NEurope

I knew about the shift-return, but I still think it's annoying, as my formatting often doesn't want an extra line after an enter <sigh>.

But that's not why I post.

Out of sheer curiosity, is this a casualty of the forum transition, or am I copy/pasting it wrong?

[countdown=06/12/2018 12:00 AM;bla]Count Down?[/countdown]

I don't particularly need it. Was just curious, as I did want to use it in the E3 thread.

Yeah that was a custom thing for the last forum.

Coincidentally @RedShell brought this up yesterday: 

• Thanks 1

Is there a setting anywhere that lets you remove the "Posts" section on the right per user? It doesn't work with the ignore feature so I'd rather not have it but obviously I don't want it removed for everyone, I'm not that mean :laughing:

26 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Is there a setting anywhere that lets you remove the "Posts" section on the right per user? It doesn't work with the ignore feature so I'd rather not have it but obviously I don't want it removed for everyone, I'm not that mean :laughing:

Im thinking there must be a way to change it. PSNProfiles use Invision as well and while they show what topics have been recently replied to ( on the right just like us ), they don't actually show the content.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I'll look into it but for now you may just have to use your own facilities to ignore people.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

I'll look into it but for now you may just have to use your own facilities to ignore people.

Actually thinking about it I think we’ve discussed this before and I was told to just put some paper over the right side of my monitor. Hopefully this time will be more productive :p 

Its not a massive issue I guess which is why I would never ask for the whole forum to be changed but you just can’t help but read some of it when you are looking at that section and I use the ignore function for a reason. I tend to get wound up too easily at having to read that stuff.

And just to be clear, I'll look into if it's possible to allow users to see recent posts including the posts or just the subject. We've looked in the past and you can't have it so ignored users are removed and we're not going to change something others may well find useful just because some people can't ignore others using their own willpower.

I’m hoping you just didn’t read my post where I specifically said I would ask for that otherwise you are coming across as a bit of a dick.

8 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I’m hoping you just didn’t read my post where I specifically said I would ask for that otherwise you are coming across as a bit of a dick.

It was posted while I was posting.  It was more general than aimed at you specifically (i.e. I didn't think you specifically would demand it just to suit your preferences).  I appreciate that you were just asking about the possibility rather than demanding it.  As I said, I'll look into if users would be able to select a 'mini' version of the feature when I get some time but I believe from looking into it into the past the right-side stuff is forum wide and not customisable by the user.

• Thanks 1

Can I get a list of current UBB tags? They're hidden thanks to the wyigsy editor, and on occasion I'd still like to use them.

This software doesn't use codes the way the old one did. Old codes have been converted to HTML. This editor takes links (to images, tweets etc) and automatically formats them.

What would you like to use, that you no longer can?

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

This software doesn't use codes the way the old one did. Old codes have been converted to HTML. This editor takes links (to images, tweets etc) and automatically formats them.

What would you like to use, that you no longer can?

It still uses them, but doesn't save them like the old forum. I can use UBB tags like normal, most of the time. The one I'm having trouble with right now is the tag. It doesn't work, and I don't know what the exact syntax for it is. I was going to post a big list in the films 2019 thread, and I wasn't going to format that manually..

I also brought up an issue with the automatic embedding before, and I asked for the video tags I think. Or maybe the url tags? But I can get those things to work. Tags are needed to create links like this for example. Automatic embedding gets in the way sometimes, but maybe some update alleviated the problems.

Sorry but I don't know what you mean by the tag?

To create a link like that you would normally paste it, then click the option to not embed it, which appears at the bottom of the editor ( "Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead "). Or use the link button (chain icon) in the WYSIWYG in the first place.

Some BBCodes do still work, but as you say, the editor is just turning them into html. This is just something built into CKEditor, and there's no list of them that I know of unfortunately.

Hope this doesn't seem dismissive, I want to help if I can.

With tags I just mean the BBCodes. Oh sorry, I didn't realize it didn't display.. I meant the <size=xx> tag, but than with brackets. The fact that it disappeared must mean it'll accept some form of the tag. In the source you can see something should've been there. They must have working UBB tags for all the functionality they feature.

And using the chain icon didn't occur to me, but doesn't matter anyway.

test

test

test

[test]test[/test]

<strong>test</strong>

Edited by Sméagol

Can I just check are you asking how to use BBCode instead of the buttons in the editor (eg bold, italics etc)? And if so why, or is this an old code that no longer works?

