt to try it from this reuploaded signature, in case it makes a difference.

Beast-Signature.png

It says "Your chosen signature doesn't meet the guidelines"...did I do something wrong?

21 minutes ago, Beast said:

It says "Your chosen signature doesn't meet the guidelines"...did I do something wrong?

Nope, I think it's just the limitations, try this one... I've resized it so that it's 275 X 150 Pixels, which is a bit bigger than your current signature but within the limitations.

I kept the alpha channel in the background and adjusted the colour slightly so that it should appear either the same or close to your signature and kept the .png format.

Also, there it is without the colour correction, as just looking at the uploaded signature, the original looked better, it just appeared darker in the editor, anyway, take your pick, hopefully one of them will work. :D

BeastSignature.png

Beast-Signature.png

Edited by S.C.G

I've been gone a long time, but anyways I can't for the life of me workout how to upload or share pics on this new look forum.. 

Help plz

10 minutes ago, soag said:

I've been gone a long time, but anyways I can't for the life of me workout how to upload or share pics on this new look forum.. 

Help plz

Hey soag, welcome back. :smile:

If you want to share pictures on the forum, right click on the image you want to share, go to 'copy image location' and then paste it directly into the post...

content-4-36289-dkc.jpg

New games are coming to the NES and SNES apps next week

(text will also keep its properties if you copy and paste it, but you do have the option to paste it as plain text as well)

It should then be automatically embedded, if you also want to add a link to the image hold Ctrl, right-click, go to 'edit image' and you can link to stuff.

(you can also use that to edit the image slightly, though I haven't made much use of that beyond adding in links for articles.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions about posting on the forum, or the site or anything, let me know. :peace:

Edited by S.C.G

Testing

Testim-What-is-a-Test-Environment_-A-Gui

Does not seem to work on mobile.. Unless I'm doing it wrong hmm 

9 minutes ago, soag said:

Testing

https://images.app.goo.gl/qeFDAJ8htXWtQguF8

Does not seem to work on mobile.. Unless I'm doing it wrong hmm 

Was it this image you wanted to post?

Ah OK, it was, hmm this will probably need further troubleshooting.

Edited by S.C.G

I'm not sure what options you get when highlighting images on a phone, I only really post from a PC.

Aren't there options on the image when you perform the equivalent of a right-click?

(I've no idea when it comes to modern phones)

Maybe there's a way of just dragging and dropping the image? That would make more sense on a phone probably.

Edited by S.C.G

works great now i'm on my laptop...

ah site looks much better on a desktop can see sigs an all again... woohoo.

As far as I know, it's only triggered by people who have been visiting naughty websites.

18 minutes ago, bob said:

As far as I know, it's only triggered by people who have been visiting naughty websites.

Ah, that explains why I'm getting them as well! :grin: 

• Haha 2

Must be why I had absolutely no idea what you guys were talking about.

I heard from some other members that they’ve been popping up loads today, quite annoying they told me.

• Haha 1

I get them as well and have not visited any naughty sites (at least only as incognito :D) 

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

I visit naughty sites all the time and I don't get anything on NE.

well you havent asked me for any of them pictures on here for ages now...

I've only been getting these CAPTCHA's for the last couple of days and there haven't been any real differences in my browsing habits. 

Wouldn't be too annoying if I only had to verify once or twice a day but it seems to ask every time I visit. Also doesn't help that I'm awful at CAPTCHA's - starting to question if I really am human after all.