NEurope

I know, and I've done it. Ask people in a forum, in a thread labelled "questions".

Well, you could google it too, but I guess asking the question on a forum and having other people google the answer for you works just as well.

Maybe even better.

I google it and got somewhat of an answer but I would like it better explained, that's why I came here.

As this is N-Europe and because of a thread that popped up in the Other Consoles board, I'm curious what the stance is on having some kind of all-encompassing "other languages discussion" board for our non-English speaking vistors?

I dunno the percentage of other languages spoken on here, or if it would even be worthwhile... but it would be a nice option. Sorry, it's like, 7:30am and I'm half asleep. I may look back on this idea later as garbage and follow up with a 1,500 word apology.

Why is it dangerous to stand under a tree during a lightning storm?

You know this Questions thread is in the Board News & Issues forum right?

And Scoop I believe the reasoning in the past has been simply because we wouldn't be able to moderate it as well.

Yeah, that's a really good point. Moderation is the big issue.

If the post has the foreign words for penis, enlargement and pills, I'd can it. Anything else is likely to be legitimate discussion.

If the post has the foreign words for penis, enlargement and pills, I'd can it. Anything else is likely to be legitimate discussion.

I.e. any post by ReZ?

Back again this year the survey of the Sole 24 Ore carried out by IPR Marketing and dedicated to the satisfaction of the directors, with the relative ranking of consent.

Yeah I don't trust it.

I don't trust Dannyboy...I think he has a trick up his sleeve.

duck+watch.jpg

Yeah I don't trust it.

duck+watch.jpg

If the content of that post is supposed to be related to some diabolical plan of mine, it's so diabolical I don't even get it myself. :heh:

Good man, never trust a Dane, their likely to annex your country.

Good man, never trust a Dane, their likely to annex your country.

Don't make us add you to our collection of northern islands! :heh:

Don't make us add you to our collection of northern islands! :heh:

Again?

Not that we mind, the Danes would just have settle a few economic disputes with some other small countries for us.

If I/we were to start a petetion/state our strong will for a certain thread to come back, would you (mods) listen?

If I/we were to start a petetion/state our strong will for a certain thread to come back, would you (mods) listen?

*Awaits to see crushing of idea*

I'd rather the Music thread didn't come back.

(Assuming that's what you want)

I'm sure I speak for all when I say that I'm fairly sure forum petitions will work just about as well as real petitions.

I'm sure I speak for all when I say that I'm fairly sure forum petitions will work just about as well as real petitions.

They'll be well respected and effect change?

I'd rather the Music thread didn't come back.

Likewise. No.
24l234j.jpg

Sorry haters. I was actually speaking with Dan Dare the other day about how the new regime works brilliantlyslashok with music. :awesome:

Your fear of "pretension" is really unnerving Dyson, and more often than not uncalled-for.

I'm referring to the resurrection/creation of a FILM THREAD.

We need some sort of generic film thread. That can be thripped, or rather just people know if it's a current, popular movie being predominantly discussed.

We can make individual threads about musicians, and even though the threads are short, they're maybe more effective at actually getting people to listen to what you're talking about. So NO ACTUALLY MUSIC IS FINE.

I want to discuss/talk about films that aren't current/popular, but the threads will die a death. See; Cabaret, Twin Peaks (Tv Show whatever) etc etc. Sure you could argue "Well the interest wouldn't be there in your proposed thread like it wasn't in the individual threads", but then it would take place in a much more appropriate environment. A little melting pot of filmic musings and thoughts. Rather than having to ANNOUNCE a film and your reasoning for it being thread-worthy and wait for other people's opinions.

I'm a film student who wants to talk about films and film theory and it seems a glaring omission of gen chit chat to ban this kinda talk unless it's in the form of hundreds of empty, cluttering threads.

I agree. Like I'd have made a Green Hornet thread as seeing it tomorrow but its probably near pointless.

Yeah. It doesn't have to be Rate The Last Film You Saw, it should just be "Films". And then if Green Hornet suddenly generated LOADS of discussion, thrip it.

Ezy.

Can I just suggest that if this were to happen, it should be locked/recreated every month or so. That would solve the problem of big threads preventing new discussion thingy.