As Shorty said, there is some legacy support converting the old ones but as far as I'm aware it's not designed to be used in new posts (just work on migrated ones).

I suspect all of the functionality has working "legacy" UBB codes, for the same reason I can't directly put HTML in here, eventhough the editor converts it to HTML when actually saving the post. And like I said, the <size> tag disappears, which means the editor takes it, but doesn't do anything with it, so my syntaxt must be incorrect.

Like I said, I wanted to post an update in the Films 2019 thread, and post the list below, except with formatting. Doing this with the WYIGSY editor would be a nightmare.

The Favourite ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Cold War ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
La Flor (Parte 1) ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Pájaros de verano ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Sons of Denmark ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
The Night Shifter ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
La Flor (Parte 2) ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Long Day's Journey Into Night ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Harpoon ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
La Flor (Parte 3) ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Shadow ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Tel Aviv on Fire ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Lazzaro felice ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Das melancholische Mädchen ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Mens ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
The Best of Dorien B. ♥♥♥♥♥
High Life ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Tarde para morir joven ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Killing ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Monument ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Lost Holiday ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Bangla ♥♥♥♥♥
BNK48: Girls Don't Cry ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Cities of Last Things ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Ash Is Purest White ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Maggie ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
A Land Imagined ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Rosie ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Nightmare Cinema ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Destroyer ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Rojo ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Els dies que vindran ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Out of Blue ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
The Spy Gone North ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Dragon Ball Super: Broly ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)
Free Solo ♥♥♥♥♥ (trailer)

Hey guys, this is probably a question with a really simple answer, but I can't figure it out, so thought I might as well ask ::shrug:

So, I picked up a new phone recently, switching iOS for Android, and thus Safari for Chrome. I mostly use my phone to use these forums, and think I've used it in Chrome before with no problems.

Anyways, my problem: when editing comments containing videos and images before, on iOS, all I'd have to do to delete them was backspace a couple of times and they'd be removed from the editor/my post. However, with my new phone, and in Chrome, I can't figure out how to delete the videos or images. I've tried backspaces, long press (to see if it brought up any viable options), requesting the desktop site, etc., but yeah...I can't figure out how to delete media in my posts now? :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Can someone who has access remove my 2 factor authentication please? i've got a new phone and lost access to the google authenticator app and don't seem to be able to find backup codes

29 minutes ago, Agent Gibbs said:

Can someone who has access remove my 2 factor authentication please? i've got a new phone and lost access to the google authenticator app and don't seem to be able to find backup codes

I haven't got a clue when it comes to this stuff and I wouldn't have access but I reckon @Shorty would be able to help. :smile:

- - - - -

I mean, I know what two factor authentication is but as I understand it, on your phone, there's an app which gives you access to all of your two-step authenticated accounts but only through this one app; so losing access to the app means that you're now having to disable the two-step authentication as a security measure?

This is just my attempt to further understand the problem and inform myself a bit (as I don't know that much about modern phone tech) so that I can maybe be of more use in the future but I'm sorry that I couldn't be of much assistance in the meantime but hopefully someone with access can get this sorted out for you. :peace:

2 hours ago, S.C.G said:

I haven't got a clue when it comes to this stuff and I wouldn't have access but I reckon @Shorty would be able to help. :smile:

- - - - -

I mean, I know what two factor authentication is but as I understand it, on your phone, there's an app which gives you access to all of your two-step authenticated accounts but only through this one app; so losing access to the app means that you're now having to disable the two-step authentication as a security measure?

This is just my attempt to further understand the problem and inform myself a bit (as I don't know that much about modern phone tech) so that I can maybe be of more use in the future but I'm sorry that I couldn't be of much assistance in the meantime but hopefully someone with access can get this sorted out for you. :peace:

Yeah that seems to be the gist of it, I thought a backup code let me restore the account in the app on my new phone and only had one for Google itself. But it seems its app/phone specific on Googles own app and you need a backup code per account you had set up to be able to restore them - i fundamentally misunderstood how it worked it seems, so i'm shit out of luck.

When i researched it the answer seems to be for the site admin to disable it on an account, I had to do it for ResetERA, who asked a lot of security questions before doing it.

got to be honest i'm now not even sure if i want to reinstall 2FA until i work out how to have a system in place if this happens again. Its just a little too secure it seems to the point that if you loose your phone and can't get your account back through speaking to admin, you loose the account overall - so i'm glad i never set it up through the app for PSN, which i kept as texts/calls etc for 2FA

• Thanks 1