NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
*Dalco*

Dreamcast Trouble

Hi, i bought a DC a few months back and played it loads, i then didn't play for a few weeks and then last night when i swtiched it on there was a problem. There was a picture but the sounds was all fuzzy, any advice as i need to carry on playing shenmue :P

cheers

Hm this might be a stupid suggestion but first of all make sure all cables are pushed in properly, and perhaps try it on another TV as its the TV that might be the problem?

I hope you get it sorted, please let us know if you do.

I had this problem, plug a tv aerial into the 'ANT IN' thingy on the little box attatched to the wire that goes into the back of your TV - it worked wonders for me, the picture looks better than usual too. :-)

Punch the box. Sorted mine out everytime.

Course i can't be held responsible if you break it...

Yeah mine keeps reseting, i asked on here before, and people said open it and clean it, but im afraid to. :/

Yeah mine keeps reseting, i asked on here before, and people said open it and clean it, but im afraid to. :/

It ain't so risky - all I did was open the DC up; take off the power board; push some pins towards the back of the console and the resetting has gone for me. I reccomend you do it. Your Dreamcast is messed up anyway so it ain't that big of a deal.

I'm still too scared. If i break it, its gone :'(

Is there any online guides?

My dreamcast is broken totally :(

The drive doesn't read CD's anymore and the fan inside is dead so it ends up over heating and crashing.

I'm still too scared. If i break it, its gone :'(

Is there any online guides?

http://www.consolevision.com/members/fackue/tut_resetfix.shtml

Here you go! Trust me I'm a clumsy shite and I had no problem with this. Unless you go about it wielding a 15 inch hammer your Dreamcast is gonna live through this.

Well you don't have to do it, but I couldn't live with the resetting myself.

I really want to play my Dreamcast again. But I need to get a scart cable for it. I suppose I could get them from certain shops/websites. And now I have a found a way to stop it resetting, we might be back in business soon. :yay:

Sign in to follow this