N-Europe

Questions

Ashley

If you're changing his name, I'll be Nosyd for a week. I want to be more Irish?

Also, I noticed the crazy purple theme you have going on there Conzer. :P

Crazy purple ftw!!

Any chance of the name change for a week then?

61reznoc

I think its because :S used to be a smilie, so thus you couldn't do :sh.akehead (sans full stop obviously) as you would have gotten the :S smilie, followed by 'hakehead'. Guess the smilie was removed and never changed.

Oh and addressed an earlier issue which asked about whether Tech forum should be changed, just changed the description a bit.

What is the strategy for this years E3? Will new threads be made by admins only in the console boards? Will there be a thread for suggesting new threads or a general E3 discussion thread?

Our system last year was pretty damn excellent.

What we did is, we turned off the user's ability to post new threads. We then hid ALL of the years, bar one or two (gen chit chat), and we created new boards. The E3 boards, which had boards for Wii E3 discussion, PC and Mac Discussion, PS3 and 360 Discussion, etc.

Actually, I'd like to go with that, again. It worked so well.

Oh yeah, of course, only the admins and mods could make threads. It was to save there being inevitably 30 or so of the same thread, as people would rush create new threads as info was released.

Our system last year was pretty damn excellent.

What we did is, we turned off the user's ability to post new threads. We then hid ALL of the years, bar one or two (gen chit chat), and we created new boards. The E3 boards, which had boards for Wii E3 discussion, PC and Mac Discussion, PS3 and 360 Discussion, etc.

Actually, I'd like to go with that, again. It worked so well.

Oh yeah, of course, only the admins and mods could make threads. It was to save there being inevitably 30 or so of the same thread, as people would rush create new threads as info was released.

It was indeed pretty damn excellent.

May I suggest a thread for us plebs to post news when it is released, and also to suggest a thread within a board for a certain game.

It'll stop the MPOTD thread being filled with such requests.

• 3 weeks later...