NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ollie

Turning two DVD's into one

I have two copies of Enter The Dragon on DVD. They have both been edited so that they are missing some of the more violent violence, but between them they are just about the full original movie. My question is, how do I cut them together to make one ubertastic dvd of violence and death?

I would ideally like a timeline type interface so that I can cut the scene that is missing and paste it into the right place, like Sony Sound Forge for those of you that have used it.

The only thing I don't want to do is lose quality, so any tips?

This post is just to show that people DO read techie threads, but don't reply when they have no idea.

So: I have absolutely no idea on how to do that, but think, if there is a way, that it will be one helluva task and probably not worth it in the end. Not to mention probably not legal (ripping to pc, screwing around with copyrighted material and such).

I'm assuming that both dvds are pal, or that both are ntsc.

You'll have to decrypt the dvd first (remove the copy protection) and I'd recommend using DVDFabDecrypter. You'll end up with one folder for each of your dvds on your hdd.

Then comes the slightly more tricky part. Get the free trial version of TMPGEnc DVD Author and create a new project. Click the Add DVD Button and add one of the dvds then the other. The next part is just you editing the video using the chapter-cut edit part so that it plays the required parts at the right time. You can add the dvds more than once so that you edit one part, add it again to edit another part, etc. Play around and figure it all out.

Make a menu if you want and then save the dvd.

It's likely that you'll end up with a dual-layer sized project as most commercial dvds are made that way, so save it and run it through DVD Shrink (Unless you have a dual layer drive and a dual layer disc). Shrinking loses quality. but it's the only step that will lose quality.

Sounds interesting. Could be helpful for putting finished deleted scenes back into films...

I was wondering if there was a very quick way of converting VOB files to MKV, all the tutorials are way too long.

Mr Odwin seem's to know everything :hehe: I think I'll break into song......"X-S-Orbit, X-S-Orbit....."! :love:

I like video stuff. It's part of my darker geekier side. (He says while posting on a Nintendo Revolution forum)

odwin u fuckin genius:D

i had gardian knox, but not AUTO gaurdian knox,

and the results are superb, once again, awesome

odwin u fuckin genius:D

i had gardian knox, but not AUTO gaurdian knox,

and the results are superb, once again, awesome

What settings did you use booker? I know you have a fancy comp these days too, so what sort of speed did you get? I generally get about real time speed when encoding to xvid (depending on settings obviously), so about 25 fps, but I'd expect a lot more from you.

I have finished the DVD, following Odwin's guide, it was pretty easy and I have a seemless DVD with all the scenes I want. Took a few hours but was well worth it! Cheers dude!

well, my one renders at around 40fps, i am ripping anime from a dvd so i can have them in neat episode file formats on my pc. disc one was 9 episodes and was 3:40mins long, so it took around 6 hours to fully encode everything, i used the 2gb dvd settings, and fixed the aspect ratio at 640. takes around 20mins to prepare everything, 2 and a half hours to encode the video and 3 to encode it with the sound, baring in mine that i was able to do many other things, so it might of slowed it down a bit. but the end result was perfect.

I've heard that anime can be hard to encode because some of it is just really low frame rate but blended into a higher TV-friendly rate.

Sign in to follow this