NEurope

Cool thanks.

-------------------

This might seem petit but it's bugging the living bejeesus girl out of me.

Please can we have a 3DS sub form, or change the DS and DSi subforum to "3DS, DSi and DS" forum or whatever. Would be awesome/muchly appreciated win blog.

kthxbai.

Do you realise its been two days since the official unveiling and we have other, more pressing matters at hand?

Pffft, hardly takes two seconds to update though. Besides what other matters have their been? Its not like its been the most important week in the gaming calan.....oh.

But srsly. I want hax/

PS I will ask Dwarf Matty Gourami what errorz he's getting. I'm pretty sure its just "cannot reach server" stuff.

For anyone having problems, pass this alternate URL along: http://ne.dnssite.net

Please let us know whether this solves anything for you guys (or not, as the case maybe). We're still trying to pinpoint the exact cause of the problem.

Just letting you guys know, I am also with Sky and am having trouble accessing the site. I seem to get this....

untitled-2.jpg

The forum does load up, but I have to try at least 4 times.

What about with http://ne.dnssite.net/ ?

Mcoy tried that and was able to get back on the forums with no problem.

Mcoy has had alot of trouble in the last week and will only get on in the very rare occasion.

The server dudes have done some DNS thing. Over the next 48 hours it should eventually start working for everyone.

So let us know if it does and once again tell your friends!

Ooh! I had this problem. :D

I wish I could've had the alternative link.

Currently I've switched DNS servers to googles public one. :) (i'm on google chrome)

Cheers to Rez for informing me about the alternative link, and cheers to whoever (Tphi?) made it happen.

Normal N-Europe is working fine for me noaww, much love.

To those still unable to connect, have you attempted to go to the http://ne.dnssite.net link and see if that works when the other fails? We have made some dns changes in the last 12 hours that we believe should assist at least in part of the problem.

For those unable to connect, are you running windows pc's? If so can you drop to a cmd prompt via start -> run -> cmd (enter) and then from the c:\> prompt type in "nslookup n-europe.com" (without the quotes) (hit enter) and copy/paste the results. If you could also do "tracert 67.228.47.236" and copy/paste the results.

If this doesn't make since I can put some more detail into it.

EDIT: Looks like the alt link was working for people. Keep in mind this is only temporary and that the normal url's should start working for everyone within the day. Switching name servers to things like google's is a workaround as well. The problem was between what we believe are mostly EU based connections and our 3rd party dns service. We have implemented a fix last night and it should take 12 hours for most people and up to 48 hours for others.

Edited by Vorlx

Gah, totally not able to get on here AT ALL with my sky broadband!! (all evening, am now on my 3 dongle)

I seem to be getting on the site (through normal url) with no problems. :) Thanks for fixing this issue!

I will update should i have the same problems over the next few days.

Gah, totally not able to get on here AT ALL with my sky broadband!! (all evening, am now on my 3 dongle)
It could be possible that the DNS cache hasn't been refreshed yet for you, it depends on your ISP and could take as much as 72 hours (12 is normal though and 48 a more realistic max)

Raining_again, let us know if you're still having problems. Otherwise I think we hopefully have this one under control :)

Still no luck with it, managed to get on my phone and get the alternative link which i'm now using.

edit: i did those cmd prompts for you Vorlx:

knee.jpg

Edited by Raining_again

Hey guys, yesterday and today I've had no issues getting online, not sure if you've changed anything, but I've not had to reload it at all!

Still no luck with it, managed to get on my phone and get the alternative link which i'm now using.

edit: i did those cmd prompts for you Vorlx:

knee.jpg

Raining,

Thanks for the screen shots. That pretty much confirmed the problem. You are able to get to the server but dns will not resolve for you. My hunch was that it was isolated between your isp and our 3rd party dns server. I implemented a workaround dns solution that won't have that problem. If you can get to our server you will be able to get to the site. That being said as Shorty mentioned DNS cache takes it's time sometimes. The problem will eventually fix itself for you. In the meantime you can access the site via http://ne.dnssite.net or switch to opendns or google's public dns. All which would help prevent problems like this for any other sites in the future.

Raining,

Thanks for the screen shots. That pretty much confirmed the problem. You are able to get to the server but dns will not resolve for you. My hunch was that it was isolated between your isp and our 3rd party dns server. I implemented a workaround dns solution that won't have that problem. If you can get to our server you will be able to get to the site. That being said as Shorty mentioned DNS cache takes it's time sometimes. The problem will eventually fix itself for you. In the meantime you can access the site via http://ne.dnssite.net or switch to opendns or google's public dns. All which would help prevent problems like this for any other sites in the future.

ahhh brilliant, thanks for the help Vorlx =) I have the link bookmarked and will use til then. :smile:

Raining_Again says she can't get on, not even on the alternate link. Keeps saying "Firefox can't find the server at ne.dnssite.net."

booooh...do something about it guys :P

Raining_Again says she can't get on, not even on the alternate link. Keeps saying "Firefox can't find the server at ne.dnssite.net."

booooh...do something about it guys :P

i've now managed to get on through the dnssite.net site, but still nothing on the normal website >_<

Thanks martin!

i've now managed to get on through the dnssite.net site, but still nothing on the normal website >_<

Thanks martin!

Spoken again with our tech guy Vorlx, who says that the DNS issue is fixed, although maybe your ISP is lagging somewhat at realising this. For the moment either utilize the temporary link until a time your ISP's dns servers decide to play nice, or switch dns to opendns or google's public dns which seems to be the root of this problem anyways.