NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kurtle Squad

Is this place the only sane place on the net?!

Okay...I'm getting pretty pissed off with the amount of stupidity and such on the internet. You know, fanboys and the such; most other sites are so fanboy-y it's incredible, and people on here are always complaining about it.

But there are also sites such as Wikipedia...What a shithole, your own comments get deleted on the DISCUSSION page and whatever you actually contribute is also bound to be deleted...and then they let all that horrible grammar onto there >_< *shudder* and false/inaccurate information.

Anyone else have sites they really hate?!!?

I don't have any gripe with Wikipedia.. in fact I think it is the greatest contribution to the internet so far.

I don't like Joystiq these days.

I hate ign, nintendo.co.uk. This is the best one, any fanboys that come in with stupid posts get screamed at by everyone and will either leave or shut the hell up. Here we don't get 500 posts on exactly the same subject. And we don't get too many new threads clogging up the boards.

This place is 'sane'? Fuck me, I'd hate to see the places you're talking about.

and false/inaccurate information.

They have the same amount as ANY encyclopedia.

Anyone else have sites they really hate?!!?

There is one....i think its revo-europe or something like that...cant remember it well though

You are testament to your own statement.

We have a "strict policy" on fanboys that most other forums don't have, it keeps most of them out... till a console launch.

We have a "strict policy" on fanboys that most other forums don't have, it keeps most of them out... till a console launch.

My PowerGlove pwnz j00

dont bash wiki! I agree that it is one of the best uses of the internet, and best ways to find broadly accurate information there is. I have learnt heaps and spent hours on there, where I start off looking at item A, and get so side tracked I end up looking at item Z.

And what exactly is wrong with this place, may i ask?

How dare you bash wikipedia, the single greatest site on the internet. The reason they have to be strict is because there are a lot of people who act like jackasses.

dont bash wiki! I agree that it is one of the best uses of the internet, and best ways to find broadly accurate information there is. I have learnt heaps and spent hours on there, where I start off looking at item A, and get so side tracked I end up looking at item Z.

Im the same. I have it as one of my favourites. It really is an excellent use of the Internet.

Its only crap cause you're here...

And what exactly is wrong with this place, may i ask?

Nothing as such, but it's hardly normal [not saying that's a bad thing, it's spot on.]

Its only crap cause you're here...

Hey, come on. Less of that, please.

Nothing as such, but it's hardly normal [not saying that's a bad thing, it's spot on.]

I agree with you, good sir. There are more good things that can be said about this place than bad.

I think there's a very friendly atmosphere here, everyone is always so helpful and polite to each other - mostly.

One site I don't like is ebaumsworld because most of the material on there has been stolen and passed off as their own stuff.

I think there's a very friendly atmosphere here, everyone is always so helpful and polite to each other - mostly.

What he said.

One site I don't like is ebaumsworld because most of the material on there has been stolen and passed off as their own stuff.

Am i nice? :)

I'd agree most people on here are pretty sound minded.

Am i nice? :)

I'd agree most people on here are pretty sound minded.

I'll always remember you quite happily telling me (via pm) about how to update my graphics card drivers when I knew nothing about such things.:heart:

Yeah, Wikipedia is a very good site, altought sometimes they can be *ssholes. I like Revolution-Europe, but I would hardly call it the only sane place on the net, I'm a member of several other communities that are very sane indeed. Then again, it all depends on what you mean with sane, in this context I'm talking about the amount of general morons and trollers, where less is more sane.

i am a fanboy why havent i been chased off with a pitchfork yet?

oh yeah this is one of the nice websites

Blizzard forumns should be shut down, sooo much flaming.

This place is sane, sure you have the odd argument and the odd idiot, but isnt that human nature?

This is actually the longest forum i've actually continued posting on..

Sign in to follow this