NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Josh64

Best ending EVER!

I remember a Neo-Geo(or was it arcade?) game me and a pal of mine played at a friends/or in a pub or something, it was a sidescrolling shooter - a la Contra etc, and when you completed it it turned out that you had been working for bad guys bent on world domination all along. And you didn't get any chance to kill em or so, you might even joined them :) :P

Eternal Darkness is definitely one of the endings I liked the most of the current gen.

And Majoras Mask is my favourite Zelda ending, but then I include the end battles etc too.

A bit of a dangerous thread this, as many people have yet to play many of the games which will be suggested, and theres bound to be spoilers, some may be forgotten to be put in a spoiler box.

Anyways, I'd have to say Majora's Mask. Don't get me wrong, I loved OOT's ending aswell, but MM's ending was possibly the closest to magical an ending could get. The best bit was (not really a spoiler, but I'll put it in a spoiler box anyway)...

When you see the words 'A New Day' in black text on a white

background, as apposed to white text on a black background,

which is shown to instruct when a new day begins ^^

i loved second sight too, flinging enemies through windows and shooting them with sawn offs

Majoras Mask.

Secret of Mana (awesome!)

and thats all i can think of at the moment...

(although i could EASILY go through a list of SNES rpg's)

Come to think of it, Earthbound had a very nice ending.

remember how you had to pray to all the people of the world to beat the last boss? that was a goodie.

hey, ive just finished Terranigma (on cartridge might i add)...

how bizzare is the ending?!

I didnt know what to think! it was such an epic game, then it was suddenly over! Though i did give the Dark Gaia a thrashing of a lifetime!

In terms of Retro Games, Sonic 3 (Knuckles ending) rules.

After battling Meta-Sonic, Knuckles is saved by Sonic who then

return the Master Emerald to the island,

which then floats into space with a fantastic soundtrack.

I like that ending :)

My favorite ending would be that of Final fantasy 7 Especially after seeing Advent children.

When red and his children run across the plains and end on a cliff overlooking a really old and deserted Midgar

Next in the line would be final fantasy X and X2 (mostly X2 because I really had to work hard to get it)

When first Tidus seems to have dissapeared and when you finish X2 he wakes up underwater and swims up to Yuna.

I generally dont really like the Zelda endings because it marks the end of a really great game. I think ÓOT's ending is kinda weak compared to the game itself. It's pretty and really good but just so sad that the game had already ended. (me wants more)

offtopic- kameo can be completed in a weekend apparently *throws £50 away*

best game ending hmm..quite liked the ending on shining force 2 on megadrive..can also get one last fight against all the bosses of the game which was cool

also LoZ : OOT was well chuffed bak in the day when i finished this

Hello again, well...whats your favorite game ending. Mines dk 64 as you may have seen in the best intro's thread, I think its really cool, I also like super mario 64 ending. what are ur favorites

the ending after you beat k krool in the boxing ring was fairly kool it dk 64 but ive been stuck on 297 golden bananas out of 300 for 4years now wonder if ill ever get it finished

is it true you get a special ending were the tell you something about the gamecube (dolphin back then)

Obviously, all the Zelda endings are a bit special. But one no-one's mentioned is Link's Awakening on the Game Boy. I remember thinking, when I first completed it....ooooh, about 9 years ago(?!) that the ending was great. Surely one of the only instances where a Game Boy game oozed real emotion. That Wind Fish song was awesome...

Link Awakening, Shenmue/2, Majoras Mask, Phantasy Star Online Episode 3 C.A.R.D Revolution (You so had to play the proper story mode to appreciate it) Feel The Magic XX/XY (I own a US copy so bah I call it that).

To name a few...

Majora's Mask's ending has a real bittersweet taste to it. Not because everything gets resolved - it doesn't. Even though the credits sequence shows everyone's best endings, no matter what you do, you can't save everyone. You can't be the hero and save the day completely - if you stop Sakon robbing the old lady from the bomb shop, Anju and Kafei can never be reunited. If you want to help Anju and Kafei, you have to let the old lady be mugged. Even though you can rewind time and make sure everything happens right at least once, you can't help everyone at once.

LoZ:OOT is a classic ending! And I dont know what LoZ:MM is like because I got really stuck and I try every year but failing....maybe one day I will get to see this ending.

the ending after you beat k krool in the boxing ring was fairly kool it dk 64 but ive been stuck on 297 golden bananas out of 300 for 4years now wonder if ill ever get it finished

is it true you get a special ending were the tell you something about the gamecube (dolphin back then)

Indeed it is what happens is:

You see them holding auditions for the next DK game on the Dolphin/Cube. Its pretty funny.

I liked Banjo Kazooie's ending, with:

Gruntilda getting trapped under the rock

Though the beginning of Banjo Tooie ruins it, then agian, i don't know what the ending of BT is like

Obviously, all the Zelda endings are a bit special. But one no-one's mentioned is Link's Awakening on the Game Boy. I remember thinking, when I first completed it....ooooh, about 9 years ago(?!) that the ending was great. Surely one of the only instances where a Game Boy game oozed real emotion. That Wind Fish song was awesome...

awww nuts....now I'm going to start crying again :(

Lylat Wars

The music is great :D

And MarioKart 64 :bowdown:

One thing always kept me puzzled in the ending of Majora's Mask, in the end sequence you see the Deku Princess's butler crying next to the weird-looking tree that's found at the start of the game...

Mine has to be a link to the past:

"and the master sword sleeps again.."

Pure excellence.

I think the end of Prince of Persia: Sands of Time was the one that marked me the most, it was very emotional.

I liked the ending of Tetris, the classic GB-version. When you score about 200 lines or more you get to see a rocket being launched, and some hoopleheads apparently feeling compellingly totemistic about it start dancing away. That's brilliant.

And of course, OoT. Not that the ending was that great, but getting any ending after such a game is what it was all about. Well earned.

OoT - was so emotional! Probably the closest i'll ever come to crying at a game (and not out of frustration). Mind you a lot of the sadness was from having completed it and knowing i'd seen everything.

Killer 7 - Didn't understand it, but liked it. Very stylish and hard-hitting.

Super Mario World - it was my first experience of completing a game and luckily it WAS a good ending as well so i have very good memories of it. I liked the music and cast of characters and the little baby Yoshi's hatching (even though they're quite ugly as babies).

I think the end of Prince of Persia: Sands of Time was the one that marked me the most, it was very emotional.

...Of course it would have been one hell of a lot better if they'd actually put in a real end of game boss instead of that shitty vizier (sp?) that it was possible to beat in about 10 seconds.

Sign in to follow this