NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Josh64

Best ending EVER!

Hello again, well...whats your favorite game ending. Mines dk 64 as you may have seen in the best intro's thread, I think its really cool, I also like super mario 64 ending. what are ur favorites

Mine would be Ocarina of Time;

Having been through such an amazing experience, i thought the ending was sublime, and ended the story perfectly;

The scene of Link and Zelda saying goodbye, The Party,

The Sages watching over and knowing their work is done,

Link returning the Master Sword, then returning to see Zelda;

all accompanied by a fantastic, emotional music soundtrack;

Also i love how the camera flew over all of Hyrule,

showing you all the places you've been on your epic journey,

and Epona galloping across the field!

Overall, fantastic and moving!

I don't know what the best ending ever is really.

I'd have to say Second Sight is quite a good one though

I was quite disappointed with Wind Wakers one :sad:

A bit of a dangerous thread this, as many people have yet to play many of the games which will be suggested, and theres bound to be spoilers, some may be forgotten to be put in a spoiler box.

Anyways, I'd have to say Majora's Mask. Don't get me wrong, I loved OOT's ending aswell, but MM's ending was possibly the closest to magical an ending could get. The best bit was (not really a spoiler, but I'll put it in a spoiler box anyway)...

When you see the words 'A New Day' in black text on a white

background, as apposed to white text on a black background,

which is shown to instruct when a new day begins ^^

Killer 7 without a doubt in my mind; I was utterly speechless.

Metal Gear 3 gets an honorable mention.

What about DKC II? When you complete it with everything down in the Lost World. It was nice with them looking out over the ocean.

Mario 64 aswell, the Princess coming down from the stain glass window and all. "Thank you so much for t'playing my game!"

And Majora's Mask. Great game, great ending.

A bit of a dangerous thread this, as many people have yet to play many of the games which will be suggested.

Anyways, I'd have to say Majora's Mask. Don't get me wrong, I loved OOT's ending aswell, but MM's ending was possibly the closest to magical an ending would get. The best bit was (not really a spoiler, but I'll put it in a spoiler box anyway)...

When you see the words 'A New Day' in black text on a white

background, as apposed to white text on a black background,

which is shown to instruct when a new day begins ^^

I completely agree. Majora's Mask remains one of my favorite games. If you work at it, you can become completely absorbed in the world. Twas a proud moment when I finished getting all the masks.

Hooo boy, this was a tough one, but I would have to say Zelda III on SNES. That ending has a place in my heart. The music during the entire ending (especially where the camera goes over the mountain-range and the credit is shown) was, IS, a masterpiece.

yeah one of the best endings ever was OOT that was awesome! i saved just before the last battle so went back and done it quite a few times to see the ending again and again! ah those were the days.

mario on the original gameboy has a feel good ending after the aeroplane level :)

Ocarina of Time did have a very cool ending, so did Tales of Symphonia. I thought Metal Gear Solid had a great ending, personally. Ocarina probably sticks with me the most though, simply for some of the hauntingly good music and scenes in that sequence. You really did feel like you'd saved the world.

Mario 64 has great ending music, by the way.

A few favourites spring to mind. A Link to the Past had a great end credit sequence. The music was magical. I liked the super monkey ball idea of collecting bananas while the credits dropped, but it went on a bit too long imo. I always liked the ending to Phantasy Star on the Master System too.

yeah one of the best endings ever was OOT that was awesome! i saved just before the last battle so went back and done it quite a few times to see the ending again and again! ah those were the days.

mario on the original gameboy has a feel good ending after the aeroplane level :)

Yeah i've saved before the Ganondorf battle aswell, and replay from that save quite often just to relive one of the best boss battles and endings ever!

I found Super Mario Land to be very hard when i got it; i was quite young and i was SOOO proud to have completed it!!!!!

my favorite ending is definetly ocarina of time, all because the final battle with Ganon!!! it is the most epic fight in gaming history :)

i wonder who i s acing up in twilight princess...? is ganon even in the game...? :grin:

- HAVE YE GOT WHAT I TAKES -

Final Fantasy IX had a wicked ending!!

You think Zidane is dead, and theres garnet all sad and alone watching the same play as how the game started, and then theres a firmiliar face on the stage, and she rushes down and drops the royal thingy..and leaves it. and then she runs into zidanes arms and its very cute, stiener and beitrix raise the big fat sword and theres light shining off it..very nice ending indeed

Killer 7 without a doubt in my mind; I was utterly speechless.

Same here. An absoloutly phonomenal ending to the most original and deep game seen in years presented in the most spectacular of fashions. The Donnie Darko of games. All must play it.

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask also ofcourse are worth a mention, and i'm gonna bet we get a similarly incredible ending to Twilight Princess.

In my opinion though we still have a way to go with video-game endings. Movies these days can have absoloutly brilliant endings e.g. Fight Club, Sin City, Snatch, Downfall (German Film about the last days of Hitler and the Nazi rule, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) Life Aquatic and many others i can't think of right now. Killer 7 was a huge step in the right direction, but we still have a way to go.

Oh, Mario 64's ending is good, when he finally gets that cake he's been longing for.

Oh, Mario 64's ending is good, when he finally gets that cake he's been longing for.

Lol, thats terrible

Same with the Killer7 ending.

The ending to Killer7 sure made the game amazing.

The ending made less sense than the game, seriously. (Green eyes, wtf? Kun Lan dressed as Iwazaru?)

Best game ending ever? Second Sight. Hands down. If you haven't played it, you don't deserve to live anymore... unless you're planning to get it in which case, you may go.

Sign in to follow this