NEurope

Do you guys have a preferred hashtag for twitter? On the forum we use NE, everybody understands, but on twitter this should be more specific.

#NEurope

? This is what I saw @Dcubed using, and I think losing the dash for the hashtag is a good idea.

Edit: Hmm, I see #NEurope is already in use for political stuff.. May not be suitable either. Maybe keep the dash.. Or something else?

Edited by Sméagol
  • Thanks 1

That's a good question, never really thought about that. For the Mario Kart League we usually use #NELeague (so without the dash). 

Seeing that #NEurope is indeed politically loaded, I would say use #N-E or #N-Europe.

Is there any particular scenario you need the hashtag for? I'm guessing it's for Mario Maker, so we can also agree on different ones like #NEMaker. We already have #NELeague, can easily expand on that. #NEMaker, #NEPodPals, #NESmash, #NETokyoMirageSessionsSharpFEEncore...

I coined #NELeague! I used it for my tweets about the Mario Kart League, @BowserBasher started doing it too and now most people who take part tend to do so.

Widening it to include other games is a good idea. #NEGameTitleHere is a good consistent format that works well with a lot of games. So #NEMaker would work best in my opinion.

• Like 1

Could work (it still seems to be a bit generic to me, you'd have to check if it doesn't have any current associations like #NEurope does), but that still leaves us without any "official" way of referencing N-Europe in general.

If you want to reference the site maybe the best way is just to mention our Twitter account @N_Europe and for the rest use the #NEsomething format.

Of course, if you have a good suggestion shoot!

I propose we change the website back to Cube-Europe to avoid confusion.

• Like 1
  • Weird 1

3 minutes ago, bob said:

I propose we change the website back to Cube-Europe to avoid confusion.

Or Revolution-Europe

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

If you want to reference the site maybe the best way is just to mention our Twitter account @N_Europe and for the rest use the #NEsomething format.

Of course, if you have a good suggestion shoot!

Yeah this may just be me, but I don't want to unnecessarily @ someone (or something) when I just want to reference them! But I guess that's the easiest option.

Edit: but if changing the name of the site is a serious option, I propose Virtual-Boy-Europe.com

Edited by Sméagol

Look it's Hanafunda-Europe or nothing. That's the deal. 

Feel free to @ us, but yeah the hashtag thing is not ideal. Maybe #NEuropeForum if you wish. Unless there's some Northern European Forum that's going to be a problem. 

• Thanks 1

How do I post images from my phone on here? It used to be that you uploaded an image to photobucket or whatever and copied the link with [img ] things. Finding it harder and harder to find the direct link of images to post here, so can you just upload it outright? Only see an option for insert existing attachment. 

Cheers

You can't upload but if you copy and paste an image URL it should auto-embed it. I tend to use postimage.

• Thanks 1

I've found Imgur has issues when copying while on mobile then onto this site. It'll show as working and load the image but then when you post it doesn't show so I'd recommend staying clear unless you can access the desktop site to get full links.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Is my post showing up properly for others?

Screenshot-20200330-200118.png

So it's not. Twitter is fine, so is Youtube.. The forum isn't embedding them properly.

Mind giving me the URLs and I'll see if I can post them fine? Just to see if that makes a difference. 

On 30/03/2020 at 9:50 PM, Ashley said:

Mind giving me the URLs and I'll see if I can post them fine? Just to see if that makes a difference. 

The tweets seem to have fixed themselves.. The video is still displaying strangely.

https://twitter.com/TCThiele/status/1244633635715612673?s=20

https://twitter.com/TCThiele/status/1244644313948012545?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4zYluFnL1M

See here, now it's displaying properly.

Anyone know what error code EX126 is? Trying to update an original thread post and it keeps coming up ::shrug:

Anyone know what error code EX126 is? Trying to update an original thread post and it keeps coming up ::shrug:
Pretty sure that's Numberwang isn't it?

8 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Sorry I missed this @Julius - is it still happening?

No worries! And yeah, it happens when I try to change the title of the E3 2020 thread :blank:

Is there not anything that can be done about the daily spammers this forum has been getting recently?

Not sure how it would work, but it’s not like these are subtle bots!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 15-4-2020 at 7:50 AM, Eddage said:

Is there not anything that can be done about the daily spammers this forum has been getting recently?

Not sure how it would work, but it’s not like these are subtle bots!

They're quite a persistent bunch, yeah. I'd figure we would need some sort of Captcha/I'm not a bot kind of thing you need to check before you can create an account, but I don't know if that's easy to implement.